customizing text tone in addition to ring tone for each contact?

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I see that you can change/customize the ringtone for each contact that calls you but can you change the text tone as well?

thanks

undertothenight

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I've never seen the ability to change text message tones for each person but I'll see if it can be done from the zedge app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
On my note 2 I can change ringtones and notification tones for individual contacts without a secondary app.

Just pick a contact from your contacts list and scroll down toward the bottom of the list. There you will find the option to change the ringtone for the selected contact and the notification tone for them as well.

At least on my at&t note 2 that is how I can do it, and I am running stock from the box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Paul Turner1

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have to agree, you can change the email notification tone in just they way you would change the ringtone for each contact. This is true on my friends Note 2. However on my Note 2 you can't. I am running the same version of the latest android software update and we are both using stock from Samsung for our sms application. I don't understand why he gets an added set of options at the bottom of his edit contact page and I don't.

Both UK Handsets
One on T-mobile (mine)
His on 3 mobile

Any ideas please as this is frustrating to say the least.

:mad:

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
T mobile uk may not have added the feature yet... It just became available recently on my sprint note 2

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

bigpapa2001

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
How did u get it to work on your sprint note 2 it wont on mine it plays default even if I choose a different one on an individual contact?

Happy7698

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the option of customizing the ring tone and text tone for each contact on my Note 2. My problem is that the tone I chose plays as well as the default tone. I just want one tone to play! Anyone else have any help for this problem?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the option of customizing the ring tone and text tone for each contact on my Note 2. My problem is that the tone I chose plays as well as the default tone. I just want one tone to play! Anyone else have any help for this problem?

Running mc2 baseband?

Anyone know if this was fixed with mc2 anyway?

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

delynnie

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I use Ringo Lite and can set custom ringtones and text message tones for each contact with no problem! Love it!
I use Zedge to put the ringtones on my phone and then use Ringo Lite to set each ringtone and text message for
each contact!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox