Extended life battery?

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I know the note has great battery life so it might not be necessary for most but does anybody know of any extended life batteries for note 2? Or does anybody know if a company is working on them or planning to release them?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Here's one I found (I didn't think they'd exist, but hey... I guess I was wrong). Extended Battery for Samsung GT-N7100, GT-N7105, Galaxy Note II LTE 32GB, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 2 (With White Cover)

Besides, why'd you need an extended battery?!! I've been TRYING to kill the battery on mine and it just won't die by the end of the day... on regular use (which in my case would be moderate to heavy) I unplug at 6.30AM and still manage to eat up only 50% of the battery by 10PM. On the days I really try to kill the battery (to no avail) I manage to get almost 9 hours or screen time... NINE HOURS!!! So unless you're planning on using this as an in-flight TV for an interncontinental trip you don't plan on sleeping in, then you wouldn't need one...

BUT, if you still want one, I'd just go with a spare, regular battery (3,100mAh is after all already a sort of extended battery already).

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
What kind of settings are you on? I don't get nearly as good battery. Power savings? Brightness? Screen mode? Etc...

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't have battery saving settings ON, I set the screen to Auto, and Screen Mode is set to Dynamic.

Now, for the tinkering part. I noticed that the following were 'draining' my battery faster than what I'd read, so I disabled the things I didn't need/want:
1) Google Maps + Latitude: This was the BIGGEST battery-chomper since day 1. For some reason, after initial set up, the app detects my account is also in Latitude and defaults to 'Always report location automatically'; this constantly polls your location and updates it to Latitude's service. I don't use Latitude any more, so that's gone. If you still want to keep Latitude, I'd recommend changing the polling setting to 'Set location Manually'.
2) Google Now. I know it's cool (and creepy) and it's a novelty. But in my country it's still not very useful except for Weather reports, so I turned off most of the automatic cards in Google Now. If kept on, this DOES poll your location constantly, so it's bound to keep your device awake several times during the day.
3)S-Cloud/Dropbox/Google Drive/whatevercloudserviceyousue. These are usually set up to sync and upload and download pictures, videos, documents and other stuff into their respective services. For most, the default is to do this only when on WiFi, but still, I have them all disabled and chose to do the sync manually (when I know I won't need the juice, I'm at home, etc.).
4)Samsung Sync. This is not taking that much battery, but I like disabling it anyway. I prefer the Google backup of my contacts and calendars, so having Samsung do a constant backup of these seems redundant (although, safer for most). So, I just turn sync OFF for this account.
5)Twitter/Facebook/Weather apps. Check that these apps use Push when (and if) available and if they don't, then choose a polling interval that suits your habits and battery expectations.
6)S-Pen feedback. Now, this might keep your device awake too since it communicates with the S-Pen constantly (especially the option to notify you when you walk away from the S-Pen). However, these seem quite useful, so you might want to keep them on.
7)IM Services. This is, in my experience, the most draining if not set up correctly. If you use any of these apps (IM+, Beejive, etc.) make sure they support Push notifications and that the option is ON (some apps, even though they support Push, default to periodic polling anyway).

Hope it helps :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez