1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I'm a noob when it comes to accessories..help?

My first two smart phones were a DroidX and a GalaxyNexus. Both times I just bought the Verizon screen cover, I like that they are willing to put it on for you lol. I'm pretty bad at it...I really have no idea what to even look for in a screen protector.

Covers I'm a little better. For the DroidX I got the VZW case for it but for the GNex I go ta Diztronic case which was nice....not sure what case to grab for the Note2.

And lastly I really want to set up something nice for my car. I use to rely on CD's or radio but I'm sick of the clutter of CDs and I love listening to podcasts. Any tips for this? My worry is my Civic09 dashboard is kind of weird IMO so it'd be a stretch to reach for the phone while driving to switch songs.

Would love any tips for those 3 areas.

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

Default Re: I'm a noob when it comes to accessories..help?

I bought this case:
    USA seller and it is cheap. I will use this as my protective case, its pretty nice because it has edges that are kind of grippy (if that is a word)

Also bought this from samsung:
    Mostly for looks because it will look good on white, there are a few other colors, also some on eBay not OEM but around $15.

I didn't buy a screen protector because this thing has gorilla glass and shouldn't really scratch, plus I wasn't sure how good the S-Pen would work.

If you have a bluetooth radio in your car you can just play it through that, then use S Voice to change songs, select artists, etc (if you use Samsung's Music Hub). But there are cheap $20 car phone stands at Frys (if you have one around you) or eBay i assume as well.

I would worry even more about the screen due to the S pen. Even Gorilla glass scratches. SGP seems to be getting the most love for screen protectors. What I have on my GSIII.

Absolutely love Seidio cases. The Surface is probably the best slim case available. Also with the kickstand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by acbuescher View Post
    If you have a bluetooth radio in your car you can just play it through that, then use S Voice to change songs, select artists, etc (if you use Samsung's Music Hub). But there are cheap $20 car phone stands at Frys (if you have one around you) or eBay i assume as well.
    This^^^^^^

Plus, I would say look in the AC store for the case. Not loving the screen protector selection though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

I bought the Ultra Crystal Spigen screen protector. It's great! You DO really need some sort of screen protector and also a case. The glass goes from the bezel to the bezel, and the corners seem to be very prone to shatter if you drop it. I do NOT recommend a wet-application screen protector. It will not work well with the S pen and you'll hate it. I ordered 2 from Spigen which was smart because I mucked up the first installation pretty badly.

I have a cheap TPU case on my Precious right now with a fun rubbery-plasticy one coming soon from Cell Nerds. The one I ordered I linked too. It has huge corner bumpers. I'm sure people will laugh but considering how prone the glass is to shattering at the corners, I thought, why not?

I really want a , they're not on the market yet. My friend has one for her Iphone, I do like the look and feel of them. I think the Candyshell type would be my choice.

Nice to see another Packer's fan!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I have looked at the Spigen ones before, but I did not know the difference between all of the options. Does the S-Pen work fine with them on?

I will probably go with Seidio case as well as maybe a cover-flip case from somewhere and switch them out.

I guess my cardock search continues. I do not trust anyone of the knows I see lol, would be scared that they will fall. My car does not have bluetooth sadly.

Is the Samsung Music Hub better than Google Music (which I'm not toooo crazy about)

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by MKita View Post

Is the Samsung Music Hub better than Google Music (which I'm not toooo crazy about)
    I don't use Samsung Music hub B/C it is $10/mo. I like Google Music so that is what I use
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I don't use Samsung Music hub B/C it is $10/mo. I like Google Music so that is what I use
    Wow really? That's terrible lol

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

yes, you get a 7 day free trial, but everytime i try and download a song it says, error fetching song license from server, not quite sure whats going on there but I don't like it! Why don't you like Google Music?

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

My first two smart phones were a DroidX and a GalaxyNexus. Both times I just bought the Verizon screen cover, I like that they are willing to put it on for you lol. I'm pretty bad at it...I really have no idea what to even look for in a screen protector.

Covers I'm a little better. For the DroidX I got the VZW case for it but for the GNex I go ta Diztronic case which was nice....not sure what case to grab for the Note2.

And lastly I really want to set up something nice for my car. I use to rely on CD's or radio but I'm sick of the clutter of CDs and I love listening to podcasts. Any tips for this? My worry is my Civic09 dashboard is kind of weird IMO so it'd be a stretch to reach for the phone while driving to switch songs.

Would love any tips for those 3 areas.
    Spigen Ultra Oleophobic screen protectors and the Seidio Active case are when I've ordered. After an unreal amount of time spent researching, the Spigen Ultra Oleophobic screen protector was right for me because of 2 things. First, it doesn't distort the screen one bit and second it is also less prone to gathering finger prints. I would put the Ultra Crystal and Ultra Oleophobic in the same class because neither of them effect the screen at all. Ultra optics distorts it just ever so slightly that for me it wouldn't work.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    Spigen Ultra Oleophobic screen protectors and the Seidio Active case are when I've ordered. After an unreal amount of time spent researching, the Spigen Ultra Oleophobic screen protector was right for me because of 2 things. First, it doesn't distort the screen one bit and second it is also less prone to gathering finger prints. I would put the Ultra Crystal and Ultra Oleophobic in the same class because neither of them effect the screen at all. Ultra optics distorts it just ever so slightly that for me it wouldn't work.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt
    Yes I can confirm this. The Optics will distort.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

Best Buy has Zagg screen protectors for the GN2. I got the HD Invisibleshield. I got the clear version so it doesn't change the clarity of the screen.
    From AC store, i ordered the Seidio Active case and holster. While i am waiting for it to arrive, I am using a casemate Pop case.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I'm ordering the official flip case and the Seidio case, will use interchangeably.

Now for a screen protector is Spigen Ultra Oleophobic the best out of the Spigen series? Not sure the difference between all of them.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm ordering the official flip case and the Seidio case, will use interchangeably.

Now for a screen protector is Spigen Ultra Oleophobic the best out of the Spigen series? Not sure the difference between all of them.

Global Posts
    4,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

- - - Updated - - -

Take a read here - it tells you the differences between the screen protectors:

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

yes, you get a 7 day free trial, but everytime i try and download a song it says, error fetching song license from server, not quite sure whats going on there but I don't like it! Why don't you like Google Music?
    The widget isn't the best. I'm not against it, just hoped for something better when driving. I'm sure the buttons will be bigger on the Note.