Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

Default Re: The official "Biggest Surprises" thread

Quote Originally Posted by acbuescher View Post
    I can pinch the keyboard in to activate one handed operation..wow

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II
    Doesnt seem to work for me. Hmmm. Are you just piching on the full size samsung keyboard? Does the one handed setting need to be enabled? Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Phoneguy108 View Post
    Ouch do you have a case on it?
    Just the samsung flipcover which looked good but offered no protection at all and it fell flat with the flipcover open too.

Seriously thought my phone was done with so what a nice surprise that it survived with nary a scratch.

That being said, the 20secs from the drop to the time I picked my phone up = moments I never want to re-experience ever.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by curney View Post
    Doesnt seem to work for me. Hmmm. Are you just piching on the full size samsung keyboard? Does the one handed setting need to be enabled? Thanks

i have one handed operation selected yes, and its only Samsung stock keyboard. it definitely doesn't work smooth but it works every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by curney View Post

Didn't work for me either on my ATT version

Originally Posted by curney<br />
    Doesnt seem to work for me. Hmmm. Are you just piching on the full size samsung keyboard? Does the one handed setting need to be enabled? Thanks<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    i have one handed operation selected yes, and its only Samsung stock keyboard. it definitely doesn't work smooth but it works every now and then.
    Thanks! Works for me. I didn't know this before today! I'm on the International GN II. Thanks! I like typing on the full sized keyboard when I'm using two hands.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

Att version works fine for me. Try using both thumbs at center of keyboard and go out to make keyboard big. Vice versa to make small

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II

I found a bad surprise today. The phone will only let me send a mass text message to 10 people at a time. With my Evo 4G I could send out a mass text to as many people as I wanted. Any way around this? I am looking for a setting that won't restrict a mass text to 10 people? Is this a limitation that was imposed by Samsung, Google, or ATT? Who is to blame?!?! Thanks
    Last edited by Phoneguy108; 12-09-2012 at 02:33 PM.

i like being able to just say cheese to take a picture. easier to keep the phone steady, i've found it irritating to tap a button on a screen to take pics since i left phones with a dedicated physical camera button

also love being able to capture a picture from a video....nice.
    Thanked by:
    billieocean2 and DAS like this.

Biggest good surprise: How easy it is to hold to your ear and use as a phone; I read so many people saying it was just too big and impossible to use like that. While those who said it was too big to hold and pocket were shot down by others telling them it was not, there was very little defense on the phone usage aspect of it.

Biggest bad surprise: How slippery it is! My case will be here tomorrow and should give me a good grip.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
    Biggest good surprise: How easy it is to hold to your ear and use as a phone; I read so many people saying it was just too big and impossible to use like that. While those who said it was too big to hold and pocket were shot down by others telling them it was not, there was very little defense on the phone usage aspect of it.

Biggest bad surprise: How slippery it is! My case will be here tomorrow and should give me a good grip.
    super slippery!!!

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I am suprised by the amount of differences between the s3 and note 2. I honestly thought it was really the screen and s-pen but there are a variety of settings that the s3 doesnt have. Also im supried by the battery life over the s3 as well as its plain performance. I felt the s3 was a darn good, speedy phone but the note 2 seems to be able to outperform it.

4G LTE Thunderbolt
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

Not really a surprise, but a welcomed addition over the original Note. I can now easily sync notes taken on the Note 2 with the Note 10.1 and vice versa.

Using the original Note I was unable to do this. I think it was primarily because Samsung did not include S-Note on the original Note, but rather used a pseudo app called S-Memo. However, on the Note 2 they included S-Note so I can start writing an idea on the tablet, add to my writing on the phone, and finish up where I left off on the tablet. It comes in handy when I take notes in a meeting with the tablet, go to lunch with a colleague and continue discussing a project with my phone, and then get back to my office and finish up my thoughts on the tablet.
    blaze5 likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Quote Originally Posted by Googlenerd View Post
    I think the gesture which you swipe the edge of your hand across the screen to take a screen capture is pretty cool!
    GO BIG BLUE!!!

(Okay, carry on.)
    underdonk likes this.

I found a bad surprise today. The phone will only let me send a mass text message to 10 people at a time. With my Evo 4G I could send out a mass text to as many people as I wanted. Any way around this? I am looking for a setting that won't restrict a mass text to 10 people? Is this a limitation that was imposed by Samsung, Google, or ATT? Who is to blame?!?! Thanks
    Anyone?
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

If I had to guess I would say that was a unique feature of HTC Sense. Samsung probably does not include it for fear of violating a patent or something.

I don't know of any 3rd party launchers that might duplicate that feature, but I'll check around and see if I can help or at least confirm definitely if it's unique to HTC.

I have an old EVO 4G. I may fire it up tonight to see how exactly it worked on that device to refresh my memory.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    If I had to guess I would say that was a unique feature of HTC Sense. Samsung probably does not include it for fear of violating a patent or something.

I don't know of any 3rd party launchers that might duplicate that feature, but I'll check around and see if I can help or at least confirm definitely if it's unique to HTC.

I have an old EVO 4G. I may fire it up tonight to see how exactly it worked on that device to refresh my memory.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    I appreciate the assistance. I have been searching around on the web as well trying to find a solution (rather than having to use a 3rd party app).

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Got my Note II this past weekend on Saturday - International Version. Three pleasant surprises:

1. The music player toggles between album art and lyrics - sweet! (Something iOS on the iPad stopped doing!)
    2. Pinching in the Apps or Widgets view shows the multiple screens.
    3. I read today that Jelly Bean 4.1.2 is out with new features. What more could they add to the Note 2? How awesome is this device?!

I love the motion controls.

I'm surprised how good the sound quality is for the speakers and especially for the head phones. I've stopped using my Sony & Seinnheiser headphones.

Very annoyed the handwriting recognition feature doesn't automatically insert a space after recognizing a word. How annoying to have to tap the space button after each word.

Quote Originally Posted by aquahiker View Post
    I'm surprised how good the sound quality is for the speakers and especially for the head phones. I've stopped using my Sony & Seinnheiser headphones.

Very annoyed the handwriting recognition feature doesn't automatically insert a space after recognizing a word. How annoying to have to tap the space button after each word.
    I just keep writing and it inserts a space. It only doesn't when you stop. Try just writing an entire sentence continuously,

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

Quote Originally Posted by aquahiker View Post

You can draw a horizontal line from left to right for a space after each word. Or right to left to backspace.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Johnly likes this.

My surprise is negative. Since the update,Google voice & twitter do not allow me to see what I am typing while I am typing it. It was nice before the update..not torture! Hahaha..

My positive surprise is I went from rhe gs2 to this, paid the full price..and I couldn't be happier!

relentlessplayer..using the mighty SGH-T889

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
    I agree with you there. I have a friend that came over to my place few weeks ago. He first saw my phone and exclaim that it too big, he whined how it won't fit in my pocket. I told him that it did fit in my pocket and show him how easily it slide in my demin jeans pocket. I remind you that he have iPhone 4. And I told him it felt comfortable because it rest in my hand perfectly and I be able to type better. I'm a long user of QWERTY from RIM 850 to Sidekick 3.

My biggest surprise is how big difference between Froyo/gingerbread and ice cream sandwich/jelly bean. I love the expandable notification and the Google now. They really work great on my phone. I love how Google keep on expanding their horizon on Android every major version. And love the peanut butter project, it actually made android so fluid than gingerbread.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Positive: The many many gestures that you just keep on discovering new cool ones like turning the phone over to mute a call ringing, the little notification light on the top, first time I've ever had one, it's so freakin useful.
    Negatives: It's spoiled me and now I can never go back to a smaller screen for the rest of my life.

Anyone?
    I was able to mass text my entire contact list using Handcent

the one disappointing thing for me is you have to unlock the screen to adjust the volume when playing music.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast