1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Default Instagram issue with Note 2? Or all android phones?

So far so good with this phone, except the mms photos being in slideshow, and not a img. But today I found another issue with Instagram. Being an artist I use that app on my iphone since it was released to show wip pieces, and things I've completed. I would say I use it pretty heavily. But I am running into a big issue with Instagram on the Note 2. It is crashing on me almost every time I snap a picture. The second I snap a pic, it does its loading screen, freezes, and then exits out of the app, and brings up the notification that it crashed and I can submit info. I have since deleted and reinstalled a few times, and keep getting the same result. Was wondering if anyone else using instagram is having this issue, or if it is a problem with the phone. Either way, between this and the sms issue, I may have to return the phone seeing as I use both those features on the ios all the time. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Default Instagram issue with Note 2? Or all android phones?

One thing you can do is snap the picture in the regular camera app and then use that image instead of taking it directly from the app, don't know if that'll help, but that's pretty much what I normally do anyway. I don't have my Note 2 yet (thanks Verizon), so I can't test if this works or not.

Also I'm interested to hear about the mms deal, I know when I had android previously (on a 4s currently) that I hated the slideshow junk, but I believe it did give the option to save a pic from it.

Curious as to if this is just default android or if you can change it via 3rd party app or whatever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Default Re: Instagram issue with Note 2? Or all android phones?

Install GoSMS or some other 3rd party SMS app. The stock messaging program is the reason there's a slideshow, and you can't turn it off.

And yes, Instagram crashes when I take pics from within the app. I always use pictures from the gallery, so I don't know if this is an Android or Note 2 specific issue.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I use instagram all the time, no issues

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Instagram has been crashing for me too whenever I take a photo within the app. Happens maybe 80% of the time and from the reviews in the store it appears to be a common issue with the Note 2 (although wierdly not everyone has the problem!)

As others have said I've started taking photos using the normal camera instead and loading into Instagram,

Wow, sounds identical to the problem I had with my last phone, but no problems on the Galaxy Note 2.

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts

Go to and download the APK and install that version. It works wonders than the one offered at the play store

Global Posts
    6,875 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

No issues with Instagram crashing on my SGS3 (so not really an all Android type of issue I don't think), with the current Play store version. I do about 50/50 taking pictures with the app itself and with the camera. I find that the focus seems to be better/quicker with the camera app versus Instagram.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Thanked by:

have same problem with SGS 3 so I'm not the only one!

I was having the same problem with my Note 2 until I disabled Instagram's Advanced Camera. All is well.

Wink Re: Instagram issue with Note 2? Or all android phones?

Have the same problem with Note N7000 (I.). If I disable Instagram's Advanced Camera it works. Thx Whisky Ridge

Iim using samsung s3 mini and ive already installea instagram .the problem
    Is wvrytime i take photos it always appears in black.help me

ROM
    Stock

What I do is just take photos, open (WAY better than the stock gallery app) , then link the pic to Instagram. No problems whatsoever.

Maybe this link can be help you guys