Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stock Email App unable to connect to server?

My wife and I have both experienced this issue. With the stock email app, I input all the proper settings (POP3) directly provided by my email provider. Yet after setting it up, when the GN2 attempts to connect, it immediately comes up with a "Unable to connect to server" error. I use the exact same settings on my laptop and it works flawlessly. I tried one email app from the play store (K9), used the same settings, and it worked for receiving email, but same error when it came to sending. What am I missing?

Default Re: Stock Email App unable to connect to server?

Try turning SSL off

WarrenH

Default Re: Stock Email App unable to connect to server?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRockit View Post
    My wife and I have both experienced this issue. With the stock email app, I input all the proper settings (POP3) directly provided by my email provider. Yet after setting it up, when the GN2 attempts to connect, it immediately comes up with a "Unable to connect to server" error. I use the exact same settings on my laptop and it works flawlessly. I tried one email app from the play store (K9), used the same settings, and it worked for receiving email, but same error when it came to sending. What am I missing?
    Who is your email provider? My email provider is at&t and I initially had the same prob you are having. Finally, much as I hated to do so, I called at&t tech support; the phone rep told me all sorts of stuff but she was correct on only one item (the name of the inbound email server)---so I could at least receive email. Somehow, after brain-aching for awhile, I was able to guess the name of the outbound email server---which of course enabled my sending email.

Really strange stuff. For years, I've used the identical server names on my mobile phone that I use on my puters and tablets. Plumb WEIRD.

Hope this helps you in some way.
    hummingbirdhill
    2ENCOREd 'n' 4NOTEd