Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Black Friday Deals in SD Cards Anywhere?

got 2 also thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Younjulius View Post
    This beats the best price I've found easily. Thank you! Now, my Note 2 is complete.
    Thank you! Just ordered my 64gig San Disk...Wow! Amazon.com better yet
    WOW Android Central... dont leave home without it
    Geek Freak

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Got one!
    Thanks Gang!

Thank you for the link guys, I would've ben upset if I missed out on this but Is there a difference between the two 64gb micro sd cards listed? They have different model numbers, thanks for your responses in advance

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yeah I just found the deal on the 64 GB on Amazon too. Going to order one if my adventure with the Digital Copies of some of my Blu Ray movies go according to plan. Have Class 10 32GB in there right now.

Hmmm... regarding the 64GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS card, has anyone read some of the seventy one some odd 1 star reviews? Particularly the review from Tom Henriksen dated September 22, 2012, where he says he spoke with Sandisk and they confirmed that this card is not compatible with Android 4.0 or above? Can anyone speak to this?

Many thanks in advance.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueKew View Post
    Hmmm... regarding the 64GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS card, has anyone read some of the seventy one some odd 1 star reviews? Particularly the review from Tom Henriksen dated September 22, 2012, where he says he spoke with Sandisk and they confirmed that this card is not compatible with Android 4.0 or above? Can anyone speak to this?

Many thanks in advance.
    Let's hope that's not true, because I just bought one today.

Go to nomorerack.com they have sweet deals on SD cards

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I was thinking about getting a 64GB Micro SD card for my S3. Running stock Jelly Bean!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi guys,
    I'm a noobie when it comes to SD cards. I was wondering what does the SD card store anyways if I were too put one in the phone? Like is it mainly just to hold music, and videos just so you don't use the phone's stock storage?

Just to make sure, the SD card can not hold any apps right? meaning the apps can not be run by the SD storage?

Thank you

Sum phones can store apps on SD card but I mainly use it for photos music and backups. There great to have can never have to much storage. Plus you can use them in a new phone and have your music and pics without having to transfer them all to the new device just throw in the card
    my awesome red Slll on CM10

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueKew View Post

Many thanks in advance.

For what it's worth, it looks like they confirmed that the card only supported exFAT formatting. If that's the only issue, then the Note 2 should be fine, as it's perfectly capable of reading exFAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tari View Post
    For what it's worth, it looks like they confirmed that the card only supported exFAT formatting. If that's the only issue, then the Note 2 should be fine, as it's perfectly capable of reading exFAT.
    Does the SanDisk 32 ultra have the same problem?

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

You can reformat the card in the phone under settings and storage. I don't know what the phone defaults to file system wise but I would recommend it for the best compatibility with the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    Does the SanDisk 32 ultra have the same problem?
    While I don't own the cards myself, based on the reviews, it seems that all the non-64GB cards support FAT32 and NTFS as well as exFAT. Only the 64GB card is locked to exFAT.

Isnt exFat the fastest of the 3 formats available. Im planning to use it for my music library, Ring tones and sounds.

I didn't read through all the pages so I apologize ahead if I'm repeating. Costco had a class10 32micro SD for $16 until tomorrow

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Tari View Post
    For those of us unfamiliar, are there any drawbacks to exFAT vs FAT32 or NTSF? Specifically as far as limiting options in terms of uploading/downloading images files to/from the GN2?

Also, would you be able to explain in layman's terms the proper way to format the card? Sorry but in the past with my Evo4G it was very simple. Stick the card in the phone, choose to format it, done. Now I'm reading about defining formats and may be misreading but it seems like a lot of this and that to it before being able to use the card.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by TrueBlueKew; 11-24-2012 at 01:21 PM.

You shouldn't run into any issues uploading/downloading images from the GN2 unless your computer, TV, other device, or the GN2 can't read the exFAT format.

You can read up on some of the details at Wikipedia:

If you have a newer OS, you should be able to format to exFAT on your PC (and Mac, apparently, though I wouldn't really know). Not sure if the GN2 can format the card to exFAT itself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12