smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Where is the Splanner app? I thought it was suppose to be installed on this phone. :mad:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ummm...it is.

I can only speak for the unlocked, international version though... But if yours doesn't have it it's either hidden (you can do that in TouchWiz and other launchers), 'frozen' (a post-ICS feature handy for all that pesky carrier bloatware, thank you Google), killed by your carrier, or you have a messed-up ROM installed.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow thanks. I have the USA Sprint version.

Sending from my White Sexy Galaxy Note 2.

Did you find the S-Planner? If you want a good calendar app, I recommend Google Calendar or Simple Calendar. Of course your device should have S-Planner as the default.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Did you find the S-Planner? If you want a good calendar app, I recommend Google Calendar or Simple Calendar. Of course your device should have S-Planner as the default.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

No, did not find the Splanner app. I called sprint and they said the app is built into Google Calendar that came on the phone. So I don't know.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
No, did not find the Splanner app. I called sprint and they said the app is built into Google Calendar that came on the phone. So I don't know.

I believe the Sprint rep is mistaken. S-Planner and Google Calendar are two separate apps. The S-Planner is part of Samsung's standard app offering along with S-Voice; S-Suggest; and S-Note. Below is the link to Google Calendar.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id.calendar&feature=nav_result&token=tHJl8RS9

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I doubt the S-Planner app is downloadable, but if it were, it'd be in Samsung Apps and not Google Play. In any case, it seems your rep MIGHT be correct. I did a little googling (gosh, that sounds dirty!) and found that indeed, all Sprint Note 2's DON'T have the S-Planner as such, but it seems that Sprint only changed the name of the app to "Calendar".
Sprint Community: Does anyone have S-Planner on Note 2?

If you download the Google Calendar app DAS gave you the link for, you might see the difference (or post a screenshot of your pre-installed calendar app to see if it is indeed S-Planner in disguise)

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I doubt the S-Planner app is downloadable, but if it were, it'd be in Samsung Apps and not Google Play. In any case, it seems your rep MIGHT be correct. I did a little googling (gosh, that sounds dirty!) and found that indeed, all Sprint Note 2's DON'T have the S-Planner as such, but it seems that Sprint only changed the name of the app to "Calendar".
Sprint Community: Does anyone have S-Planner on Note 2?

If you download the Google Calendar app DAS gave you the link for, you might see the difference (or post a screenshot of your pre-installed calendar app to see if it is indeed S-Planner in disguise)

Incredible! The calendar app is indeed S-Planner. I just realized that the actual app titled S-Planner is not showing in my app tray. Because I was familiar with the look and feel of the app from using the original Galaxy Note, and the GSIII, I didn't even recognize something had changed. But it appears only the name changed; I can't find anything which makes the "calendar" app different then S-Planner.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the calendar app is s planner. If you click on the view icon on the right, you get the choices for day, month, year, etc. At the very bottom is task, you can use that to create task lists. To me that's all I need.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress