1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is their any way I can make a song my text tone?

Ive been playing around with my note 2 for a couple days now and ive got songs for my ringtone and I was wondering is their anyway to make a song my text tone. Im kinda tired of the whistle and all other defaults are just lame ha ha

Default Re: Is their any way I can make a song my text tone?

An app called Ringtone Maker.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by almath View Post
    An app called Ringtone Maker.
    Ok thanks ill try that out I got songs off myxer but idk why they dont show up in text tones their just on ringtones

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeepForLife View Post
    Ive been playing around with my note 2 for a couple days now and ive got songs for my ringtone and I was wondering is their anyway to make a song my text tone. Im kinda tired of the whistle and all other defaults are just lame ha ha
    Just click on the songs that u want to use for your ringtone or notification. Than move the songs to the SD card not the external one. Than move it into either the ringtone or notification category. After that, once u go to change your ringtones/notification sounds..........you should see your songs in there too.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Storm over Krynn View Post
    Just click on the songs that u want to use for your ringtone or notification. Than move the songs to the SD card not the external one. Than move it into either the ringtone or notification category. After that, once u go to change your ringtones/notification sounds..........you should see your songs in there too.
    I don't have an SD card yet but I figured it out I had to save the song to my notifications tones. Kinda dumb in my opinion I guess I'll just have to have it in ring tones and notifications for now

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeepForLife View Post
    I don't have an SD card yet but I figured it out I had to save the song to my notifications tones. Kinda dumb in my opinion I guess I'll just have to have it in ring tones and notifications for now
    As long as u can get your own songs to play your ringtones.........than its all good. I believe SD refers to your internal storage and extSD refers to your SD card. Just so u dont get confuse if u decide to move things around.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Storm over Krynn View Post
    I just gave this method a whirl and it works perfectly.
    I was missing all my old ring tones and notifications I had from my BlackBerry. Now I have them all set!
    Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

No need for an app, just drop your MP3 or WAV file of choice into media/notifications/ in the internal storage (fake sdcard). You may need to create that directory if it isn't there.

It may not appear in the list of available notification tones immediately. If in doubt, reboot. Or I managed to get it to show by playing it in the stock music player first, then going back and selecting it as the notification tone - no reboot needed.