Unable to delete home screen?

Mrosales1122

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't like to have multiple screens to choose from, I prefer just folders and the app menu. However I notice I cannot edit and delete home screens like I usually do. From the main home screen when I select menu button, edit page, then I try to select a screen to put in delete bin it locks up. Anyone else?

beast Galaxy Note 2

mikehoff99

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I am able to without any issues. I have the Sprint version. all i do is either pinch the screen when on home screen, or press the home button 2 times. from there it will shrink and show all home screens. from there you can long press and slide up to the X or just rearrange the screens available.

xartic1

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the n7100 but I had turned the animations completely off before I wanted to remove the home screens. I found out that turning the animations back on fixed my the problem of touchwiz force closing each time.

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the n7100 but I had turned the animations completely off before I wanted to remove the home screens. I found out that turning the animations back on fixed my the problem of touchwiz force closing each time.

Thank you very much. I have been wanting to delete a empty page i had forever now and just did what you said. Went and turned on developer mode with the default settings as i had it turned off since someone in another thread suggested it boost performance. But i turned it on and it works now! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much. I have been wanting to delete a empty page i had forever now and just did what you said. Went and turned on developer mode with the default settings as i had it turned off since someone in another thread suggested it boost performance. But i turned it on and it works now! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I've always kept dev mode on in every android phone I've had, never seen a lack of performance... (mainly for usb debug...)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
did you guys get it working? What did you change?

If you want to delete one of the 7 possible home screens, just pinch the screen and the phone will zoom out to show all your screens at once. Then just drag whichever screen you want to the onscreen trashcan. On this screen you can also choose what screen is the main homescreen for when you push the home button.

I dont know what the point of developer mode is but it is not needed to delete screens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Apparently, it was hanging up for these guys when they had animations off...?

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
If you want to delete one of the 7 possible home screens, just pinch the screen and the phone will zoom out to show all your screens at once. Then just drag whichever screen you want to the onscreen trashcan. On this screen you can also choose what screen is the main homescreen for when you push the home button.

Or you can do a Menu-Edit Page to get to the same place on the Verizon GN2.

On a Note 2 blast.

lousjamsession

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
yup this worked perfectly! Good Job.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know what the point of developer mode is but it is not needed to delete screens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

yup this worked perfectly! Good Job.

JJNeilson1234

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
This is driving me nuts. I've read all the responses that tell me to pinch and then drag to the trash can BUT I don't see a trash can when I pinch. I do see all 7 of my screens but I can't do anything with them apart from clicking on to go to. Anyone help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol