Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does samsung galaxy note 2 has gorilla glass..?

Does samsung galaxy note 2 has gorilla glass..?

or is samsung galaxy note 2 is scratch proof?

Regards,
    Palak

Default Re: Does samsung galaxy note 2 has gorilla glass..?

Here you go!

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Ive had it in my pocket wih no screen protector for about a month now and now have two small scratches
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Those videos are a joke. If folks still fall for them I don't now what to tell you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Palaksha Kotian View Post
    Does samsung galaxy note 2 has gorilla glass..?

or is samsung galaxy note 2 is scratch proof?

Regards,
    Palak
    It is my understanding the Note 2 has gorilla glass, however, that doesn't mean care should not be taken when using or carrying the device. I do not use screen protectors, and I use the most minimalist case I can find. To date, I have never scratched or cracked a screen on any device I've owned.

But then again, I carry a microfiber cloth with me all the time to keep the screen clear of dust and massive finger prints, I don't throw my device around onto the table or in the car like it's a set of keys, and I do not allow my kids to use my device to play games (they have their own cheap little Galaxy Players for that). In other words, I paid $650 for my device (I always buy off contract) and it's not a toy.

If you take care of the device it will last a long time, and barring the unforeseen, which would truly be an accident and covered by insurance, in my opinion you should be okay.

Now that I think about it, it's probably one of the reasons I don't carry my device in my pocket. I've heard that small dust or sand particals can rub against the screen, while in your pocket, and create hairline scratches. For carrying around during the day I personally use a belt clip pouch that is used exclusively for the Note 2.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Waiting for root in Japan

The only way to truly tell is to go to the local zoo and pass your device to a Gorilla. Steal a few of his bananas and then see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Barker View Post
    The only way to truly tell is to go to the local zoo and pass your device to a Gorilla. Steal a few of his bananas and then see what happens.
    Oh, because the glass is so strong not even a gorilla could hurt it. I thought it was called gorilla glass because it was made with real pieces of gorilla
    Thanked by:
    JanWB 

ROM
    Waiting for root in Japan

I do hope not. I'd hate to think that I'm swiping up and down on a gorilla's face, or worse!
    supermarkyo likes this.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I believe its gorilla glass 2. Just like what iphone 5 has.

Just got my note 2 yesterday. So u should I get a screen protector? Does the screen protector affect the using of the s pen ?

Sent using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by executiveg View Post
    Just got my note 2 yesterday. So u should I get a screen protector? Does the screen protector affect the using of the s pen ?

Sent using Android Central Forums
    The Samsung manual said not to put a screen protector so maybe they were thinking it might interfere with the S Pen. BUT I did have a screen protector on for a while and I didn't have any problems with use of the pen.

Removed it though. The S pen scratches the protector (of course that was a cheap one) and all those tiny lines on my screen annoyed me. I have the samsung flip cover anyway to somehow protect the screen when in my bag.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by alikoyyy View Post
    The Samsung manual said not to put a screen protector so maybe they were thinking it might interfere with the S Pen. BUT I did have a screen protector on for a while and I didn't have any problems with use of the pen.

Removed it though. The S pen scratches the protector (of course that was a cheap one) and all those tiny lines on my screen annoyed me. I have the samsung flip cover anyway to somehow protect the screen when in my bag.

thanks for the good info.
    How long you had your phone? Any scrathes yet?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

For those thinking about not using any screen protectors, look what happened to my GN2 after only 3 days...

I already got scratches on my screen!!

I've had my Note II for three weeks; it has no scratches. I never use screen protectors.

(I treat my digitalia like DAS does.)
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sh3ngLong View Post
    For those thinking about not using any screen protectors, look what happened to my GN2 after only 3 days...

I already got scratches on my screen!!
    How did it happen? From what?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

5 weeks. 3 weeks without screen protector, 1 week with (came with the TPU case), and now one week without. No scratches yet. Granted, I don't put it in my pockets (if sand and other debris are the culprit then im thinking that's where the screen is likely to get scratched plus it wouldn't fit even if I tried lol) but I do just throw it in my bag at times.

It does have gorilla glass 2. I just re read my owners manual that came in the box, mine says to use one. Not sure why, although I have a zagg... which seems like most people have problems with but I dont experience any other than one spot where I pressed to hard on the phone while using it...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jayp1306 View Post
    It does have gorilla glass 2. I just re read my owners manual that came in the box, mine says to use one. Not sure why, although I have a zagg... which seems like most people have problems with but I dont experience any other than one spot where I pressed to hard on the phone while using it...

Manuals that say diff things, now that's cray. Didn't Sammy make all these manuals, US or International?

Does samsung galaxy note 2 has gorilla glass..?-uploadfromtaptalk1354397500997.jpg

Mines a US, TMO version... I'm hunting down my manual now lol

Jay Sacks likes this.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Does samsung galaxy note 2 has gorilla glass..?-uploadfromtaptalk1354458727080.jpg  

I have the international version. Lol.

Damn, from the 139 pages of that manual that was the only new thing I learned (the rest I already got from youtube or figured out on my own) and now I'm not even sure it's true. Hahaha I feel cheated. Oh well I hate screen protectors anyway. I have faith in Gorilla Glass. And in my flip case.

Thanked by:
    TJB 

I think all the new smartphones use gorilla glass. Version 2 is now being used, 30% thinner and allegedly the same strength

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Razr ics rooted

Alikoyyy, I too had faith in the gorilla glass... til I had 3 scratches in my s3... it can/ is apparently very easy for scratches

Quote Originally Posted by jayp1306 View Post
    Alikoyyy, I too had faith in the gorilla glass... til I had 3 scratches in my s3... it can/ is apparently very easy for scratches

I guess anything short of a diamond display can be scratched. I've never scratched any of my previous displays though. Then again I never put phones in my pockets either. If you do though then I suppose a screen protector is prudent. I heard the particles of dirt, sand etc that accumulate in pockets can contain small pieces of diamond, quartz etc that can really damage screens.

Spent 2 weeks sans protector when I first got my N2. 2 nerve racking weeks. lol.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast