So where can we get the genuine OEM SN2 wall chargers / car chargers?

CRSO

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Seems like every aftermarket charger is aimed toward crapple and ramps down the amperage. All of my 2.0 amp chargers are useless as I just switched from the iphone. I cannot find the one that came with the GN2 (the white eta-u90jwe) anywhere.

What are the proven 2A 5V chargers that everyone is using?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Seems like every aftermarket charger is aimed toward crapple and ramps down the amperage. All of my 2.0 amp chargers are useless as I just switched from the iphone. I cannot find the one that came with the GN2 (the white eta-u90jwe) anywhere.

What are the proven 2A 5V chargers that everyone is using?

I actually use the charger from my Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. It charges the Note 2 just fine.

I haven't even removed the Note 2 charger from the box.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've seen oem note 2 chargers on amazon... or try mobilecityonline

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

CRSO

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
This is it? I've read almost every forum everywhere and there isn't an off the shelf 2A or half decent android charger out there? Every charger or cable needs a mod...

drum747

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Some people are trying this one (says OEM) but I am waiting for a report, I hate when sellers items are private and you can't see the feedback but 50 have been sold. It might be worth a try:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...e=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This isn't OEM but it is 2A. It is on AT&T's website for the N2. I bought it and it is even in AT&T's retail packaging. There is a code for a discount. I will see if I can find it but I think it is "springdeal" for 15% off:
http://www.wirelessground.com/attz9usbcar.html#.ULEDSRpZ5e0

Also it is my understanding that if you buy a charge only cable that has the pins shorted you may be able to use your current chargers or any charger that is 2.1A. Without the cable it appears they will only charge the N2 at .5A or1A (at least that's what has been reported)
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...149487?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item20c55cd76f

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
This won't help those who want something to take with them on trips, business, etc.... But for those of us who need something to use at home.............

You can click the photo to go to the website (it's thinkgeek.com) I have installed one of these at home and plan on buying a few more. They are quite handy. 2.1 amp max output per port. Various home improvement stores also have them but you have to make sure what the amperage is to make sure it will give you the juice you want. Really de-clutters our kitchen counter.

CRSO

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
This won't help those who want something to take with them on trips, business, etc.... But for those of us who need something to use at home.............
[url]http://a.tgcdn.net/images/products/frontsquare/e81a_u_socket_wall_outlets.jpg[/URL]

Great idea but 30 schmears???
You can click the photo to go to the website (it's thinkgeek.com) I have installed one of these at home and plan on buying a few more. They are quite handy. 2.1 amp max output per port. Various home improvement stores also have them but you have to make sure what the amperage is to make sure it will give you the juice you want. Really de-clutters our kitchen counter.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people are trying this one (says OEM) but I am waiting for a report, I hate when sellers items are private and you can't see the feedback but 50 have been sold. It might be worth a try:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...e=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thank you

This isn't OEM but it is 2A. It is on AT&T's website for the N2. I bought it and it is even in AT&T's retail packaging. There is a code for a discount. I will see if I can find it but I think it is "springdeal" for 15% off:
http://www.wirelessground.com/attz9usbcar.html#.ULEDSRpZ5e0

Also it is my understanding that if you buy a charge only cable that has the pins shorted you may be able to use your current chargers or any charger that is 2.1A. Without the cable it appears they will only charge the N2 at 1A (at least that's what has been reported)
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...149487?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item20c55cd76f

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a couple 2.1 amp chargers for iPad that aren't apple but they charge the note 2 and ipad just fine. Nothing special about the charger once it is rated up over 2A. I got several from monoprice.

drum747

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Max, I'm curious. How fast do they charge the phone as compared to the OEM cable? There are numerous threads on other forums that talk about how those Apple chargers might work but are limited to 500ma because of the way the Apple cables are set up. This is why you either have to short the USB cable in order to fool the charger/phone or get a dedicated "charge only" USB cable. Charging with a wall charger at home is one thing because you might charge overnight and not really care if it take 5 hours when it might only take 2.5 hrs with the OEM. The problem comes in the car with the Apple chargers because if you are running GPS and streaming music the charger may not keep up and will either remain flat or could even lose charge and your phone ends up dead. Any input on speed of charge for your charger? Thanks

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't say, never had a reason to charge the phone in the daytime. Right now looking at 11 hours 20 minutes and 64% charge. Worst day I have seen was a little over 17 hours with lots of use and wound up at 29% with the day done.

drum747

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty awesome to hear. I can't wait to get my phone as soon as Verizon decides to ship! Thanks

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
This phone by far has the best battery life of any smart phone I have ever had*, I turned off the battery percent in the titlebar and everything. Just don't worry about it.

If you are into games or something that is CPU heavy I'm sure that quad core can eat up some battery. Otherwise the power savings and big battery add up to being happy.

* except blackberry but IMO that isn't a smart phone.

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...r-chargers-proper-ones-few-far-between-3.html

Here is a discussion about car chargers. I have the Qidmax (spelling) dual 2.1/5 watt charger listed on page 2 somewhere and it works great. I used the OEM charging cable that came with my phone and it would charge while using navigation and charging my wife's GS3 on the other port. I need to test it with a different charging/sync cable (another samsung OEM cable, but it came with the GS2 or GS3, can't remember which).

CRSO

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Here is an update to what I did..

After a ton of research, I'm not interested in modding anything.

The absolute best options are as follows:

Car charger: ATT branded charger that was listed in an earlier post in this thread.

Home / travel charger: the white one that comes with our phones that's listed on eBay. Miao20122miao is the seller.

Now I can move on with my life....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Here is an update to what I did..

After a ton of research, I'm not interested in modding anything.

The absolute best options are as follows:

Car charger: ATT branded charger that was listed in an earlier post in this thread.

Home / travel charger: the white one that comes with our phones that's listed on eBay. Miao20122miao is the seller.

Now I can move on with my life....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Yes now you can move on !! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol