Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: Movies go internally only!

You don't have to root it. DRM free material, movies and music, work fine from the microSD card. I'm going to go that way since the movie industry has let us down with what they provide. I'm only going to copy movies I own.

By the way, there is another surprise. The digital copy ultraviolet discs did you get with a blue ray disc nowadays only gives you a low resolution movie, 720 x 480. I want full 720 P, which happens to be 1280 X 720 pixels, just the size of our note 2 screen. The only way to get that is to use a blue ray reader and Blu ray reading software.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Default Movies go internally only!

So why are the google play movies DRM if we buy them outright? Is there a source online that one can buy DRM free movies?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Thank your lawmakers for one and the individual (and collective) studios and labels for that. It is not a Google thing outside of the fact that they had to comply with the demands or not have download able media.

No you are not going to find drm free media on the net for sale. That would defeat the purpose of drm altogether.

That being g said, I hear of Grey markets on the Web that have them..

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

OK Thanks. I was originally figuring to use my Note2, when I get it, to load and play movies on when we go on long trips but I see now that would not work. Unless I transfer and move files between the internal memory and SD card. I keep hearing and reading about the 32gb unit coming to the US eventually but I really didn't want to wait that long for it. I guess though I'm going to just reupgrade my Arrive back to the 32gb card like I did before and keep using it for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmcd348 View Post
    I was originally figuring to use my Note2, when I get it, to load and play movies on when we go on long trips but I see now that would not work. Unless I transfer and move files between the internal memory and SD card.
    There's something I hadn't thought of, that perhaps you more experienced android folk might be able to confirm. If a person put movies on the microSD card, would it be possible, on the go through file manager, to swap a movie from the SD card to the internal memory, watch it, then move it back to the SD card?

Use MovieBrowserUPnP, it uses the stock standard player but will play from movies stored on the SSD. And the rule is, as is the same with Apple, buy the CD or DVD and rip it yourself, if you buy online and download don't expect to actually own your purchase.

WarrenH
    Thanked by:
    ipaulr 

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRockit View Post
    There's something I hadn't thought of, that perhaps you more experienced android folk might be able to confirm. If a person put movies on the microSD card, would it be possible, on the go through file manager, to swap a movie from the SD card to the internal memory, watch it, then move it back to the SD card?
    No need for that. You can just watch it directly from the microSD card. You just can't move a movie you purchase from internal to external microSD.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Not so good if your on airplane.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Marketplace purchases, from the play store, are always only put on the internal sd, with DRM, as are digital copy RIPs. Further, they can only be watched from the internal sd.

However, you can copy them or move them to the external SD card, or to any external memory such as on your PC. Later you can move them back to internal memory sd, and watch them again. File managers, such as ES File Explorer, can do this.

It is a little messy as you have to figure out where the files are stored. File naming is not intuitive. The file name does not have the name of the movie in it. The movie also seems to be split into files in 2 different subdirectories. But if you're careful you can do this.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

I tried MovieBrowserHD with movies purchased from the marketplace and moved to the external SD. It didn't work.

I just download movies on my computer through torrents and put them on my sd card. You can actually dl torrents on your phone using Ttorrent and ,pirate bay apps.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Instructions on how to use torrents on your phone.

1. Download Ttorrent from play store.
    2. Download Pirate Bay from play store.
    3. Use Pirate Bay to download the torrent file, once you click download it should prompt Ttorrent to access and download the file.
    4. Once it downloads, use a file explorer app like astro to movie the file to the ext or when you use Ttorrent, select the directory from a folder on your sd card.

Thanked by:
    ipaulr 

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Buy the movie from Google. Then delete it and download the torrent. Everyone wins.

Purchasing a DVD and ripping it to store on the SD card sounds like the way to go. What is the best product for ripping? I've had problems with VLC Media.

Quote Originally Posted by tmroz View Post
    Purchasing a DVD and ripping it to store on the SD card sounds like the way to go. What is the best product for ripping? I've had problems with VLC Media.
    Dvd catalyst

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Thanks! I just started doing this. Got a couple. Using the paid to ttorrent works, but can't select the external sd for download. So moving after download.

Very cool!

Global Posts
    4,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Wow....this is a royal pain in the ****! I noticed all this Ultraviolet talk on the Blu Rays I bought recently, so I figured, lets try it out, after all, it says you can watch it on any device and even copy it to a sd card. What a bunch of bull! First movie was Expendables 2. Went to the movieredeem.com site where I promptly had to not only sign up with Ultraviolet, but also for Vudu. After all that was done I redeemed the movie with my code and tried to download it. It tells me that my computer doesn't have a HDCP compatible device installed....yay!! WTF?? How am I going to watch it on my computer if my monitor infringes copy right laws??? So I figure, lets do this from my phone. Going to the same website, I don't even have the option to download it from there. It shows me that I own the movie, but the option I saw on my computer that let me try to download the movie is missing. I try to add my phone as a device, but of course, the only devices listed there are blu ray players, ipad, and roku boxes or the xbox 360. I have an Xbox 360, but I also have the actual disk, why would I stream the stupid thing if I can just put it in my blu ray player. Ok..so forgetting about that movie, I go on to Project X. Don't judge me, it was cheap at 3.99 and there's some fun moments and T&A in that movie....anyways..for this stupid thing you have to also have a Flixster account along with the ultraviolet account.....you're kidding, right? So fine....add another account...grrr. Next I run the Flixster app form my phone and low and behold, it lets me download it. Of course I get the warning message telling me how much room my INTERNAL memory will have left after I download it. Screw it, I hit the download button and see what happens. I get a download notification, but no location for where this thing is going is evident. After the download is complete I click on Watch Movie. It says "initializing" for 2 seconds and then disappears and nothing happens. So I can't even watch this stupid movie taking up room on my valuable internal storage!

I feel cheated! This digital copy stuff is bullcrap!

I am just sticking to streaming netflix, I am tired of even trying anything else.

What a waste of time this was.
    Thanked by:
    ipaulr 
    Markster1 and ipaulr like this.

Yep, screw actually buying content anymore when you can't access or use it the way you want.

The Nottinator

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

I plan on rooting and using the hack that fools the device onto thinking the SD card is actually the internal memory.

Sent from my BNRV200 using Tapatalk 2
    Rocking the Galaxy Note 2. Rooted and De-Bloated. Take that VZW!!

Quote Originally Posted by ipaulr View Post
    You don't have to root it. DRM free material, movies and music, work fine from the microSD card. I'm going to go that way since the movie industry has let us down with what they provide. I'm only going to copy movies I own.

By the way, there is another surprise. The digital copy ultraviolet discs did you get with a blue ray disc nowadays only gives you a low resolution movie, 720 x 480. I want full 720 P, which happens to be 1280 X 720 pixels, just the size of our note 2 screen. The only way to get that is to use a blue ray reader and Blu ray reading software.

Im surprised, with all the "High End Reviewers" and there was loads of info about the Note2 and JellyBean,prior to them being available retail, to the best of my knowledge, no one said beanie wackies about all this stuff. Im shocked that no one mentioned anything about the restrictions placed on the SD card. Moving apps, movies and music to your SD card wasnt a problem prior to Jelly Bean.
    I dont want to root, I dont want to start up with AT&T, and above all I dont want to lose my warranty for doing so.
    Thanked by:
    ipaulr 
    ipaulr and Keegen like this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12