What is better than a Note 2? A Dual Sim Note 2

ipaulr

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
What's the point of the extra SIM card? Doesn't let you use 2 carriers at 1 time? If so, why would you want to do that?

It would be great if you extra SIM card was there just to provide extra storage. Especially if that extra storage was internal storage.

I don't think you'll get 4 with this unit in the US.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

crosshair

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
What's the point of the extra SIM card? Doesn't let you use 2 carriers at 1 time? If so, why would you want to do that?

It would be great if you extra SIM card was there just to provide extra storage. Especially if that extra storage was internal storage.

I don't think you'll get 4 with this unit in the US.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

From this CNET article:

The premise is simple and very attractive: with slots for two SIM cards, a single phone can have two phone numbers. You can receive and make calls on both lines and the SIM cards can even be from separate carriers.

It's a great option for anyone who wants to combine their work and personal phone and it's perfect for frequent international travelers who want a local number while retaining their U.S. number.

Finally, a dual SIM card cell phone | Crave - CNET

And from Wikipedia:

More recently, some phones have been produced that can natively work with two SIMs, both of which may be active at the same time. These are active dual-SIM phones. There are also some Chinese triple-SIM phones.[1]

Dual-SIM operation allows the use of two services without the need to carry two phones at the same time. For example, the same handset can be used for business and private use with separate numbers and bills; or for travel, with an additional SIM for the country visited. Using multiple SIM cards allows the user to take advantage of different pricing plans for calls and text messages to certain destinations as well as mobile data usage.

These phones have until recent years been largely eschewed by the larger phone manufacturers partly due to their close ties with mobile phone networks who would prefer that customers use only one network exclusively. However more recently manufacturers such as Nokia and Samsung have started producing these phones, which will target customers mostly from developing countries.

Dual SIM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

kwjennings

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
On these dual SIM phones must the 2 SIM cards be for the same protocall (CDMA / GSM) for example 2 GSM SIM cards or 2 CDMA SIM cards.

OR

Will newer phones like the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 work with one GSM and one CDMA SIM card at the same time?

For example:
  1. Rogers GSM SIM for Canada and Verizon CDMA SIM for the USA
  2. Bell CDMA SIM for Canada and ATT GSM SIM for the USA

Enrique2SIM

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
On these dual SIM phones must the 2 SIM cards be for the same protocall (CDMA / GSM) for example 2 GSM SIM cards or 2 CDMA SIM cards.

OR

Will newer phones like the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 work with one GSM and one CDMA SIM card at the same time?

For example:
  1. Rogers GSM SIM for Canada and Verizon CDMA SIM for the USA
  2. Bell CDMA SIM for Canada and ATT GSM SIM for the USA

Hi,

Your second thought is correct. Most of the newest dual SIM devices manufactured worldwide handle different protocols in each SIM card, for instance:

GSM (SIM 1) + WCDMA (SIM2)
GSM (SIM 1) + UMTS (SIM2)

And more variations in that way, actually that is the advantage of buy one of this type of devices that the owner can handle two SIM cards of two different carriers at the same time.

Regards