The official "Biggest Surprises" thread

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Thought this might be fun. Post your biggest surprise(s), both positive and negative (if any). Please focus only on surprises - things you didn't already know about it or things you didn't expect. For example, don't list that it only has 16GB of internal storage as a negative, since we all already knew this (unless you honestly didn't!)

For me:

• Positive: The sheer size of it is not an issue. At all. I thought it would take me a long time to get used to it, if ever. Not the case.
  • Negative: This is minor, since I use Nova launcher, but the fact that you can't delete or hide the home screen indicator dots annoys me. It takes up an entire row, and for most of us, is virtually useless I would think.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
my biggest surprise was not the size of the phone, I took to it like a duck to water. The surprise was when I picked up my GSIII a couple hours later, how small it felt.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
There is a little red light by the proximity sensor. If the phone is sitting flat on a surface and you put your finger over it, it will display messages, missed calls, and a battery life indicator for a couple of seconds.

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Biggest Surprise : Order the original white G-Note from Amazon. Received the white G-Note 2 instead. Took me a damnn while tu realize I was holdin the G-Note 2 n not the original one. Godamnnn, I felt so removed ed...............cause it says Galaxy Note 2 on the box and the phone itself. Now, thats what I call a Big Ass Surprise!!! But foreals, the real surprise about this phone is, u can answer it juss by sayin Answer or Reject :eek:

Negative : The size. I was hopin for a bigger phone. Alot more smaller than I anticipated though. removed, I would give my removed for a 6" screen godamnittt. Only if its 16:10 Aspect Ratio though ;) ;) ;)

Please watch the language.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I second this!

I walked into a T-Mobile store to check out cases and while I was just browsing I walked up to the S3 that was displayed and it felt like I was holding a phone from 2005.

I previously owned the S3 (actually I had one up until about a week ago) and that's how quickly I got used to and comfortable with the Note 2. The Note 2 feels "just right."

Some issues come up occasionally with the size, like one-handed texting (despite using the one-handed operation option) but the positives of the large display outweighh the negatives by miles

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
my biggest surprise was not the size of the phone, I took to it like a duck to water. The surprise was when I picked up my GSIII a couple hours later, how small it felt.

THIS^^ I was shocked when I held my friend's GS3 after spending a few days with my Note 2, and realizing how "small" it felt. It was like I was holding an iPhone. How weird is that?

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Good surprises:

1. That I loved Touchwiz on the Note 2. That was the biggest surprise for me!
2. How well handwriting recognition worked even in cursive. I'm a doctor. My handwriting is far from pretty. :p
3. I agree with how all other phones are suddenly tiny
4. It's sturdy. Dropped my phone from a height of 4 feet, fell flat on the screen. No cracks or scratches.

Not so good:

Beaming is not as easy as it looks. Hahaha. Not really difficult either but the videos and commercials make it seem so simple!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
If you are in a video and hot the power button, the video locks. So while it is playing, now is the controls work until you hit the power button again. This had been a really helpful feature to me.

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If you are in a video and hot the power button, the video locks. So while it is playing, now is the controls work until you hit the power button again. This had been a really helpful feature to me.

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

Not for me when I first got a phone with this feature I was watching a video at work and my boss walked in so I hit the button to shut it but instead it locked and in a panic I couldn't figure out how to stop it. Lol that sucked

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Not for me when I first got a phone with this feature I was watching a video at work and my boss walked in so I hit the button to shut it but instead it locked and in a panic I couldn't figure out how to stop it. Lol that sucked

Almost the exact same thing happened to me this AM, but it was just a senior co-worker and not my boss. The dude said he wanted to vent to me about how he has no time to do all his work, but he said he'll go find someone who wasn't watching videos and could relate to his problem. I said OK and went back to the phone to figure out that feature.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Almost the exact same thing happened to me this AM, but it was just a senior co-worker and not my boss. The dude said he wanted to vent to me about how he has no time to do all his work, but he said he'll go find someone who wasn't watching videos and could relate to his problem. I said OK and went back to the phone to figure out that feature.

Ahaahahahaha I'm sorry but that's hilarious.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I was absolutely gobsmacked by the battery life. I still can't believe it sometimes.

No negative surprises here. The worst part of the phone is the lack of Sprint LTE, but I knew that going in.

eckl

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
For me, it is the buddy page.

When I take the s pen out, a additional home screen pops up. When I roam in another country, a new roaming page pops up with useful features and apps.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781