Note 2 or HTC DNA

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to get the Note 2 but the htc dna makes me jealous because of the screen. For those who already have a bote 2 how is the screen on it? I have a nitro hd and love the screen personally think its better than the skyrocket screen.

I've seen the note screen its its good. Is the note 2 by far better than the original note screen?

Sent from my LG-P930

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The DNA screen looks amazing. I'd love to have it. But not at the expense of everything else.

No microSD and only 16gb internal (11 gb usable storage)
Sealed 2050 mAh battery (will probably last 7-8 hours at best considering quad core and 1080p screen)
No stylus
Smaller screen (the 5" DNA is just a little larger than the 4.8" S3. The 5.5" Note 2 is still significantly larger).

The bottom line -- I'm not buying a 11gb phone with sealed 2050 mAh on a two year contract. That's never going to happen. If it was a 32gb model, or if the battery was larger I would still not consider it, but I wouldn't think it was a bad idea. I think the DNA as it is right now is a bad idea. You're completely selling out for a phone with a screen that won't seem as special in a year.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There is absolutely no need for 1080p resolution on a screen that small. A few years ago when I was shopping for a bedroom TV I learned that the size of the screen dictates whether you can discern the difference between 720p and 1080p. At a TV screen size of anything smaller than 42" anything over 720p is a waste of money. I believe this is the same for 5" screens. And a pixel density of 441? I remember reading the human eye maxes out around 330 or so...

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
For me personally the Note 2 is my device of choice. I need and use the S-pen on a daily basis, so in my world a device that doesn't at least have a pen cannot be considered as my daily driver. I use the pen so much I even purchased the Note 10.1 for taking and organizing my handwritten notes in meetings and conferences. IMO, once a person grasps' the benefits and usefulness of the s-pen, it's hard to use another device that doesn't have one.

In addition, the battery (3100 mAh) life on the Note 2 is amazing. Although I have no scientific method of proving it so, it seems to me that a 2020 mAh battery will keep the user tied to a charger all day, and with no option to carry a spare battery when away from the charger, the Droid DNA using Verizon's LTE network will likely frustrate many people.

Podgorica

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
There is absolutely no need for 1080p resolution on a screen that small. A few years ago when I was shopping for a bedroom TV I learned that the size of the screen dictates whether you can discern the difference between 720p and 1080p. At a TV screen size of anything smaller than 42" anything over 720p is a waste of money. I believe this is the same for 5" screens. And a pixel density of 441? I remember reading the human eye maxes out around 330 or so...

I agree, the resolution on a 5 inch screen is not going to make a difference between 720p and 1080p. Even on the 40 inch tv you will not be able to tell the difference as stated above. I would also be worried that this device is being made by htc and for verizon exclusively.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
DAS,
I am currently dumping a OneX with severe WiFi issues AND barely any WiFi range, for a GN2.
How is the WiFi radio and range on the GN2? I have a Linksys Gamer Extreme N router, never had this kind of nightmare before. Also how is the display? HTC acknowledged the issues I have as current WiFi and network handoff issues, and it locks up my browser as well!
Thank you in advance.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I think a lot of people are looking at the 5" DNA and thinking, "Phablet" and then comparing it to the Note. But the DNA is just .2" larger than the GS3 and doesn't have a stylus. The DNA is really a large phone like the GS3 and not a phablet -- it's not the same kind of device the Note 2 is, and that .5" difference in screen size is huge.