Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Official Samsung Protective Cover PLUS, any local store sells them besides online?

Hi guys,

Like the title says, I was wondering has anyone seen the official samsung protective cover plus case in store?
    I don't mind buying it online, but the shipping might take a while with the holidays coming soon.

Also has anyone bought from MobilecityOnline before? Is it a trustable site? The prices just seem so low therefore I ask.

Thank you.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Default Re: Official Samsung Protective Cover PLUS, any local store sells them besides online?

I sure hope Mobile City is a legit site, I ordered that case last night from them. They also do business on Ebay and have a pretty good rating so I think they should be OK. I'm curious to know if the gray section around the side of the case is rubber, I guess I'll soon find out.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

My local Sprint store was selling them. The store is a corporate store and not the authorized resellers.

Default Re: Official Samsung Protective Cover PLUS, any local store sells them besides online?

I purchased one during the 50% off period. I like it. It seems to give pretty good protection all around the phone, and doesn't at much bulk at all.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by sko580 View Post
    My local Sprint store was selling them. The store is a corporate store and not the authorized resellers.
    Wow, I thought they only sold the body glove. I'm surprised they sell it there. I'll go check it out. Thank you very much sko580.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    I purchased one during the 50% off period. I like it. It seems to give pretty good protection all around the phone, and doesn't at much bulk at all.
    Yeah, I wanted to buy it off samsung, but they are all sold out. I notice that the back shell is very shiny. Does it stratch easily or have those scratch swirls when looked at an angle?

This case fits with all carriers right?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Thingsgoboom View Post
    I notice that the back shell is very shiny. Does it stratch easily or have those scratch swirls when looked at an angle?
    After a week, there are no scratches on mine. I am pretty careful about not putting it in a pocket with keys or change, but I don't baby it. So far its holding up very well.

It should. As far as I know, there are no differences externally between the carrriers (except for the Verizon logo )

- - - Updated - - -

I notice that the back shell is very shiny. Does it stratch easily or have those scratch swirls when looked at an angle?
    After a week, there are no scratches on mine. I am pretty careful about not putting it in a pocket with keys or change, but I don't baby it. So far its holding up very well.

It should. As far as I know, there are no differences externally between the carrriers (except for the Verizon logo )

Quote Originally Posted by davela72 View Post
    I sure hope Mobile City is a legit site, I ordered that case last night from them. They also do business on Ebay and have a pretty good rating so I think they should be OK. I'm curious to know if the gray section around the side of the case is rubber, I guess I'll soon find out.
    I am curious too...it looks like rubber and may help get a good grip on the phone...but what does it look like? I was seriously looking to order one, but would really like to see in person.
    Cory

I have ordered from mobileclityonline several times. Completely legit company and very good prices.
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Yeah, I wanted to buy it off samsung, but they are all sold out. I notice that the back shell is very shiny. Does it stratch easily or have those scratch swirls when looked at an angle?

I bought this case in black from Samsung with a 50% off coupon. It is a very good quality TPU case. That said it is glossy on the back and it will scratch and how fingerprints etc. I now have the Seidio Surface combo. I really liked the thinness and light weight of the Samsung case but would have preferred a matte type back shell.

Thank you
    I bought this case in black from Samsung with a 50% off coupon. It is a very good quality TPU case. That said it is glossy on the back and it will scratch and show fingerprints etc. I now have the Seidio Surface combo. I really liked the thinness and light weight of the Samsung case but would have preferred a matte type back shell.
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    I bought this case in black from Samsung with a 50% off coupon. It is a very good quality TPU case. That said it is glossy on the back and it will scratch and show fingerprints etc. I now have the Seidio Surface combo. I really liked the thinness and light weight of the Samsung case but would have preferred a matte type back shell.
    Thanks for the response. You say it shows fingerprints, so if I was to wipe it on my jeans, do you think that it will scratch? I do not mean deep scratch marks, but those swirly scratch marks that you seen on car paint.

By any chance, would you have any pictures with the case on the phone? (You don't have to go through the trouble it you do not have any pictures)

Thank you
    USAF Veteran

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts

I also bought my Samsung official flip case from my local Sprint store.

Thanks for the response. You say it shows fingerprints, so if I was to wipe it on my jeans, do you think that it will scratch? I do not mean deep scratch marks, but those swirly scratch marks that you seen on car paint.

By any chance, would you have any pictures with the case on the phone? (You don't have to go through the trouble it you do not have any pictures)

Thank you
    I doubt your jeans would scratch it. I did not have scratches on mine but could see it happening with extended use. The good news is that it seems like good protection for the phone. As for a picture, I m sorry but I already switched to my Seidio surface case and it is not the easiest to get off...

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

can you use the flip case and the protective cover at the same time?

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts

Also check T-Mobile, my local store had them in stock.

Just got the case from mobilecityonline and I'd recommend them! I live in ct and they ship from ny so the wait was only 3 days. It came in the official samsung box and is in mint condition. Not great drop protection but it does give a durability feel to the phone. Also not much bulk! Definitely a great buy and hold over until otterbox makes their case available!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Lastnv 

Quote Originally Posted by jayp1306 View Post
    Just got the case from mobilecityonline and I'd recommend them! I live in ct and they ship from ny so the wait was only 3 days. It came in the official samsung box and is in mint condition. Not great drop protection but it does give a durability feel to the phone. Also not much bulk! Definitely a great buy and hold over until otterbox makes their case available!

What about the edges - is it a rubber-like material? Do you have a picture on the phone? Thanks!
    Cory

I was also looking at the official Samsung case. What's the overall feeling grip wise, particularly one handed? I know the back appears slick but the side appears to have grip. I like my Bodyglove, however, despite the texture on the back one handed it feels a bit slippery. This has me wondering if the Surface case might be a better choice. Just not sure about the two halved case causing a line across the back (prefer minimal istic/clean lines).

Many thanks in advance.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jayp1306 View Post

Think you could post a pic of it on your phone and post it real quick?
    Would be much appreciated.

Sorry all I can't/have no way of taking a picture of it on my phone. I will answer any questions though! As far as feel of the case and the edges they are both very good! The edges aren't rubbery like really, they are more plastic like although have the slightest bit of rubber texture to them. Also they are raised less than a 1/16" from the screen to provide face down protection but they add pretty much no bulk to the phone pocketwise. As for the back, it is slick plastic. I will say it feels grippy though, as I'm typing this one handed and I feel like the phone is stuck to my fingers just right. Overall it's a great case and I might even hold off on my otterbox purchase. Also as far as cases go it is effortless to use the side keys. I give it a 9.5 out of 10 for light duty cases! And only because I wish it came in titanium grey!

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

i called every sprint, att, and tmobile store in my area

none have it

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

I got mine that I ordered from Mobile City today, just put it on actually. It fits pretty well and all of the openings line up great. It doesn't add much bulk at all but does give a more secure feel while holding the phone. The power and volume buttons are easy to press, no issues there. I would definitely recommend if you're looking for this type of case.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

found a video!
    I would mute the video, the way the guy talks is extremely annoying.

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

This case is very nice. It is simple and has a clean look to it and it really does not add much bulk to it. The side feels more of a smooth plastic feeling because the grip is not as strong as a rubber feeling BUT it still gives it a decent grip to the case. This case is better than some TPU cases because it covers up the power/volume buttons. OTHER cases usually have an opening for the power/volume button which I find annoying because it allows dust/dirt to get in the case more easily. This Samsung official case covers up the button which gives it a more sleek look.

Also you do not have to worry about lint sticking to this case. It slides in and out of the pocket smoothly.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

its nice and all but ..

where do you buy it from?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast