Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Touchwiz music player is fantastic

One of the real pleasant surprises on the Note 2 is the Touchwiz music player. It does almost everything I want in a music player - easy playlist creation, tried but true navigation features, and the best widget I've seen. Stretch it to full screen and not only are the transport controls there, but it has a scrollable playlist. I've tried out tons of music apps, and the only features it's missing are an mp3 tag editor and the ability to reorder playlists.

For a free player, it's the best I've used.
    hammey22 likes this.

Default Re: Touchwiz music player is fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post
    One of the real pleasant surprises on the Note 2 is the Touchwiz music player. It does almost everything I want in a music player - easy playlist creation, tried but true navigation features, and the best widget I've seen. Stretch it to full screen and not only are the transport controls there, but it has a scrollable playlist. I've tried out tons of music apps, and the only features it's missing are an mp3 tag editor and the ability to reorder playlists.

Is it the same as the galaxy s3 cuz if so I can not figure it out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

There are differences. The S3 player doesn't have a button to jump to the main menu. The shuffle and repeat buttons are missing on the widget. I probably wouldn't use the default player on the S3 for those missing features. There may be other differences as well.

Hopefully for S3 owners, they will update the music player when the multi - window feature is released.

Does it pull over all of the clip art or do you need a separate app?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Some songs do and some don't. You would need a third party program for songs that don't come up automatically.

It's not a feature I care much about.

Does anyone know how to keep the 'sound alive' feature (the equalizer) set on a particular setting instead of having to change it every time I use the app?! I've tried to do it in the options menu but it'll change back to 'normal' as soon as I exit the app.

Does it hook into Google music or are we still limited to play music app for that? I've got 6000 songs on there I'd like to not lose.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

No, it's a standalone player. I don't think there are any players that can stream your Google Music library other than Play Music.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

It is missing one thing which renders it useless to me - podcasts/audiobooks do not resume where you left off, they start all the way over which to me is very annoying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I use Beyondpod for podcasts, best I've found.

The Nottinator
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I use PocketCasts. Top notch podcast app. But you're right - the player remembers the last song you played but does not have a resume feature.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

I am using doubletwist for my podcasts and it has worked fine thus far, but I'd love to just use the stock player if I could.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Thanks. Because of my previous experiences with the default music player, I pretty much dismissed it, but I keep coming back to it because it is so integrated with Touchwiz. Definitely I'll have a look at it again with a fresh perspective.