Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Optimus G or Note 2?

So its upgrade time. You are all set t get the brand new Galaxy Note 2. You have been saing for this for a while. All of the sudden, your TV breaks. You are prepared to deal with this but then you see the leaked Best Buy Black Friday Ad has a 40" 1080p toshiba for $180 ($450 value). You realize if you save up until then you can get a phone and the TV. But then, LG releases the Optimus G. Not a whole lot better phone but much less expensive (Note 2 $250 on wirefly Friends and Family : Optimus G $120 on Wirefly F&F) and some of the specs are better (like the exynos vs the s4 Pro). Then, to make things even more complicated, Sears put out their ad with a 50" 1080p toshiba for $300 ($800 value). You really like everything about both phones but you prefer the software features of the note 2 to the optimus G (pop-up-play vs Qslide for example), but buying the Optimus means more cash and a bigger TV. Decisions. Decisions.

But yea. This is the situation I am in. Please let me know what you guys would do in my situation cause I am having trouble deciding (Major First World problm I know).

Default Re: Optimus G or Note 2?

I have not played around with the Optimus G yet. However my friend owns the note 2 and she loves it. It was the phone that got her to switch from iphone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I don't think it's even close. The Note 2 is superior in almost every way, save for arguably a better screen and a couple of benchmarks that make zero difference in the real world (and aren't even substantially different to begin with).

Better camera, better battery, more storage via microSD and Jellybean out of the box. Touchwiz is better than the LG skin. And then there's SPen.

Frankly, I don't give a damn about the television. (I have 2 LG units).

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

Galaxy Note 2 has been an incredible phone. If you like the big screen, it cannot be beat!

I've owned iPhone 4s, HTC One X, and Galaxy S3. The Note 2 is by far my favorite (until the next best thing comes out). Unfortunately, I'm now limited because I'll have a hard time going back to a smaller screen.

Good luck!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T)

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JellyBean

I played with the LG Optimus G, it is wide and not as tall as the GS3, so hold it in your hand and see. The screen on it is probably one of the best out there though. I also thought the placement of the camera and flash just looked odd to me. If you need the best screen and want to sacrifice the feel in hand then get it. The reason I got the note two was because the screen was bigger, it already has jellybean, and all the extra features you get with the s-pen. Right now in 2012 all phones have similar specs, I got the one with the most add ons. Plus Samsung has boat load of cash so I am thinking the upgrade process will be much quicker than that of the LG. Plus look at the case/accessory selection between the two.

Sent from my white NOTE II using Android Central Forums

Hahah posting in a Note 2 forum... what do you think we'll recommend??

I looked at the Optimus G long and hard because I was afraid that the Note 2 was too big. The 13mp camera was also attractive, but in real world results, it didn't perform any better than the 8mp cameras you find on most other top of the line phones. Sealed battery and no sd slot just made it harder for me to want it. In the end, I went with the Note 2,and it's every bit the beast I hoped it would be. And as it turned out, it wasn't that big after all.

I was really interested in the Optimus G, but I did get the Note 2. The Optimus looks and feels awesome and I Would have definitely gotten it if there were no Note 2. But the Note 2 burns every phone out there, The size of the Note 2 is insane. And yes, you get used to the size, but it is still very big. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Consuming media like books, magazines, videos, games,etc. are just better on the big screen. Once we get the multitasking bar, this phone will be unstoppable. And may I add that the software for the s pen is incredible.

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.