What is Missing from the GN2?

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I absolutely love my new Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Now, what do you think would make the GN2 even better. For me;

1. 1080p screen
2. Improved sunlight viewing
3. Stock Android option

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T)

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
2 and 3 would be good. 1, I think, is just so unnecessary on a 5.55" screen.... or anything under 40-50 someodd inches.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Improved sunlight viewing would be a tremendous help!

My HTC Fuze (WinMo os) automatically read aloud my text messages---a terrific feature while driving. I've missed it ever since I abandoned my Fuze for the Inspire.

I terribly wish for an option to change the blue and yellow cartoon bubbles to a normal black and white text message convo.

@ Martinezma99
Thanks for starting this thread! I'm curious to know what wonderful features other Note II users wish for . . . :)

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I will comically say that what's missing from the Note 2 is, for me, the entire phone because Verizon hasn't released it yet darn it.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I terribly wish for an option to change the blue and yellow cartoon bubbles to a normal black and white text message convo.

You may already be aware, but in case you or others are not, you can customize the text message bubbles and backgrounds.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353214081166.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353214081166.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 206

pbdc13

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You may already be aware, but in case you or others are not, you can customize the text message bubbles and backgrounds.

I must be missing it. How do you customize? Thanks!

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

No, I didn't know that! How did I miss the MENU for messaging? Thank you SO much. So now I know where to find the text templates and spam message blocking too. :)

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
So, can someone please tell me about the MMS creation mode for composing text messages? (Perhaps that contains the mystery of why I can't send or receive pics in text messages.)

One setting option is :
Select a creation mode
Restricted
Warning
Free
The default is Free. Should I change it in order to send/receive pics?

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I will comically say that what's missing from the Note 2 is, for me, the entire phone because Verizon hasn't released it yet darn it.

And when Verizon does release it, the only thing missing will be the home button. :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
And when Verizon does release it, the only thing missing will be the home button. :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Correct but at least it has the magic Verizon button that when pressed super cool things happen maybe?

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I absolutely love my new Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Now, what do you think would make the GN2 even better. For me;

1. 1080p screen
2. Improved sunlight viewing
3. Stock Android option

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T)

I think the 1080P Screen would be GREAT and certainly better outdoor/sunlight viewing is VERY important, after all, a great idea may come to you outdoors! I think the "skins" add some functionality, especially with the Note/S-Pen. I'd like to see less plastic and more accessories. I wish Verizon would have gotten it earlier, but I am happy we are at least getting this Note.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by DAS

how?

@baygolf
From Messaging, touch MENU, then Settings.
Bubbles options are the first feature in Settings. :)

lowlifeplayer

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Things missing for me

1. SVDO talk and use data at the same time.
2. Holster mode. This is a blackberry trick that when your phone is in its holster it behaves differently bases on what you want it to do. It is awesome

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Um, missing? Really? No phone is perfect. No phone has everything that every user wants. I just am amazed that people want to dwell on what this phone doesn't have, which is miniscule in comparison to the things it does have. Ok, I suppose when I'm getting bored with the Note 2 in a year or two and starting to get itchy for something new, I'll see how there are things that newer phones have that might add up to a big difference compared to the Note 2. Even then, given that probably all of these future phones will not have the screen size or stylus, they will still be lacking in some big ways from the Note 2. But for now anyway, there's nothing out there that comes close. If you are all about stock Android, then the Note 2 isn't for you, or you can root. I've yet to see anywhere that Google Wallet can be used or why I need it over using my credit card. As far as SVDO, I've also yet to want to browse the web while talking to someone. It's distracting enough when someone calls me and I'm in front of my PC - I have to physically get up and go somewhere so that I won't start reading or doing something else online and forget to listen to the person on the other end, lol! I don't think I need that temptation on the go! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital