Are SDXC cards compatible with the GN2?

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Did some reading and SDXC uses the exFAT file system (Microsoft and Sony?) that is most likely not compatible with many older SD and SDHC systems. Just wondering if the Note II is compatible? I'm guessing not but if it is, that would open up more storage options. (I saw a 64GB SDXC card on Amazon for $42).

ipaulr

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
It is. I got a SanDisk 64 gigabyte SDXC card. Installed it right out of the box. Works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

TrueBlueKew

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Could you share what the installation/format process is for this? I hopped on the sale this weekend (as appears did several others) and have the following SDXC coming this week:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009QZH6JS...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2364079

Is it as simple as popping it into the phone and formatting exFAT, or do I need to somehow format on my computer?

I've always just popped my sd card in my phone/camera and chose to format there, and don't yet have an understanding outside of that experience.

Many thanks in advance.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I ditched the order for the 64gig ultra and ordered a SanDisk Extreme 32 gig SDHC Class 10, UHS-1 45 MB/s card instead, from Amazon.com. Will this work okay?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I believe Android default formats to fat32. Stick the card into your Vista or higher PC and choose exfat in the format options. The phone reads it without a problem.