Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Default Re: The official "Biggest Surprises" thread

Aside from all the cool features I had read about, I was surprised to find that you can use a custom picture as your SMS background. It's the little things. ...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by corki2 View Post
    Aside from all the cool features I had read about, I was surprised to find that you can use a custom picture as your SMS background. It's the little things. ...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I didn't know you could do that.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

ROM
    Stock

My big surprise was battery life;it's Stellar on this phone. I can get +5hrs of screen time and a full days Actual use of the phone. +1 for Samsung. :thumbup:

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams#AC View Post
    I didn't know you could do that.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    It's possible.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2

I forgot one more surprise. I I actually like the stock sms than Go Sms Pro. It did a better job than Go sms pro. I don't use pop up anymore because it really annoying and getting in the way with the game. The stock messaging did a really great job and have similar features as go sms pro have. And plus go sms pro is becoming a premium app since half of the features is premium only.

Sent from my SGH-T889

Quote Originally Posted by relentlessplayer View Post
    My surprise is negative. Since the update,Google voice & twitter do not allow me to see what I am typing while I am typing it. It was nice before the update..not torture! Hahaha..

My positive surprise is I went from rhe gs2 to this, paid the full price..and I couldn't be happier!

relentlessplayer..using the mighty SGH-T889
    This is what I am dealing with while messaging using google voice

relentlessplayer..using the mighty SGH-T889
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official "Biggest Surprises" thread-uploadfromtaptalk1357000828656.jpg  

There is a little red light by the proximity sensor. If the phone is sitting flat on a surface and you put your finger over it, it will display messages, missed calls, and a battery life indicator for a couple of seconds.

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    For whatever reason i cant seem to get this to work
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

Quote Originally Posted by aquafusiondane View Post
    I forgot one more surprise. I I actually like the stock sms than Go Sms Pro. It did a better job than Go sms pro. I don't use pop up anymore because it really annoying and getting in the way with the game. The stock messaging did a really great job and have similar features as go sms pro have. And plus go sms pro is becoming a premium app since half of the features is premium only.

Sent from my SGH-T889
    I would probably be using the stock program if it had the resend option. Other than that, it's stellar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

Quote Originally Posted by rexxcastle View Post
    For whatever reason i cant seem to get this to work
    Go to Settings, Motion (make sure it's toggled On), then make sure "Quick glance" is checked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Another surprise is how seamlessly using the S Beam and Android Beam with my other friend. Just bump then click and that it. And I like it how it didn't even use the mobile network and it far more reliable than Bump app. Surely it use the bluetooth which make it slow transfer. But it work well. Often when I use Bump, some pictures didn't get transfer and both of us is on a full wifi bar. While S/A Beam will transfer everything.

Sent from my SGH-T889

Default The official "Biggest Surprises" thread

Quote Originally Posted by AustinTech View Post
    Almost the exact same thing happened to me this AM, but it was just a senior co-worker and not my boss. The dude said he wanted to vent to me about how he has no time to do all his work, but he said he'll go find someone who wasn't watching videos and could relate to his problem. I said OK and went back to the phone to figure out that feature.
    LOL! Sorry that happened but that was funny.
    iPhone 5S+Galaxy S5 user. Google Glass Explorer.

Follow Me:

App.Net: sleepnclass
    Twitter: sleepnclass

Peace & Blessings.
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

Last night I discovered you can add stickers to appointments. If you have a medical, lunch, or a host of other type of appointments you can insert a sticker to spruce up your calendar :-)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official "Biggest Surprises" thread-uploadfromtaptalk1359550457823.jpg   The official "Biggest Surprises" thread-uploadfromtaptalk1359550472091.jpg  
    Thanked by 3:
    corki2, Phoneguy108 and mrxblue like this.

I was surprised at how much the size was a non-issue. Every review I read went on and on about how great it was, then said it was just huge. When i first opened the box, I thought it was massive, but literally the first day i just felt the size was just right....

my HTC Arrive looks like a child's toy now
    cwbcpa and donec like this.

I love this phone. My best friend and his wife were playing with and now they are both threatening to leave iPhone for it.

My only complaints are essentially one. There is too little internal memory and you cannot download and install apps to an external sd.

Quote Originally Posted by digital0verdose View Post
    I love this phone. My best friend and his wife were playing with and now they are both threatening to leave iPhone for it.

My only complaints are essentially one. There is too little internal memory and you cannot download and install apps to an external sd.
    I agree

I was surprised 2 days ago when I looked at my calendar widget, saw it was a friend on fb birthday, pressed it and a option came up to send that person a personal birthday card type greeting with me writing on the card with the s pen. I think that's very cool. Friend told me out of over 100 birthday greetings mine was the coolest and most personal.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
    Thanked by 2:
    corki2, DAS and Athenazoe78 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoneguy108 View Post
    I agree
    Over the weekend a friend of my daughter saw mine and totally flipped once she tried the Spen. It took her about five minutes to decide she had to trade in her iphone.

Lucidmike has a 64gb version but it was purchased in Korea and only available for a short time. There's a petition requesting more of the 32&64gb versions be made available here.

Not moving apps to the SD card is not a phone problem, it's an Android change that was made starting with ICS. Don't blame the phone for it.

On your complaint, I'm doing alright with an external 64gb micro sd card. The external card holds all my big media(mp3, movie files), while the on board memory suffices for apps since they average around 5mb. Some going up to 100mb, but that's rare. IMHO

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

Quote Originally Posted by mrxblue View Post
    On your complaint, I'm doing alright with an external 64gb micro sd card. The external card holds all my big media(mp3, movie files), while the on board memory suffices for apps since they average around 5mb. Some going up to 100mb, but that's rare. IMHO

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color
    Personally I like to download a bunch of games and apps that I think are interesting. There are a number of these games that are 2gb+. Sure you could recommend that I delete items I am not using that moment, but that is a hassle. What would be better is if there were a larger onboard memory, or at least the option to install to extSd.
    Last edited by digital0verdose; 01-30-2013 at 12:29 PM.
    Thanked by:
    mrxblue likes this.

If you are in a video and hot the power button, the video locks. So while it is playing, now is the controls work until you hit the power button again. This had been a really helpful feature to me.

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    I don't understand. When I am watching a youtube and hit the power button my phone screen goes black.
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
    Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    i like being able to just say cheese to take a picture. easier to keep the phone steady, i've found it irritating to tap a button on a screen to take pics since i left phones with a dedicated physical camera button

also love being able to capture a picture from a video....nice.
    How do you set that up I can't figure it out?

The things I found surprising are...
    On the speaker grill there is a bump that works great for attaching a wrist strap

Could not rotate 360 degrees and that the home screen would not rotate to landscape, fixed with free app called adaptive rotation which requires few permissions

Could not hide the home screen dots, fixed with nova launcher not rooted.

Could not change the number of items next to the app drawer icon, fixed with nova launcher not rooted.

How clear Talkatone is on the Note 2

How easy it is to read on this small screen.

Surprised by how limited the apps were for the app bar.
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
    Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE

Go into settings and go to voice commands and turn them on. You can even control phone,, alarm, and music player with voice commands.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donec View Post
    How do you set that up I can't figure it out?

The things I found surprising are...
    On the speaker grill there is a bump that works great for attaching a wrist strap

Could not rotate 360 degrees and that the home screen would not rotate to landscape, fixed with free app called adaptive rotation which requires few permissions

Could not hide the home screen dots, fixed with nova launcher not rooted.

Could not change the number of items next to the app drawer icon, fixed with nova launcher not rooted.

How clear Talkatone is on the Note 2

How easy it is to read on this small screen.

Surprised by how limited the apps were for the app bar.
    While in the camera, go to settings and scroll down.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official "Biggest Surprises" thread-uploadfromtaptalk1359583672135.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    donec 

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

My biggest surprise is how quickly I got used to the size. I had gone from the iPhone 4 to the S3 and then iPhone 5. I remember the S3 feeling big at the time. For some reason this phone just feels great. I can do most things one handed when I need to without using the one handed modes in the settings. It is just an amazing device. I'm truly impressed.

Sent from my Really Big Phone

Default The official "Biggest Surprises" thread

Quote Originally Posted by donec View Post
    I don't understand. When I am watching a youtube and hit the power button my phone screen goes black.
    It only works in the native video app.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    If I were never here, you would never know.
    Thanked by:
    donec 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast