Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Phone not sleeping / poor battery life

    My FIRST Note 2 had EXCEPTIONAL battery life. However after a failed installation of My Story from the Samsung store, it never ran the same so I exchanged it. Now my second Note 2 runs amazing again, however it isnt entering sleep mode, and the battery life when sleeping is definitely **** poor, easily trickling off 2% or more an hour. My first one would get 3 hours on 1%. Any reasons or troubleshooting to fix why it isnt sleeping? Because of this WiFi is staying on 24/7 and Im sure it isnt adjusting the CPU clock accordingly. Any help would be great. Thanks.


    BillJr106@hotmail.com
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Phone not sleeping / poor battery life

    I had a similar issue when I got mine (international version), and there were two culprits keeping the phone awake at all times: Google Now (constantly polling your location for those novelty cards) and Maps (for some reason, after you log in, Latitude defaults to constantly updating your location automatically). If you say your WiFi is staying on 24/7 I'd check the WiFi sleep policy on your phone. If nothing helps, then you can find a few apps in the Play Store (no root needed) that can monitor all activity in your phone and try to pin-point exactly which process is keeping the phone awake when it should be asleep. That being said, 2% an hour still seems to be great battery ratings, though...
  3. #3  
    typhonx's Avatar

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

    Default Re: Phone not sleeping / poor battery life

    How do i get Google now to stop polling my location and giving me time to get to my house.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Just for s and giggles I manually disabled Wi-Fi before bed, and Wi-Fi stayed off and the phone slept. So my problem is even though i have it set to never keep Wi-Fi on, Wi-Fi isn't shutting off and its keeping my phone awake. Anyone know a fix or do i have a broken phone?






    Quote Originally Posted by Spook81 View Post
    I had a similar issue when I got mine (international version), and there were two culprits keeping the phone awake at all times: Google Now (constantly polling your location for those novelty cards) and Maps (for some reason, after you log in, Latitude defaults to constantly updating your location automatically). If you say your WiFi is staying on 24/7 I'd check the WiFi sleep policy on your phone. If nothing helps, then you can find a few apps in the Play Store (no root needed) that can monitor all activity in your phone and try to pin-point exactly which process is keeping the phone awake when it should be asleep. That being said, 2% an hour still seems to be great battery ratings, though...
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Phone not sleeping / poor battery life

    That's odd... Even if WiFi is on it SHOULDN'T keep the phone awake unless something is transmitting... maybe it's the S-Cloud/Dropbox/whatevercloudservice sync? I know most of these are set up to only sync while on WiFi...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by halfcraft View Post
    How do i get Google now to stop polling my location and giving me time to get to my house.
    It's somewhere in the settings for Google Now... It gives you the option to turn individual card types on and off...
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Phone not sleeping / poor battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by BillJr106 View Post
    Just for s and giggles I manually disabled Wi-Fi before bed, and Wi-Fi stayed off and the phone slept. So my problem is even though i have it set to never keep Wi-Fi on, Wi-Fi isn't shutting off and its keeping my phone awake. Anyone know a fix or do i have a broken phone?
    Do you have the mobile optimizer on?

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
  7. #7  
    ptm88's Avatar

    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

    Default Re: Phone not sleeping / poor battery life

    From the Settings page of your Note 2 you need to head to Wi-Fi and select Advanced. You should then see some text that reads Connect to Wi-Fi while asleep tap that and to change that to Never. That should do it! Good Luck
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Phone not sleeping / poor battery life

    maybe some app is using partial wakelock and synchronizing data whenever your wi-fi is on?
    Check "Wakelock detector" app, it shows which app is using partial wakelock to keep your phone awake
  9. #9  
    Droid_Evo_8's Avatar

    Posts
    788 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Phone not sleeping / poor battery life

    Or you can download Deep Sleep Battery Pro. I have EVERYTHING on (except bluetooth) and I STILL get my phone to sleep.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Phone not sleeping / poor battery life

    Do you guys realize this is a 4 month old post? I think its fixed by now.

    Handwritten on my Galaxy Note 2 - Notezilla!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Phone not sleeping / poor battery life

    Dude if u have installed antivirus deactivate and uninstall it and just check antivirus is keeping cpu alive but it never show up in batter information hope it helps u

    Make use u uninstall app from Settings->application manager->select antivirus->clear cache -> clear data -> force stop->then uninstall...

    Wifi, googlenow, gps any of this is not keeping cpu alive in galaxy note 2

Similar Threads

  1. Really Poor Battery Life?
    By sixstorm in forum Motorola Devour
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 10:30 AM
  2. Phone not sleeping?
    By xdrive in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 04:24 PM
  3. Phone not sleeping?
    By xdrive in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 05:29 PM
  4. Phone not sleeping
    By melnick7 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 02:32 PM
  5. If you have poor battery life try this!
    By Gekko in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 03:58 PM

Posting Permissions