Mobile data option in the notification menu

ianmac23

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I was helping my mom with her GS3 and I noticed there was a mobile data option in the notification drop down. Is there anyway to get that on the note2?

Thanks for the help

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Can you screen shot what it looks like? I can't picture what you mean by data option in the notification tray.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Can you screen shot what it looks like? I can't picture what you mean by data option in the notification tray.

I think it's to turn mobile data on or off I noticed my brothers s3 has this too but the note 2 I saw at the AT&T store doesn't have it

Sent from my PC36100

ianmac23

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
You are correct it is a button to turn the mobile data on and off. I know it can be done from the settings but here in Ohio there are lots of areas without cell coverage and it is nice to turn off the data quickly to save the battery

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
You are correct it is a button to turn the mobile data on and off. I know it can be done from the settings but here in Ohio there are lots of areas without cell coverage and it is nice to turn off the data quickly to save the battery

I see. However, I would say if the primary concern is saving battery life, then you'll find with the Note 2 the battery will be the least of your worries. :)

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I was helping my mom with her GS3 and I noticed there was a mobile data option in the notification drop down. Is there anyway to get that on the note2?

Thanks for the help

I really don't know how to answer you because I've had it on my Note2 straight out of the box... I have the international version, no LTE.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352987528948.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352987528948.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 112

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
That is it.....I do not have that

Sorry to hear that, it's a really convenient toggle to have on the pull-down menu. I really don't understand why one phone can have so many versions. And why they have to change even the tiny features. :/

On my phone, if you long press the power button there's an option that says "Data Network Activated/ Deactivated." Functions the same as the mobile data button. Maybe that works for you too? Will save you four or five clicks. :)

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that, it's a really convenient toggle to have on the pull-down menu. I really don't understand why one phone can have so many versions. And why they have to change even the tiny features. :/

On my phone, if you long press the power button there's an option that says "Data Network Activated/ Deactivated." Functions the same as the mobile data button. Maybe that works for you too? Will save you four or five clicks. :)

It is very frustrating that even thought its the same phone it doesnt have all the same features out the box ah I hate U.s carriers (mini rant over) lol

Sent from my PC36100

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It is very frustrating that even thought its the same phone it doesnt have all the same features out the box ah I hate U.s carriers (mini rant over) lol

Sent from my PC36100

I sympathize! Maybe at some point samsung will have enough leverage to be able to say to the carriers " you, here's our phone, take it or leave it." ;)

Redpill1001

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I was able to customize the items in the notification bar, until AT&T removed that ability in the last update. which was what landed me here. I'm testing out Widgetsoid (no relationship) and very happy with it so far (after 10 minutes) and for all I care AT&T can take away all their notification bar stuff.

SumthinNew

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Since the last update to 4.1.2, the "data toggle" was made available from settings-display-notifications.
There is a whole slew of them now available to add/remove as per your liking.

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Since the last update to 4.1.2, the "data toggle" was made available from settings-display-notifications.
There is a whole slew of them now available to add/remove as per your liking.

That instructions is varies on note 2. I don't have notification settings on my tmobile phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

Carl Vu

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I have Sprint and my Note 2 doesn't have the Mobile Data toggle option either.
Huge oversight because I'm finding out that 4G data does drain the battery quickly.

I'm using a shortcut widget from Juice Defender that allows me to toggle the mobile data on or off.

Sidenote - super dimmer app allows your screen to be really darken so u can have it on in the movie and not bother ppl.