Google Now won't speak back to me...

raptorstv

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I've made sure that the media volume is on, tried several English accents: Canadian, American, and British. Nothing worked! Whats wrong?

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Is Speech output set on Always speak? Go to Google (Google bar) >> scroll down to the bottom and tap the 3 dots >> Settings >> Voice >> Always speak.

tadad1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
It only seems to work if you have the phones language set to English US in Settings>> Language and input >> Language>> English (United States)

pp4life66

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
FOUND ISSUE AND FIX!!
I had this exact problem, Google now was no longer reading out search responses. I tried every fix I could find (changing languages, clearing cache, making sure speech output is on, media volume is on, etc...etc...) and nothing worked. FINALLY I found the problem. A few backs in efforts to fix an audio sync issue with youtube I had turned on (checked) Use NuPlayer (experimental) in Developer option>Media. I simply uncheck it and google now is responding in speech to all my searches as it did in the past. Very happy to hear her voice again (creepy). Anyways hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsmith786x