1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Default Returned Lumia 920 and picked up Note 2

Well, after being a loyal Nokia fan and recently picking up the new 920, I returned it for the Note 2. My past 5 phones have been Nokia's starting with 2 N9's, the Pureview 808, Lumia 900 and my week with the 920. While WP8 was nice, I was ready for a change, was getting bored.

I researched the Note 2 for quite a while and came to the conclusion that it pretty much has all that and then some, feature and spec wise. I'm loving it so far but like others coming from other OS's, it's a lot to take in. I think my last Android phone was the Atrix 2 so I'm not a total Android noob. I recently picked up a Nexus 7 as well so I'm now surrounded.

One of the things I really liked with WP is what they call the people hub. You can link all of your social accounts into one screen, does Android have something like this? It would be nice to see all of my FB, Twitter, etc. in one feed. There are a TON more apps for Android than there are for WP so that's a big bonus even though it will take me forever to get through all of them.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and check on the social feed options and I look forward to what's to come!

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Default Re: Returned Lumia 920 and picked up Note 2

Hmm since its android there's probably an app for that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

It's been a while since I've used them, but some of these might work:

I tend to use the original apps for each network.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Hmm since its android there's probably an app for that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Haha, you got me....

You might wanna check out Scope. The only thing missing in that app (at least for me) is Google+.

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

There is a widget called android pro widgets that you can place on your home screen. It will show you your twiiter and Facebook feeds on a scrollable widget for quick glancing.

Sent from my jelly bean flavored nexus
    Last edited by elvisgp; 11-18-2012 at 01:42 PM.

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

I gave my girlfriend my Galaxy nexus and she has the same problem. To me, having android for quite some time I have been used to just checking each one individually. But she is pretty annoyed not having it. I don't think us Android peeps have any idea how you are feeling about this. If anybody knows of a good one please holler

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Im not stressing too hard about it. I need to find a new FB client as yhe official one kind of blows. Twitter seems ok so Ill keep looking. There are too many other things to learn about this phone that are keeping me busy:thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

welcome to the family
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Thanks!

Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Flipbook?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!

I've been contemplating picking up a 920 for s and giggles but everything I read on WP central the phone is a friggin train wreck. Gorgeous, but an utter cluster F.

Quote Originally Posted by davela72 View Post
    One of the things I really liked with WP is what they call the people hub. You can link all of your social accounts into one screen, does Android have something like this? It would be nice to see all of my FB, Twitter, etc. in one feed. There are a TON more apps for Android than there are for WP so that's a big bonus even though it will take me forever to get through all of them.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and check on the social feed options and I look forward to what's to come!
    I came from a Lumia as well and there's really are times I still miss the People hub. Try tweetdeck. The feed shows both Facebook and Twitter updates.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulfarm View Post
    Flipbook?

I love Flipbook, and the way it formats Facebook pages is fantastic, but there are a number of missing posts that show up on the official app.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    I've been contemplating picking up a 920 for s and giggles but everything I read on WP central the phone is a friggin train wreck. Gorgeous, but an utter cluster F.
    Yea i have a windows phone mango 7.5 and it was working fine for about 4 months, then the keyboard died as well as quit downloading web pages. Their pretty, but they are $hit.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Flipbook?

Added my FB, Twitter and Google + to Flipboard today and so far I LOVE it! The pics are nice and big, text is great, it's awesome! For those that use Flipboard, do you log out of your accounts or stay logged in?

Flipbook?

You mean Flipboard?

Welcome. The Lumia 920 was way over-hyped in my opinion. People were pre-bashing on Samsung and Apple saying how great pictures were and how amazing 3d maps was and loving the Lumia 920 before they got one. But the chatter has really died quickly.

The Note 2 is still buzzing, and rightly so.

As for the people hub, sounds a lot like Social Hub by Samsung? Integrates, FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, text messages into one page. I personally never gave it a chance, but may be worth looking into.

I'm convinced most of the 920 hype was astroturfing on the part of MS employees. There was a disproportionate amount of interest online for the 920 and the Surface RT tablet. How is it I've seen exactly one WP device in the wild (which makes sense considering its low single digit market penetration) but half the people online are salivating over the 920?

The truth is, most people don't want a Windows anything. They only upgrade to a Windows because their old system ran on Windows. People are avoiding Windows 8 right now, and will likely avoid Windows Phone 8 as well.

Default Returned Lumia 920 and picked up Note 2

Anyway in Flipboard to have oldest posts at beginning. I hate flipping new to old.

Also can't seem to get twitter or Facebook to mark as read? I get the same posts over and over ?????

Buddy of mine works for ATT corporate and landed me a 920 promotional device (atleast I think it is). It's not horrible, Metro is a pretty cool UI, the device itself is gorgeous. Once you figure out what app on WP corresponds with the rest of the world you're OK (some actually function better). The battery life thus far has been absolute crap. I just reset the phone and set it up as a new and we'll see. It's a pretty nice change of pace when you're board, but I don't think it will unseat my Note2.

My son is waiting for his contract to expire and then he's getting the 920. The main reason is the extreme image stablization on the 920's camera. His hands shake slightly and he has a hard time taking photos. How was the camera in that phone compared to this one? I haven't taken a poor shot yet thanks to being able to say 'cheese' and not have to press a button, but I can't talk him into the Note 2.
    Galaxy Note 2 <~ OG EVO 4G <~ HTC Fuze <~ HTC3125 <~ Motorola Something

Quote Originally Posted by AnnDroid View Post
    My son is waiting for his contract to expire and then he's getting the 920. The main reason is the extreme image stablization on the 920's camera. His hands shake slightly and he has a hard time taking photos. How was the camera in that phone compared to this one? I haven't taken a poor shot yet thanks to being able to say 'cheese' and not have to press a button, but I can't talk him into the Note 2.
    The camera on the 920 is excellent in low light. Right now it is suffering from overly soft pictures in normal light creating a cloudy picture which should get fixed with a software update, or so they hope. lol

Note 2 top

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Returned Lumia 920 and picked up Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1353874474797.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Lumia 920

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Returned Lumia 920 and picked up Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1353874544735.jpg