Cracked the screen...

mm625

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone. Unfortunately, my first post on Android Central is related to two small cracks in the glass of my two day old GNII. I let my brother hold it so he could see if it fit in his pocket (it did!), but on its way out he dropped it on the floor. Thankfully, the cracks are quite small and do not web into the screen, and are actually not very prominent. However, since he has offered to pay for the replacement I have decided to look into getting the glass replaced. A local shop that generally fixes iPhone glass quoted me $250, and at that price I would rather just go have him buy me a Nexus 4 lol. This seems pretty exorbitant given that is around what Apple charges to replace the glass, and they tend to overprice everything. Does Samsung replace the glass screens for a fee? I would feel better getting it replaced through them rather than a third party.

Thanks for the help!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
The $250 price quote to replace the glass is fairly reasonable from my experience.

I work in Dallas, TX and the gentleman who repaired my iPhone 4s screen told me the Samsung screens are expensive to replace.

This was about 3 months ago and he wS quoting $250 as the replacement price for the screen on my GALAXY S3. I figure the Note 2 would be more.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The $250 price quote to replace the glass is fairly reasonable from my experience.

I work in Dallas, TX and the gentleman who repaired my iPhone 4s screen told me the Samsung screens are expensive to replace.

This was about 3 months ago and he wS quoting $250 as the replacement price for the screen on my GALAXY S3. I figure the Note 2 would be more.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

This is what I have been quoted also. Your repair guy is probably not too far off in his pricing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
You didn't have a case on it?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781