Confused Note 7100 or the LTE 7105?

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

Can you help me at all

I am getting a Note 2 for xmas from my wife and her parents but I am confused as which one to get. I live in the UK and can get a 3G or an LTE version for the same price handset only at ?459 from Phones 4 U now I know the LTE is probably the one to get isn't it? But the LTE is locked to t mobile and will need unlocking so my question is can I get this phone unlocked easily and not costing me much to unlock it and can it be unlocked easily and with no side effects?

As 4G isn't coming to the UK for a while is it better for resale having an LTE rather than a 3G version, also I have read that the battery charge life on the LTE is shorter than the 3G is this true?

Any help is much appreciated as I need to get this bought probably next week!

Thanks

Andy

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
IMO get the unlocked 3G version, it works best on the networks you will be using it on. It will get updates faster as well. Even unlocked if it is like in the US the LTE likely won't work on other carriers. Maybe the EU will have something to do with fixing that.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
IMO get the unlocked 3G version, it works best on the networks you will be using it on. It will get updates faster as well. Even unlocked if it is like in the US the LTE likely won't work on other carriers. Maybe the EU will have something to do with fixing that.

Thanks for your reply I was just thinking about when I came to selling the phone that the LTE version would be more desirable? Of course I would have to get it unlocked and wouldn't be using the LTE/4G features I am happy to get the 3G version. It is so confusing knowing what to buy :)

Andy

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree and of course the note 2 is the phone I want it's just that LTE versus the 3G choice for the same price, but with the hassle of getting the LTE unlocked!

Leon Roberts

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
There isn't much Hassle in getting the phone unlocked, You can get tips on Unlocking that device on this very website. The LTE will come in handy in the future the UK is undergoing a major 4G network evolution and when its time to sell your device it will fetch a right nice resell value.