Quick Look: Spigen Ultra Crystal Screen Shield & White Samsung Flip Cover

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
You think the Zagg HD is aweful? Yes you put it on wet and if you know how to put it on correctly, you cant even tell that its on once it dries up cause of the HD clarity. What cloudiness are you referring to btw?

I'm not a fan of Zagg. I don't care for the orange peel effect it leaves. The texture just isn't the same as glass.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a fan of Zagg. I don't care for the orange peel effect it leaves. The texture just isn't the same as glass.

Again, what orange peel effect would you be referring to in regards to the HD version of the shield? This HD version is smooth, no sticky feeling. the original, yes but the HD version,no. Smooth like glass. Have a feel for it next time you're out.

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Again, what orange peel effect would you be referring to in regards to the HD version of the shield? This HD version is smooth, no sticky feeling. the original, yes but the HD version,no. Smooth like glass. Have a feel for it next time you're out.

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

I've not tried every Zagg product but I'll keep my eyes out for the HD version.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I got mine and installed it today. So far so good. I can't even tell it's on then phone unless I really look.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I've not tried every Zagg product but I'll keep my eyes out for the HD version.

I bought the zagg hd shield from best buy and they installed it. Looked good going on but after couple days I did not like it. You could tell there was one on it plus the stylus left markings on it. Went back and got a new one but left it in package to resell. Ordered a cheaper one on amazon. We'll see how that goes. So far I will not waste my money on zagg anymore.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Because of this post I bought the Samsung Flip Cover too. Looks great. :)

I used to have a screen protector but I got irked by the scratches on the protector so I removed it. Figured since I never put the phone in my pocket anyway (it doesn't fit) and it's covered by the flip case in my bag pocket i'd be fine.

Btw the Note 2 manual says don't put a screen protector. Haha idk why they'd say that but maybe some interfered with the s pen?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

smair82

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a flip case for my original Galaxy Note (didn't last long), so I have held off buying one for the Note 2. Can you share if it's been your experience whether the edges begin to fray easily after use? This was the challenge I had with the flip case for the original Note. I like the functionality and look of the case, but concerned a little about the durability.

I have had a flip case on the note 2 since release and its still good as new, the edges are more tapered compaired to the original so I suspect it will last a lot longer, the original note flip case was showing wear and tear way before this so am a lot more hopefull. I have the grey flip case on the white note and it looks really good

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I am torn between the Ultra Oleopobic and the Ultra Crystal. Can you tell there is something on there with the Oleopobic?

I would get oleopobic. Greasy screens are the worst and the Crystal one isn't that much clearer.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I picked up the Seidio Active Case Combo. Do you think i will need to get a screen protector as well?

I think you will as the active does not come with any protection for the screen. Although I love seeing the screen without a screen protector even with gorilla glass sooner or later you'll get a small scratch. Thats why I am going with the spigen since it is pretty clear as far as reviews go. Good thing about the active is that it covers the screen on the far edges and keeps it from hitting things if you put it face down.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Because of this post I bought the Samsung Flip Cover too. Looks great. :)

I used to have a screen protector but I got irked by the scratches on the protector so I removed it. Figured since I never put the phone in my pocket anyway (it doesn't fit) and it's covered by the flip case in my bag pocket i'd be fine.

Btw the Note 2 manual says don't put a screen protector. Haha idk why they'd say that but maybe some interfered with the s pen?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

I can vouch for the spen being weird when a screen protector is on. I tried the zagg hd shield and the spen left marks on the protector that were permanent. Took it back and got money back. I'm hoping that the spigen dry install oleophobic isn't as bad. If anyone has any first hand expirience on the spigen oleophobic and the spen let us know.

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Other than looks I never understood the flipcover. I know it would get annoying as hell whenever using it for gaming or taking calls, or even texting. Having that thing flapping around on the back and needing to use fingers to hold it in place while using the phone does not appeal to me at all. Plus it doesn't even protect the device. It's purely aesthetics and more like something Apple would release; looks over functionality.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary