How do YOU use S-Voice?

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I just discovered that S-Voice can be used as a calculator AND is a terrific speller. :) But it's not a very good dictionary; can't tell me what a universe or a house or an automobile is . . . suggested that I ask google.

Do you use S-Voice for something besides regular chores (sending a text or email, adding a calendar event, making a phone call)?

Last edited:

davela72

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Haha, S-Voice is fun. If you ask "what time is it", it brings up an analog clock with the time zone and date. It does well with weather, obviously. It couldn't tell me who was playing football this weekend. Here's a good one, I asked it "who owns Google" and it returned the 5 people that own it, apparently. Another good one, I asked, "what is jelly bean" and got all the nutritional facts of a jelly bean, haha. OK, sorry, back on track.

Edit: It will also set an alarm for you, pretty cool.

Last edited:

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I read so many bad things about S Voice and I've seen people having difficulty doing simple things like text a contact that I removed it from the home button double press, mapped Google Voice Search to the menu long press, and use that exclusively. Don't know if you can remap it with Touchwiz - I had the option via Nova Launcher Prime.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I just discovered that S-Voice can be used as a calculator AND is a terrific speller. :) But it's not a very good dictionary; can't tell me what a universe or a house or an automobile is . . . suggested that I ask google.

Do you use S-Voice for something besides regular chores (sending a text or email, adding a calendar event, making a phone call)?

I really like s-voice and use it for everything possible. I answer and decline incoming calls, set alarms, edit and delete appointments, and call and text people in my contacts.

For fun facts or meanings of things I use Google Now, but for any functions native to the phone s-voice is extremely useful.

My only personal hiccup is that my device won't schedule or add an appointment, but Sprint has agreed to send me a replacement device because they believe it's a software glitch with my device.

S-voice is an app I wish every user would use and discover the benefits of.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

CowboyJoet

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I really like s-voice and use it for everything possible. I answer and decline incoming calls, set alarms, edit and delete appointments, and call and text people in my contacts.

For fun facts or meanings of things I use Google Now, but for any functions native to the phone s-voice is extremely useful.

My only personal hiccup is that my device won't schedule or add an appointment, but Sprint has agreed to send me a replacement device because they believe it's a software glitch with my device.

S-voice is an app I wish every user would use and discover the benefits of.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

DAS I read your post about your Sprint Note 2 and wondered how S voice performed after you got your new note2 from Sprint. Did it do any better? I have the same problem in that S Voice won't add calendar appointments. Thanks for your time.

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Lmao.. New to this phone and thanks for this thread. Just spoke to the chicky and said "make an appointment today at 5:06 to have a beer".....

Worked perfectly. (new to this svoice thing and found that this will be pretty handy. Especially today at 5:06)

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

ejb1013

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I didnt know S-Voice was capable of all this. Ive just been using it to send calls or text messages while driving. Guess I have some learning to do!!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
If you guys like this try the Google voice search widget. It works so well I leave it on my home screen. You can basically ask it anything.

Sent via Tapatalk

Wendy Odle

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance