Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xartic1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unable to delete home screen?

I don't like to have multiple screens to choose from, I prefer just folders and the app menu. However I notice I cannot edit and delete home screens like I usually do. From the main home screen when I select menu button, edit page, then I try to select a screen to put in delete bin it locks up. Anyone else?

beast Galaxy Note 2

Default Re: Unable to delete home screen?

Yes! Me too! It locks up every time. I have tried a hard and soft reset and it's still there. We can't be the only ones!!!! Help!!!!

I am able to without any issues. I have the Sprint version. all i do is either pinch the screen when on home screen, or press the home button 2 times. from there it will shrink and show all home screens. from there you can long press and slide up to the X or just rearrange the screens available.

I have the n7100 but I had turned the animations completely off before I wanted to remove the home screens. I found out that turning the animations back on fixed my the problem of touchwiz force closing each time.
    Thanked by:
    acordo01 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xartic1 View Post
    I have the n7100 but I had turned the animations completely off before I wanted to remove the home screens. I found out that turning the animations back on fixed my the problem of touchwiz force closing each time.
    Thank you very much. I have been wanting to delete a empty page i had forever now and just did what you said. Went and turned on developer mode with the default settings as i had it turned off since someone in another thread suggested it boost performance. But i turned it on and it works now! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Worked perfect
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by acordo01 View Post
    Thank you very much. I have been wanting to delete a empty page i had forever now and just did what you said. Went and turned on developer mode with the default settings as i had it turned off since someone in another thread suggested it boost performance. But i turned it on and it works now! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    I've always kept dev mode on in every android phone I've had, never seen a lack of performance... (mainly for usb debug...)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

did you guys get it working? What did you change?

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by rankar7 View Post
    did you guys get it working? What did you change?
    If you want to delete one of the 7 possible home screens, just pinch the screen and the phone will zoom out to show all your screens at once. Then just drag whichever screen you want to the onscreen trashcan. On this screen you can also choose what screen is the main homescreen for when you push the home button.

I dont know what the point of developer mode is but it is not needed to delete screens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Apparently, it was hanging up for these guys when they had animations off...?

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    If you want to delete one of the 7 possible home screens, just pinch the screen and the phone will zoom out to show all your screens at once. Then just drag whichever screen you want to the onscreen trashcan. On this screen you can also choose what screen is the main homescreen for when you push the home button.
    Or you can do a Menu-Edit Page to get to the same place on the Verizon GN2.

On a Note 2 blast.
    Ridin' a Note 2 blast

yup this worked perfectly! Good Job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post

I dont know what the point of developer mode is but it is not needed to delete screens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    yup this worked perfectly! Good Job.

This is driving me nuts. I've read all the responses that tell me to pinch and then drag to the trash can BUT I don't see a trash can when I pinch. I do see all 7 of my screens but I can't do anything with them apart from clicking on to go to. Anyone help?