Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Best" in-ear headphones with a mic?

Well, now that my Note 2 is destined for arrival at my local AT&T store within three days, I now get to be bummed about the lack of included headphones. It's definitely a bummer, but not something that would affect really anything of my purchase. At that, I am now trying to find a good pair of earbuds. I was thinking of getting the Ultimate Ears (UE) 350vm, but I am not completely sure. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

(P.S: Here is my criteria for earbuds)
    • <$100
    • Good/decent sound quality
    • Good build quality
    • In-line microphone
    (signature redacted because it was KitKat, not Key Lime Pie)

Default Re: "Best" in-ear headphones with a mic?

Quote Originally Posted by netstars22 View Post
    Well, now that my Note 2 is destined for arrival at my local AT&T store within three days, I now get to be bummed about the lack of included headphones. It's definitely a bummer, but not something that would affect really anything of my purchase. At that, I am now trying to find a good pair of earbuds. I was thinking of getting the Ultimate Ears (UE) 350vm, but I am not completely sure. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

• <$100
    • Good build quality
    • In-line microphone
    I don't know if you can get them separately from the phone but for free ear buds, the ones that come with the GS3 are pretty good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I have the Klipsch ear buds and the sound is excellent and they have a nice carrying case...however, the wires tangle so easily (might be with ALL earphones) and their App for the in-line switch does not work that well. They are $99.
    Cory
    Thanked by:

If you would consider stereo Bluetooth, i recommend plantronics 903+

The Nottinator
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    I have the Klipsch ear buds and the sound is excellent and they have a nice carrying case...however, the wires tangle so easily (might be with ALL earphones) and their App for the in-line switch does not work that well. They are $99.
    I was considering those, but only if I really needed to. I (to be really honest) have not dropped much money for headphones in the past. Will keep looking at the Klipsch, though!
    (signature redacted because it was KitKat, not Key Lime Pie)

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    If you would consider stereo Bluetooth, i recommend plantronics 903+

The Nottinator
    I paid 46 bucks on Amazon for these, 7 hour use time. I've had the old 903's for around two years and swear by them. The 903+ is an improvement over those.

The Nottinator

Check this out on AMZN: BlueAnt T2-BK-USEN-US Endure Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black http://amzn.com/B007YYUUA0

KLIPSCH - Image S4A Earbud Headphones HANDS DOWN! They sound better then those OVER PRICED Bose headphones, They have a App for your phone that controls the volume, the functions of your phone. It has the volume control, you can answer and end calls, skip your music and you can even use the voice control on your phone. I bought these tonight at Best Buy far BEST the headphones I have ever owned.

• <$100
    • Good build quality
    • In-line microphone
    I like the iPhone 5 earphones. earbuds that are intelligently designed (transducer funnel actually points "into" the ear in the right direction, not up against it) and very good sonic range for earbuds. apple quality, it'll take a beating in your pockets, etc. no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rankar7 View Post
    I like the iPhone 5 earphones. earbuds that are intelligently designed (transducer funnel actually points "into" the ear in the right direction, not up against it) and very good sonic range for earbuds. apple quality, it'll take a beating in your pockets, etc. no problem.
    I would agree to this, especially if you don't want noise cancelling. You can find a ton of quality noise cancelling ear buds for $100 and less, but finding ear buds without noise cancelling its near impossible now a days. The Apple ear buds that come with the iPhone 5 are great, just a shame they don't work with the volume control. Note Apple also sells noise cancelling buds.

I know you said under $100 but consider these.

http://www.amazon.com/Bose-326223-00...idcentral00-20

$130 but I have a pair of these minus the mic and they sound amazing. Not noise cancelling by any means and the gel tips fit right into your ears. I've used them for around 2 years without any discomfort or complaints.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by Msvoluptous View Post
    KLIPSCH - Image S4A Earbud Headphones HANDS DOWN! They sound better then those OVER PRICED Bose headphones, They have a App for your phone that controls the volume, the functions of your phone. It has the volume control, you can answer and end calls, skip your music and you can even use the voice control on your phone. I bought these tonight at Best Buy far BEST the headphones I have ever owned.
    Possibly, I am not able to comment on your experience with those as I haven't used them but the Bose are far from over priced. I can say I've never worn in ear headphones that were this comfortable or sounded this good ever in my life until my Bose IE2.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

ROM
    Stock

If you meant earbuds then I suggest you getting Tenqa Bullseyes Aluminum Earbuds with Mic and Remote. Possibly the BEST $20 spent for my Note 2.

• <$100
    • Good build quality
    • In-line microphone
    How come not included? Is this just a AT&T thing? My sprint note 2 came with a very nice set. I'm just wondering if any other carriers include it.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.

My Verizon N2 didn't come with earbuds. which I think ducks considering how expensive the phone is. Luckily I still had mines from my GS3

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Idelgado782 View Post
    My Verizon N2 didn't come with earbuds. which I think ducks considering how expensive the phone is. Luckily I still had mines from my GS3

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Same here, that's why I bought the Tenqa earphones. See my post #13.

There was another thread a while back about carriers not including earbuds. ATT, VZ and one other big one, IIRC, leave them out. They also don't have that deal with Dropbox for the free 50GB for 2 years.

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Msvoluptous View Post
    I have the S4's... got them 50% off on Amazon for $42 great sound quality

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Razr ics rooted

LG Tone HBS-700 wireless stereo headset. About $60 from Amazon. Thousands rate it 4.5 or above out of 5.

Riding a Note 2 blast
    Last edited by universeand; 03-10-2013 at 06:17 PM.
    Ridin' a Note 2 blast