Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By MrMLK
  • 2 Post By TheDroidLurker
  • 2 Post By rexxcastle
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Default Note 2 and gym

Anyone uses it in the gym? Any suggestions on the accessories for the gym?

Default Re: Note 2 and gym

I have not but I do use my note 1 and just stick it in my pocket without a case.imo buy an ipod.lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    DAS

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaQuickPG View Post
    Anyone uses it in the gym? Any suggestions on the accessories for the gym?
    I am a distance runner and I carry the Note 2 with me on my runs in an armband.

I owned the original Note, and had an armband I ordered from Amazon. When I sold my original Note I kept the armband and the Note 2 fits fine. I had to modify it a little to accommodate the earphones, but the armband works well.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Default Note 2 and gym

Yeah, i am going to try just putting it in a pocket and if it doesnt work out i may get the seidio active with the holster. Armband is good for running but i dont really like it when lifting.

Global Posts
    476 Global Posts

I got a Nathan 5K Runner's Waist Pack from Amazon.

Fits the Note 2 perfectly.
    Thanked by:
    DAS, keithb2real and saltysteve like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Default Note 2 and gym

Nice, thank you, i will be buying one as well , seems like its waterproof and i can Wear it under the shirt, great solution for me.

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

You could put a handle on it and use it to do bicep curls....... ;-) .

Sent from my BNRV200 using Tapatalk 2
    Rocking the Galaxy Note 2. Rooted and De-Bloated. Take that VZW!!
    keithb2real and CLTnik like this.

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts

Since buying the Note 2, last night was my first night at the gym with it...

Mehr.

I instantly started to question my purchase. haha - I will be looking into that Samsung Muse. The shuffle-like mp3 player that syncs with Galaxy devices.. I have a 50% off coupon from Samsung, that would make the muse only 25 bucks..

I had a lite backpack by lite I mean very lite that I would put mines in while running.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a lite backpack by lite I mean very lite that I would put mines in while running.

Does the Nathan 5K Runner's Waist Pack work ok with headphone wires coming out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by ibbyj View Post
    Since buying the Note 2, last night was my first night at the gym with it...

Mehr.

I instantly started to question my purchase. haha - I will be looking into that Samsung Muse. The shuffle-like mp3 player that syncs with Galaxy devices.. I have a 50% off coupon from Samsung, that would make the muse only 25 bucks..
    That coupon dosent work with the Muse, i already tried when i used mine

Also, the way i fixed this issue for myself was to stop going to the Gym

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I've used the Sony MW600 bluetooth dongle/headset for a while, both on my Note II and previous bluetooth-enabled smart phones. It's great for the gym, because i can leave my phone in my pocket or nearby on the ground and still control volume, pause/play, and skip tracks. Amazon sells it for $53.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom v5.1

I use the jaybird freedom sprint bluetooth headphones. Totally wireless, great sound quality and battery, but a little pricy for around 100$.

Sent from my HTC One X

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I should also mention that the pro/con to the MW600 is that you need to supply your own earphones... so if you have ear phones that are comfortable and you really like, great, just plug them in. The other thing I like is that since I clip the MW600 to my shirt, you don't have to really worry about it being water/sweatproof since it's not dangling on the back of your neck or by your ears where sweat could drip down. And lastly, battery life is pretty good compared to the other options I looked at. I get about 8-10 hours of use before I have to charge again, which takes about 2 hours to fully charge.

I would say audio quality is about average. For purposes of working out/gym-use, that doesn't factor in too much for me.

I usually have mine with me at the gym but sometimes I would listen to music and sometimes not but one thing I always make sure is not to smash it with weight. It is usually in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Mweuch View Post
    I usually have mine with me at the gym but sometimes I would listen to music and sometimes not but one thing I always make sure is not to smash it with weight. It is usually in my pocket.

Mine is in my pocket in the gym as well.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I bought an armband for the note 2 off amazon today along with a decently reviewed set of bluetooth earbuds. Ill review them on here if you guys want when I receive them I can also provide links to the same products if requested.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    I bought an armband for the note 2 off amazon today along with a decently reviewed set of bluetooth earbuds. Ill review them on here if you guys want when I receive them I can also provide links to the same products if requested.

Sent via Tapatalk
    That's cool, please review.

Personally I'm ordering myself an Otterbox so I won't be afraid of hitting it with weights. Currently I'm leaving my Note 2 at home while I bring my iPhone in to the gym, but with an Otterbox I'd finally be able to use my Note 2 at the gym.

I use bluetooth headphones and keep mine in my bag or pocket. A armband looks ridiculous with the note 2

Ive got an armband for when I run or if I dont have pockets when lift. Also using jaybirds bluebuds.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums