Double contacts/contact questions

nic nap

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved to Note 2 from iphones since the 3g. All of my contacts are duplicated. Ive tried the contact remover, but it just freezes the phone. All my contacts are (as of now) on windows contacts. How do I delete the doubles? How do I/what do I sync my contacts w now to keep them up to date?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

TedHackler

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When I moved over from my iphone I also had double contacts. I was able to delete one of them without any problem. I had to do that for all 30 or 40 contacts I had. Not sure where the phone is going to get the contacts. I used both Hotmail and Gmail. I did have the store more my contacts over when both my phones were there. Not sure if doing that caused the duplicate names or not.

nic nap

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have way more than 40 I have to do. Thanks for the response. Can anyone help??

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you need to join the contacts. You may have had contacts info saved separately on your iPhone, or maybe that's the way it saves on iOS. You'll need to go to a contact and edit/join.

nic nap

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Could you answer this..... I can choose to sync with my gmail/google account. I only have 5 names in my google/gmail contacts. How can I sync all the ones on my phone to that account and then just delete the doubles on the pc? Is this possible? Thanks for your time

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Sure:
- Export you contact list.
- Delete your contacts.
- Import you contact list you just exported making sure to make them google contacts.

nic nap

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just tried to export to gmail. The only options I had was to import to/from usb. Could u tell me how to export frim phone (no sd card yet) to gmail? Please

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't have this phone yet (damn VZW), but you should have a SD Card partition on your phone memory. Just export to there. Doesn't really matter where you export to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon