Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GMJeff
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default customizing text tone in addition to ring tone for each contact?

I see that you can change/customize the ringtone for each contact that calls you but can you change the text tone as well?

thanks

Default Re: customizing text tone in addition to ring tone for each contact?

I've never seen the ability to change text message tones for each person but I'll see if it can be done from the zedge app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nope does not appear to be a way to set individual notification tones. Perhaps a third party app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Go sms let's you

Sent from my Red GS3

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Go sms let's you

Sent from my Red GS3
    Yep, you beat me to it. Love GO SMS. Used to like Handcent but I think GO is better now. It lets you do things for free that Handcent wants to charge you for.

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldthor View Post
    Yep, you beat me to it. Love GO SMS. Used to like Handcent but I think GO is better now. It lets you do things for free that Handcent wants to charge you for.
    Yea I do too I run it basic mode get rid of all the excess stuff tho

Sent from my Red GS3

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

On my note 2 I can change ringtones and notification tones for individual contacts without a secondary app.

Just pick a contact from your contacts list and scroll down toward the bottom of the list. There you will find the option to change the ringtone for the selected contact and the notification tone for them as well.

At least on my at&t note 2 that is how I can do it, and I am running stock from the box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    chaze8 likes this.

Angry Re: customizing text tone in addition to ring tone for each contact?

Hi I have to agree, you can change the email notification tone in just they way you would change the ringtone for each contact. This is true on my friends Note 2. However on my Note 2 you can't. I am running the same version of the latest android software update and we are both using stock from Samsung for our sms application. I don't understand why he gets an added set of options at the bottom of his edit contact page and I don't.

Both UK Handsets
    One on T-mobile (mine)
    His on 3 mobile

Any ideas please as this is frustrating to say the least.

Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

T mobile uk may not have added the feature yet... It just became available recently on my sprint note 2

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Got it
    Last edited by kryerone; 03-27-2013 at 01:22 AM.

How did u get it to work on your sprint note 2 it wont on mine it plays default even if I choose a different one on an individual contact?

I have sprint and my option is there but doesn't work either. Just plays the default even if I change it in the contact

I have the option of customizing the ring tone and text tone for each contact on my Note 2. My problem is that the tone I chose plays as well as the default tone. I just want one tone to play! Anyone else have any help for this problem?
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Happy7698 View Post
    I have the option of customizing the ring tone and text tone for each contact on my Note 2. My problem is that the tone I chose plays as well as the default tone. I just want one tone to play! Anyone else have any help for this problem?
    Running mc2 baseband?

Anyone know if this was fixed with mc2 anyway?

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

I don't know what mc2 is?
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Last three letters of baseband version... settings, about phone.

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

Did you try turning off the default tone in the messaging app.

That's what I had to do to use with some older phones.

Did u ever find a fix. I have the same issue. The option only seems avalibale n 4.1.2 not 4.-

Jus a qustion. Could the cause of the chosen ringtone not playing be related to sometype of system path error.

I use Ringo Lite and can set custom ringtones and text message tones for each contact with no problem! Love it!
    I use Zedge to put the ringtones on my phone and then use Ringo Lite to set each ringtone and text message for
    each contact!

I have a Note 2 on Verizon and I can change emails, text and ringtones. Running 4.1.2 right now.