1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Some contacts showing duplicate of the exact same number in dial pad?

First of all, i love this phone. One thing that is driving me crazy and im very ocd about it is whenever i press the phone button and get ready to lookup someone in my contacts, i type their name in. And once I type their name in, i notice that there is a # right next to their name. When i click on that number it shows the exact same number for that one particular person. BUT i just so happened to enter a different contact and only for this particular person only shows 1 available number (which is what i want to show for the rest of my contacts) the rest of my contacts shows duplicates of the same number.

I even customized my contacts to display only my gmail contacts and hid the "phone" contacts. What gives? I cant seem to have it display only one phone number instead of duplicating it. Im very OCD about it and wanna get this figured out. Any suggestions on how i can correct this? For each person, there is a "phone", "gmail" and "facebook" connection. I customized my contacts to only show my "gmail" and hid the rest, yet it shows duplicates for that contact whenever i enter their name in the dialpad.

Hope this makes sense
    thanks

Default Re: Some contacts showing duplicate of the exact same number in dial pad?

Go to Settings>Customised List>Your google account>select the folder which you want to show in your contacts.
    You will notice that you must be having multiple checks here and this is creating duplicate contacts. If you imported your contacts from google, I would suggest you check your imported contacts folder only. Hope this will solve the issue.