Home launchers for note 2

sir6string93

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
What home launchers are you all using? I thoroughly love the stock home launcher but I would love a better style with more in depth customization. I would like one that is Spen friendly to get more use out of the pen and get some envious glimpses.

Sent from my sweet SPH-L900 Sprint using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I use Nova.... has been awesome for me and have no issues....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

sir6string93

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Nova or apex is what I am hearing. I used to use go launcher for years on my old phone before I got this phone, but it lags a little.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a question, does either the Nova or Apex launcher slow down or give any indication of hesitation?
I'm trying not to load too much stuff on my phone and wonder if there were any down sides to this.

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a question, does either the Nova or Apex launcher slow down or give any indication of hesitation?
I'm trying not to load too much stuff on my phone and wonder if there were any down sides to this.

Nova makes it a bit snappier. Also, the customization is incredible.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T)

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Used to use Apex cause I love the gestures for the recent apps, was tired of holdin the home button to get to recent apps. Than I switched to Go Launcher EX..............juss because I always wanted different wallpapers for each home screen. And now Im able to have 9 different wallpapers for 9 homescreens.

Mweuch

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Used to use Apex cause I love the gestures for the recent apps, was tired of holdin the home button to get to recent apps. Than I switched to Go Launcher EX..............juss because I always wanted different wallpapers for each home screen. And now Im able to have 9 different wallpapers for 9 homescreens.
How do you do that? I am using Go launcher EX and didn't even know you can have different wallpapers for each home screens. Thanks

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
How do you do that? I am using Go launcher EX and didn't even know you can have different wallpapers for each home screens. Thanks

Before u get started, u need to go into the settings for Go Launcher. Under Visual Settings, u should see Wallpaper Mode............enable that. Than u need to download multipicture live wallpaper from PlayStore. Once u install that, just long press on any home screen and a menu should pop up. Click on wallpaper, than scroll across to live wallpaper and click on it. Than click on MultiPicture Live Wallpaper and than click on Settings. Click the green +(add) icon so u can add up to 9 home screens.

Once u added all your home screens. Click on Screen 1 settings and than click on Picture source and click on Single Picture. Choose the picture that u want for your wallpaper. There are other settings such as Background Color, Crop/Resize, Decrease Saturation.......play around with any settings to your liking. Than click on back button to go back to the Screen Settings and repeat for Screens 2 through 9. Once u done with Screen 9 click on the back button until u see the page that displays your picture than click on Set Wallpaper. Click back button one more time to get to home screen. If you did it correctly, u should have different wallpapers on each home screen. Let me know if you got it to work alright.

Mweuch

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks you very much I went into settings n still can't figure it out till you mentioned I needed to download multi picture live mode. Thanks mate for the very informative instructions! Peace

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Another Nova user here. Like it so much I paid for the Prime version. I used to use Apex, but it started locking up my previous device, Galaxy SII. Switched to Nova and haven't looked back.

One of the things I HATE about Touchwiz is that I can't get the home screen identifier dots to go away. They take up what could/would be an entire row, and it is beyond comprehension to me that Samsung wouldn't have given us a way to get rid of them.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Another Nova user here. Like it so much I paid for the Prime version. I used to use Apex, but it started locking up my previous device, Galaxy SII. Switched to Nova and haven't looked back.

One of the things I HATE about Touchwiz is that I can't get the home screen identifier dots to go away. They take up what could/would be an entire row, and it is beyond comprehension to me that Samsung wouldn't have given us a way to get rid of them.

I prefer golauncher cuz I think There's more themes. Some people say it's bigger, but I have the 32 gb S3 so it's not an issue. I like that I can use different icons from different themes n don't have to commit to one theme for my icons, I can mix n match if I want. It's also customizable AF, from fonts to font color to app drawer background. I don't even have to use the wallpaper that came with whatever theme I'm using for icons, I can use my own. Same with gosms and GOKeyboard.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

raggededge

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Clear the defaults for your current launcher, then when you press the home button it will ask you which launcher to use.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2