Bluetooth Headset and Note 2

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have had my Plantronics Bluetooth for 6 years now and it's time to get a new one with my Note 2. What are the best Bluetooth headsets available right now and what does everyone feel is the best Samsung Galaxy Note 2/Bluetooth combo? The technology has changed so much since I last purchased a bluetooth headset so I need to catch up. I am interested in the in-ear only style, not the over the head style. Hopefully there's something out there that tells you who is calling and allows you to dial numbers through voice so you can have a true hands-free experience but I may be asking for too much. Let me know your thoughts please. Off to research I go!

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been doing some research on the proper Bluetooth headset for me and I believe I've got it down to a few models and I would love to hear your opinions on them.

First choice is the Plantronics Voyager Legend. It has a plethora of voice features and multiple microphones for noise cancellation but its around $100.

My second choice is the Motorola Sliver which is very sleek but lacks a dew features of the Voyager Legend. It is very discreet though which I think is great but I don't know if that will interfere with it's ability to pick up my voice properly. this one is priced around $65.

Lastly I have been looking at the Motorola Oasis simply because I like the design. Its pretty basic overall and is priced around $40.

Does anyone have either of these models and if so, what do you think of them?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
For BT headsets, I hear great things with Jawbone's and Plantronics Voyager's line of headsets. In a lot of the reviews I've read, I always see those two pop up as being one of the best.

When I get my note 2 from verizon, I'm personally going for one of Jawbone's headset.

msk1

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I am also looking for something described in the OP? ie A bluetooth headset with caller display and recent call redial.

Is this out there?

If there was it would be in high demand - especially those with larger phones.

You could check who's calling and answer without even having to take your phone out.

If you could do recent number re-dialing than you would only need to take your phone out when making calls to non-regulars (which would be infrequent).

Ds Note 2 Sprint

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
*I have been using the jabra extreme;

Jabra Extreme Bluetooth Handsfree Wireless Headset.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003BEGFQU...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2360958

***I have also used the Motorola Command One until I lost it;

Motorola CommandOne Bluetooth Headset - Bulk Packaging
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004M5IUHY...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2360958

***I have the lg hbm-260 as a backup;

LG Electronics HBM-260 Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0046VSCJU...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2360958

Just the few I've had dealings with.

As for the Motorola Elite Silver I was told it was a great bluetooth haven't used it myself nor the Motorola Oasis however was told by a Verizon sales associate the elite is the better of those two. Both are on Amazon.com v as well

Motorola Oasis Bluetooth Headset - Motorola Retail Packaging
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041D81WQ...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2360958

Motorola ELITE SLIVER Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005PVXKC4...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2360958

Hope this helps...

Ds Note 2 * Sprint user on jellybean version 4.1.1 *

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The BlueAnt was visible to my old Droid Charge; it isn't to the GN2. (Actually it isn't visible to anything any longer since it took a ride through the washing machine last night.)

BTW, the GN2 works much better with my auto Bluetooth (Kia Sorento with nav) than the Charge did. I could never get all the contacts to download from the Charge, and they do so with no drops from the GN2. I find Bluetooth pairing and connecting to be a frustrating and inconsistent experience in general.

jrog28

May 28, 2010
Visit site
There is only one option for bluetooth headset right now! Jaybird bluebud x! They sound amazing for music and good for calls as well. They fit great and can be worn 2 different ways. I highly recommend trying them out.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
There is only one option for bluetooth headset right now! Jaybird bluebud x! They sound amazing for music and good for calls as well.
I should flipping well hope so for 170 bucks.

Thanks, but there are other options that won't require such confiscatory outlay of coin.

jrog28

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I should flipping well hope so for 170 bucks.

Thanks, but there are other options that won't require such confiscatory outlay of coin.

All the other headsets mentioned are around 100 bucks, so your saying the little bit extra wouldn't be worth it? You get what you pay for my friend.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
All the other headsets mentioned are around 100 bucks, so your saying the little bit extra wouldn't be worth it? You get what you pay for my friend.
Seventy bucks is not what I call a "little bit." I don't plan to spend $100 either. There are plenty of good headsets around for $70 or less; the question is how well they will work with this phone.

bimmernet

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I prefer an in the ear type worn with an over the ear loop to support the headset. I've connected Blue Ant T-1 V 1.5 ($40 on eBay) worked very well until the rubber grommet that holds the over ear loop was cut by a non BA ear loop (my bad using the non BA equipment). Blue Ant offers Android software down load that transfers your address book to ear piece for voice dialing among other features depending on handset. Software works on about 4 different Blue Ant ear pieces.

.Also tried Samsung HM3700. Construction is cheezy and many functions that are said to work on Note 2 don't work as advertised by Amazon retailers.and I don't recommend. It's cheap and you get just what you pay for one...about $40. I'm looking at the Blue Ant Q2 (about $50 on Amazon) since I was impressed by functions, options for wearing, the Andrioid software download and the ear loop is flexible and available aftermarket leather covered for comfort...big plus for me.

From past experience the Plantronics Voyager series has been consistently good but it's a bit large for me.

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Id like to try the LG Tone 730 bluetooth..... thats looks so practical.. im thinking of picking up...... i wear collared shirts and could probably sit unnoticeable and yet be very functional.

I used to have a Jawbone but i hated having the thing in your ear all the time.......

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Id like to try the LG Tone 730 bluetooth..... thats looks so practical.. im thinking of picking up...... i wear collared shirts and could probably sit unnoticeable and yet be very functional.

I used to have a Jawbone but i hated having the thing in your ear all the time.......

Just to update... i purchased this bluetooth..... id give it a 4.5 out of 5.

Pros - Amazing battery life... very comfortable... very practical..... i can swing a golf club and listen to music, while my phone is tucked away in my golf bag.... excellent sound quality... decent range.... i like how it vibrates to tell me i have a call.....or when ive moved out of range from the phone....

Cons- my only con is that every once in while... the bluetooth connection will cut.... seems to happen whenever im on the phone and a second call comes in..... it could be the phone os doing something to the connection.... doesnt happen often.... but has a few times... but this is the only con for me....

. this is a solid design.... i hope they continue to make this type of bluetooth.... and keep improving on it...... i used to use only Jawbones... but hated having the thing in my ear all the time.. battery life sucked....... this LG solved it for me.... perfect bluetooth...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac