- 30 Posts
Cracked the screen...
Hey everyone. Unfortunately, my first post on Android Central is related to two small cracks in the glass of my two day old GNII. I let my brother hold it so he could see if it fit in his pocket (it did!), but on its way out he dropped it on the floor. Thankfully, the cracks are quite small and do not web into the screen, and are actually not very prominent. However, since he has offered to pay for the replacement I have decided to look into getting the glass replaced. A local shop that generally fixes iPhone glass quoted me $250, and at that price I would rather just go have him buy me a Nexus 4 lol. This seems pretty exorbitant given that is around what Apple charges to replace the glass, and they tend to overprice everything. Does Samsung replace the glass screens for a fee? I would feel better getting it replaced through them rather than a third party.
Thanks for the help!
- 11-22-2012, 05:18 PM #2
Re: Cracked the screen...
The $250 price quote to replace the glass is fairly reasonable from my experience.
I work in Dallas, TX and the gentleman who repaired my iPhone 4s screen told me the Samsung screens are expensive to replace.
This was about 3 months ago and he wS quoting $250 as the replacement price for the screen on my GALAXY S3. I figure the Note 2 would be more.
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
- 11-22-2012, 05:29 PM #3
- 11-22-2012, 05:37 PM #4
- By aatriana in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 12Last Post: 06-27-2011, 11:20 AM
- By chaosrecords in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 17Last Post: 08-09-2010, 10:17 PM
- By greydarrah in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 07-15-2010, 11:42 AM
- By KSmithInNY in forum HTC HeroReplies: 73Last Post: 04-26-2010, 08:37 PM
- By DougFNJ in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 14Last Post: 11-07-2009, 12:56 AM