Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How to backup and restore files and apps accross multiple Android devices?

    I am using my galaxy s3 right now, and thinking of selling it on craigslist for the note 2 later. How do I backup all of my files (documents, photos, contacts, etc) and then restore it on the new device?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: How to backup and restore files and apps accross multiple Android devices?

    Quote Originally Posted by raptorstv View Post
    I am using my galaxy s3 right now, and thinking of selling it on craigslist for the note 2 later. How do I backup all of my files (documents, photos, contacts, etc) and then restore it on the new device?
    I backed up to the sd card in my HTC Inspire, physically moved the sd card into my Note II, and imported contacts etcetera. So quick 'n' easy, it made me laugh!
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hummingbirdhill View Post
    I backed up to the sd card in my HTC Inspire, physically moved the sd card into my Note II, and imported contacts etcetera. So quick 'n' easy, it made me laugh!
    Is there any way to backup contacts to the cloud?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: How to backup and restore files and apps accross multiple Android devices?

    Quote Originally Posted by raptorstv View Post
    Is there any way to backup contacts to the cloud?
    Yes, you can back up to google. I won't give you specifics because I don't use cloud backups of any kind. I'm sure SOMEone in here will provide you with instructions because google backups are easy and very common!
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: How to backup and restore files and apps accross multiple Android devices?

    Quote Originally Posted by hummingbirdhill View Post
    I backed up to the sd card in my HTC Inspire, physically moved the sd card into my Note II, and imported contacts etcetera. So quick 'n' easy, it made me laugh!
    How do you backup to sd card? I have a Galaxy S3 as well, with the SD card. Only option in settings has Google backup.


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  

    Default Re: How to backup and restore files and apps accross multiple Android devices?

    Quote Originally Posted by LazrRocketArm View Post
    How do you backup to sd card? I have a Galaxy S3 as well, with the SD card. Only option in settings has Google backup. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Contacts--->>>MENU: Import/Export--->Export to SD card

    My photos, vids, & docs automatically go on my sd card.

    I don't use music and movies on my phones so someone who does can instruct you in those.
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. [Guide] How to Backup and Restore Apps and Data when installing new ROMs
    By paintdrinkingpete in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 06:36 PM
  2. Paid apps on multiple android devices.
    By Crimson in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 08:31 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-24-2012, 01:20 AM
  4. How to backup both internal memory and SD card
    By glanceup in forum Barnes & Noble Nook Color
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2011, 08:20 PM

Posting Permissions

B