Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By DAS
  • 1 Post By Cobravision
  • 1 Post By planoman
  • 1 Post By MannyZ28
  • 1 Post By cypawer
  • 1 Post By polyemtgirl
  • 1 Post By iuryleite
  • 1 Post By sejgiul
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Quick glance doesn't work

I'm not having good luck with the quick glance motion function. I've noticed it doesn't work at all with a case on. Anyone else notice this?

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Default Re: Quick glance doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by billy wang View Post
    I'm not having good luck with the quick glance motion function. I've noticed it doesn't work at all with a case on. Anyone else notice this?
    Which case are you using? And does it cover up the sensors to the right of the ear speaker?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm using a generic plastic case. It does not cover the sensors although the spigen screen protector covers the lower part ever so slightly
    DAS

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts

I'm using a generic plastic case. It does not cover the sensors although the spigen screen protector covers the lower part ever so slightly
    It may be your screen protector? I use quick glance and it works great on my device. I like that I can simply reach for the phone and get some basic information without ever picking the phone up even touching the device.

I do not use a screen protector and my case is more of a back protector against minor bumps and scrapes. Based on your post it sounds like your screen protector is interfering with the sensor.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    hummingbirdhill likes this.

I eventually turned it off. For starters, it takes way too long to wake up and get the info. Then it goes away so fast you have to do it twice. And it doesn't work in the dark.

The reason I decided turned it off is because I leave the Note 2 on my desk in front of me, and my typing motions kept making quick glance activate. In the end, the feature just isn't useful enough. I could get the same info in a shorter amount of time just by turning the screen on and off manually.

Cool idea, though.
    universeand likes this.

I think you have to have some unviewed text or missed calls for it to work? Just say that because I was trying it without that and it did not work until I had some unread texts. So basically when your blue light is flashing. Also I noticed the phone has to be flat not in your hand?
    LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Dev Pre, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
    hummingbirdhill likes this.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No you don't have to have any messages waiting for you. It worked good for me, even in the dark if I remember correctly. Just remember that it has to be sitting on a flat surface for it to work. But I do agree, it takes too long to come up and doesn't stay up long enough, which is why I turned it off.
    universeand likes this.

Put phone on a flat surface, wait til screen turn off, put your hand covering sensors and youll get it

Wink Re: Quick glance doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by LuisyDamaris Rodriguez View Post
    Put phone on a flat surface, wait til screen turn off, put your hand covering sensors and youll get it
    I'll try this

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

thanks, that helps but it still doesn't always work.

mine doesn't work at all. I have screen protectors but they're not over the sensors. Is there a way to activate them or is there a setting somewhere?

Go into settings and then motion. It is the first option I believe.

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

Hi Guys,

QG works ok on my device (JB 4.1.2 official).
    As I've seen, the phone must be lying. It works even over your stomach ;-)

Slide your finger from the beginning of the speaker, (Medium velocity) and don't stop until you see the blue led blinking.

Tested even in darkness.

I've been using my Note 2 (free) for almost a week and have to say that the only function I miss are the capability of dialing by pressing the headphone's play button while the phone are locked, while I listen music .

Regards
    MatroxD likes this.

Hi..everyone. .please help me..mine work at first ...but now it didnt..I had restart. And try some option..its still the same...when I put my palm..the blue led keeps blinking..the quick glance didn't appear....how can I fix it? Why it happen? Anyone please help me .Thanks

I had the same problem. Some day the quick glance simply stoped working. The problem was gone after I removed the battery for a few seconds.
    But if it does not work for you, there is still the Samsung-support. I am sure they know the problem.

Edit: since I wrote this, the quick glance stoped working several times. And I found out that a simple restart ot my Note 2 is enough to make it work again.
    Last edited by Anderas777; 04-03-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Hi i've been having the same problem too. The guick glance was working well. Then it just stopped working. Had to switch off /restart, then it works again. The problem recurs after 2 days or so.
    Few points to note:-
    1. I did a sensor test no issues at all.
    2. My cover/protector does not block the sensor.
    3. When I try it on the "quick glance trial" it works well.
    4. I've also done a factory reset as a last resort but still doesn't resolve it.
    Any solution to this?
    I took it to samsung service. They don't see an issue with it as surprisingly it starts working when they try it. How do I then convince them?
    Thanks!

Sometimes it's works for me, sometimes not. It got annoying to me coming on when I didn't expect and not coming on when I did. Turned it off. If the LED is flashing I check the phone.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast
    Ridin' a Note 2 blast

Which means it's normal!? Guess I'll just have to switch it off too.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

I've noticed that it only seems to work when the phone is NOT plugged into the charger. Kind of annoying since I keep it charging at night and thats the time I'm most likely to use the feature =-(

Quote Originally Posted by polyemtgirl View Post
    I've noticed that it only seems to work when the phone is NOT plugged into the charger. Kind of annoying since I keep it charging at night and thats the time I'm most likely to use the feature =-(
    Mine works when plugged into the charger

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Mine works when plugged into the charger

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Mine started working plugged in after I got the software update the other day!
    met.watts likes this.

first of all, sorry for my bad english.
    Have you already make it work?
    I solved my problem this way: I had a task killer working in my cell, and when I disabled that, "quick glance" started working properly.
    try it. good luck
    Thanked by:
    Marc Rovy likes this.

I had the same problem. As for me, I noticed that it works when your mobile data or wifi connection ISN'T ON. For starters it would work, but after some time it would stop working again. The blue LED just keeps on blinking but doesn't light up my screen. And when that happens, even when I try to turn off 'motion' or uncheck 'quick glance' from the 'motion' menu, the blue LED still keeps on blinking when it senses motion. I guess everyone is having the same problem huh.
    Last edited by Marc Rovy; 07-04-2013 at 03:10 AM.

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts

Check to make sure the process "glanceviewmk" is running and that it isn't killed by task killers (which you shouldn't use anyway!).

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Thanked by:
    Marc Rovy likes this.

These guys here are correct. Disable task killer or find one that doesn't kill quick glance. Mine is working now.