Quick glance doesn't work

billy wang

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm not having good luck with the quick glance motion function. I've noticed it doesn't work at all with a case on. Anyone else notice this?

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not having good luck with the quick glance motion function. I've noticed it doesn't work at all with a case on. Anyone else notice this?

Which case are you using? And does it cover up the sensors to the right of the ear speaker?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

billy wang

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a generic plastic case. It does not cover the sensors although the spigen screen protector covers the lower part ever so slightly

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a generic plastic case. It does not cover the sensors although the spigen screen protector covers the lower part ever so slightly

It may be your screen protector? I use quick glance and it works great on my device. I like that I can simply reach for the phone and get some basic information without ever picking the phone up even touching the device.

I do not use a screen protector and my case is more of a back protector against minor bumps and scrapes. Based on your post it sounds like your screen protector is interfering with the sensor.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I eventually turned it off. For starters, it takes way too long to wake up and get the info. Then it goes away so fast you have to do it twice. And it doesn't work in the dark.

The reason I decided turned it off is because I leave the Note 2 on my desk in front of me, and my typing motions kept making quick glance activate. In the end, the feature just isn't useful enough. I could get the same info in a shorter amount of time just by turning the screen on and off manually.

Cool idea, though.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I think you have to have some unviewed text or missed calls for it to work? Just say that because I was trying it without that and it did not work until I had some unread texts. So basically when your blue light is flashing. Also I noticed the phone has to be flat not in your hand?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
No you don't have to have any messages waiting for you. It worked good for me, even in the dark if I remember correctly. Just remember that it has to be sitting on a flat surface for it to work. But I do agree, it takes too long to come up and doesn't stay up long enough, which is why I turned it off.

duenan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
mine doesn't work at all. I have screen protectors but they're not over the sensors. Is there a way to activate them or is there a setting somewhere?

cypawer

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

QG works ok on my device (JB 4.1.2 official).
As I've seen, the phone must be lying. It works even over your stomach ;-)

Slide your finger from the beginning of the speaker, (Medium velocity) and don't stop until you see the blue led blinking.

Tested even in darkness.

I've been using my Note 2 (free) for almost a week and have to say that the only function I miss are the capability of dialing by pressing the headphone's play button while the phone are locked, while I listen music .

Regards

Nor Adila Mohd Shah

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi..everyone. .please help me..mine work at first ...but now it didnt..I had restart. And try some option..its still the same...when I put my palm..the blue led keeps blinking..the quick glance didn't appear....how can I fix it? Why it happen? Anyone please help me .Thanks

Anderas777

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. Some day the quick glance simply stoped working. The problem was gone after I removed the battery for a few seconds.
But if it does not work for you, there is still the Samsung-support. I am sure they know the problem.

Edit: since I wrote this, the quick glance stoped working several times. And I found out that a simple restart ot my Note 2 is enough to make it work again.

Last edited:

rueban

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi i've been having the same problem too. The guick glance was working well. Then it just stopped working. Had to switch off /restart, then it works again. The problem recurs after 2 days or so.
Few points to note:-
1. I did a sensor test no issues at all.
2. My cover/protector does not block the sensor.
3. When I try it on the "quick glance trial" it works well.
4. I've also done a factory reset as a last resort but still doesn't resolve it.
Any solution to this?
I took it to samsung service. They don't see an issue with it as surprisingly it starts working when they try it. How do I then convince them?
Thanks!

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes it's works for me, sometimes not. It got annoying to me coming on when I didn't expect and not coming on when I did. Turned it off. If the LED is flashing I check the phone.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

polyemtgirl

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that it only seems to work when the phone is NOT plugged into the charger. Kind of annoying since I keep it charging at night and thats the time I'm most likely to use the feature =-(

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that it only seems to work when the phone is NOT plugged into the charger. Kind of annoying since I keep it charging at night and thats the time I'm most likely to use the feature =-(

Mine works when plugged into the charger

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11