Does samsung galaxy note 2 has gorilla glass..?

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the international version. Lol.

Damn, from the 139 pages of that manual that was the only new thing I learned (the rest I already got from youtube or figured out on my own) and now I'm not even sure it's true. Hahaha I feel cheated. Oh well I hate screen protectors anyway. I have faith in Gorilla Glass. And in my flip case. :D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I think all the new smartphones use gorilla glass. Version 2 is now being used, 30% thinner and allegedly the same strength

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Alikoyyy, I too had faith in the gorilla glass... til I had 3 scratches in my s3... it can/ is apparently very easy for scratches

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Alikoyyy, I too had faith in the gorilla glass... til I had 3 scratches in my s3... it can/ is apparently very easy for scratches

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

I guess anything short of a diamond display can be scratched. I've never scratched any of my previous displays though. Then again I never put phones in my pockets either. :) If you do though then I suppose a screen protector is prudent. I heard the particles of dirt, sand etc that accumulate in pockets can contain small pieces of diamond, quartz etc that can really damage screens.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Thai69

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Spent 2 weeks sans protector when I first got my N2. 2 nerve racking weeks. lol.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Pawan781984

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I spoke with the Samsung technical support person on live chat and he confirmed that Samsung Note 2 has a Gorilla Glass on it. However, they do not have this information provided on the website. Thanks

Truth Injector

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Oh, because the glass is so strong not even a gorilla could hurt it. I thought it was called gorilla glass because it was made with real pieces of gorilla :D
Yes, exactly. Most people don't like to talk about this fact. Gorilla Glass 2 is thinner but contains more pulverized dehydrated gorrilla per cubic centimeter than Gorilla Glass 1 does. Some people have claimed they heard a very faint gorilla growl in the middle of the night even when the phone is in airplane mode-- some see an apparition of a gorilla with glowing eyes appear if only for a few moments, on the phone's screen. Middle of the night gorilla teeth mark bites are much less common.

Seriously- the phones are scratch proof from things like metal keys but it might be that a piece of glass or sand, jewels, crystals etc(harder than metal so hence more apt to scratch) could possibly scratch the surface. It could also be that the manufacturing process is not perfect so in which case you have some glass come out that cannot be scratched with keys and other metal objects but other glasses can. The box of Note 2 and S3 both say they have Gorilla Glass 2 on them- the case is so badly made on the S3 that even if you drop it from a small distance you can shatter the glass-- the Note 2 is much stronger but it has been proven - with good cases that protect the phones all corners/edges and absorb the shock with hard plastic and rubbery material is best you will greatly decrease a shattered glass incident risk(costs 240 just to replace the glass- we should have a class action suit for this- I have been careful from day one so hence no scratches or cracks but they don't even warn you at the phone store that if it slips and falls without a case, even a matter of inches it can crack the screen). Also note that by adding the stick on plastic screen protectors they seem to absorb the shockwave that would otherwise crack the glass and thus prevent the screens from stattering even on their own without a case-- however the best way to go is a good case-- some with a flip-closed cover or similer to cover the screen (that is optional which may provide an extra layer of protection but doesn't appear to be essential)-- add the case together with a plastic stick-on screen protector and you get the best protection from a scratched, shattered or cracked screen.

Last edited:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I have always had a case on my phones, but no screen protectors. Haven't had a scratch yet. Knock on wood. My daughter has already dropped my phone a couple of times on hard concrete from about 3-4 feet. Not a scratch on it.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

John Celestin1

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Well,I got good news and bad news pertaining to the screen protector if you really want to know. So which one you want first the bad or the good news. Ill tell you what, you do need a screen protector and I found it. The screen protector is t-glass just like the iphone, real glass for the note2 and thats the good news. Now the bad news is that its expensive and you can get it from across sea, so if you want 1 you better try and link up...:)

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Cheap matte screen protector (offered off eBay, pack of 3 for like $1.19 with free shipping. S pen works fine and it looks good to me so...

Glass of every variety is easily scratched by sand... know why? Glass is made from sand.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

tkfisher

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I still don't understand the reasons behind not using a screen protector. Is it not only liking the feel of them? I guess it's personal preference in the end. I've had no issues with the spen at all using the Mobc ones from amazon. Feels fine and I figure it helps resale value down the road as well. Personally, it doesn't matter what kind of glass my phones will have, I always go under the assumption that it will scratch at some point.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

JeffR714

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Same here I always use the Otterbox Defender case and I rip the screen protector out
I don't like the way the resolution gets compromised I too have never cracked a screen. I guess I'm on guard when it comes to my devices

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes, exactly. Most people don't like to talk about this fact. Gorilla Glass 2 is thinner but contains more pulverized dehydrated gorrilla per cubic centimeter than Gorilla Glass 1 does. Some people have claimed they heard a very faint gorilla growl in the middle of the night even when the phone is in airplane mode-- some see an apparition of a gorilla with glowing eyes appear if only for a few moments, on the phone's screen. Middle of the night gorilla teeth mark bites are much less common.

Seriously- the phones are scratch proof from things like metal keys but it might be that a piece of glass or sand, jewels, crystals etc(harder than metal so hence more apt to scratch) could possibly scratch the surface. It could also be that the manufacturing process is not perfect so in which case you have some glass come out that cannot be scratched with keys and other metal objects but other glasses can. The box of Note 2 and S3 both say they have Gorilla Glass 2 on them- the case is so badly made on the S3 that even if you drop it from a small distance you can shatter the glass-- the Note 2 is much stronger but it has been proven - with good cases that protect the phones all corners/edges and absorb the shock with hard plastic and rubbery material is best you will greatly decrease a shattered glass incident risk(costs 240 just to replace the glass- we should have a class action suit for this- I have been careful from day one so hence no scratches or cracks but they don't even warn you at the phone store that if it slips and falls without a case, even a matter of inches it can crack the screen). Also note that by adding the stick on plastic screen protectors they seem to absorb the shockwave that would otherwise crack the glass and thus prevent the screens from stattering even on their own without a case-- however the best way to go is a good case-- some with a flip-closed cover or similer to cover the screen (that is optional which may provide an extra layer of protection but doesn't appear to be essential)-- add the case together with a plastic stick-on screen protector and you get the best protection from a scratched, shattered or cracked screen.

Attachments

• Promo_Fossey.jpg
    Promo_Fossey.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 157

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Everyone that has a note 2 should definitely invest in a belt clip or a pouch..never stick this gorgeous device in a pants pocket.

Sent from my amazing HTC

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Everyone that has a note 2 should definitely invest in a belt clip or a pouch..never stick this gorgeous device in a pants pocket.

Sent from my amazing HTC

Or a pocket pouch of sorts. Or even a Flip Cover.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Airhead Xargon

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm extremely anal about scratches on my screen so if I managed to scratch the glass I would be ultra ticked off. HTC has a good protector with all the bells and whistles and even when it gets scratched you can hardly tell. The matte finish interferes with the mobility of the s pen a bit but after you get some oil on it it slides like butter. The fingerprint resistance is fantastic so even when it has oil you cant tell. The pen doesnt scratch the protector enough to show up unless you hold it up to a light and tilt it sideways but those will buff out with a cloth and some screen clean. I've been using it for about 4 months now and I finally need to replace it with the extra that came in the pack. Normal people would keep using it but I managed to scratch it in my pocket and this one solitary scratch is driving me bonkers. I invested in a pouch and a stand case so it doesn't happen again. I was going to get a flip case but it would fit very awkward in my cradle.

Grotesque Angel

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
in the specs note 2 have gorilla glass , but u should take screen protector , i been used galaxy s 1 for 2 years without no screen protectors and after 2 years i had 1 little almost unseen scractch , on my note 2 after using 2 weeks with flip cover and no drops or somethin already few light scratches . so i recomend u to take tempered glass or at least some cheap film covers ;)