Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Spen apps from Developers now and in the future

I'm ready for a upgrade and have done a good bit of reading on the note 2 and many of the videos showing off it's features.
    I've scanned the 9 pages in this forum (less carrier forums) but not the note 1 forums to ask this:

Have there been many apps released that take advantage of the spen, I don't know how to search googleplay for such a query.
    While the '2' is new I do expect some to be released over time. Is there any issues for developers to do this ?
    For those who have a Note (1 or 2) what apps would you like see created.

Thanks in advance, your input will certainly help me decide on my next phone !

Default Re: Spen apps from Developers now and in the future

Bump as I'm curious as to the same...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

there's a section in Samsung Apps supposedly devoted to S-Pen apps, but there are only a handful and most of them are crap... Sadly, I haven't been able to find a good app that truly takes advantage of the S-Pen besides the drawing apps like DrawSomething or Adobe's Sketch Book (that's the one that so far has impressed me...if only I really knew how to draw...)

I had hoped Evernote would take advantage of the S-Pen for handwritten notes, but I downloaded it yesterday and nothing, still the standard note types... I'd rather stick with S-Note, I liked that better...

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

For Evernote, I've been using Skitch, which uses the s-pen. Also, I am starting to use the handwriting mode in the stock keyboard more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by suzi View Post
    For Evernote, I've been using Skitch, which uses the s-pen. Also, I am starting to use the handwriting mode in the stock keyboard more and more.
    Yeah, but why have two separate pieces of app (honestly, they should be only one app if Evernote owns Skitch) when S-Note can do the same (and more) in a single place?