The official "Biggest Surprises" thread

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Almost the exact same thing happened to me this AM, but it was just a senior co-worker and not my boss. The dude said he wanted to vent to me about how he has no time to do all his work, but he said he'll go find someone who wasn't watching videos and could relate to his problem. I said OK and went back to the phone to figure out that feature.

LOL! Sorry that happened but that was funny.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Last night I discovered you can add stickers to appointments. If you have a medical, lunch, or a host of other type of appointments you can insert a sticker to spruce up your calendar :)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359550457823.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359550457823.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 121
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359550472091.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359550472091.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 123

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was surprised at how much the size was a non-issue. Every review I read went on and on about how great it was, then said it was just huge. When i first opened the box, I thought it was massive, but literally the first day i just felt the size was just right....

my HTC Arrive looks like a child's toy now

digital0verdose

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone. My best friend and his wife were playing with and now they are both threatening to leave iPhone for it.

My only complaints are essentially one. There is too little internal memory and you cannot download and install apps to an external sd.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I was surprised 2 days ago when I looked at my calendar widget, saw it was a friend on fb birthday, pressed it and a option came up to send that person a personal birthday card type greeting with me writing on the card with the s pen. I think that's very cool. Friend told me out of over 100 birthday greetings mine was the coolest and most personal.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I love this phone. My best friend and his wife were playing with and now they are both threatening to leave iPhone for it.

My only complaints are essentially one. There is too little internal memory and you cannot download and install apps to an external sd.

Over the weekend a friend of my daughter saw mine and totally flipped once she tried the Spen. It took her about five minutes to decide she had to trade in her iphone. :D

Lucidmike has a 64gb version but it was purchased in Korea and only available for a short time. There's a petition requesting more of the 32&64gb versions be made available here.

Not moving apps to the SD card is not a phone problem, it's an Android change that was made starting with ICS. Don't blame the phone for it.

mrxblue

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
On your complaint, I'm doing alright with an external 64gb micro sd card. The external card holds all my big media(mp3, movie files), while the on board memory suffices for apps since they average around 5mb. Some going up to 100mb, but that's rare. IMHO

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

digital0verdose

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
On your complaint, I'm doing alright with an external 64gb micro sd card. The external card holds all my big media(mp3, movie files), while the on board memory suffices for apps since they average around 5mb. Some going up to 100mb, but that's rare. IMHO

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

Personally I like to download a bunch of games and apps that I think are interesting. There are a number of these games that are 2gb+. Sure you could recommend that I delete items I am not using that moment, but that is a hassle. What would be better is if there were a larger onboard memory, or at least the option to install to extSd.

Last edited:

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
If you are in a video and hot the power button, the video locks. So while it is playing, now is the controls work until you hit the power button again. This had been a really helpful feature to me.

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
I don't understand. When I am watching a youtube and hit the power button my phone screen goes black.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
i like being able to just say cheese to take a picture. easier to keep the phone steady, i've found it irritating to tap a button on a screen to take pics since i left phones with a dedicated physical camera button

also love being able to capture a picture from a video....nice.
How do you set that up I can't figure it out?

The things I found surprising are...
On the speaker grill there is a bump that works great for attaching a wrist strap

Could not rotate 360 degrees and that the home screen would not rotate to landscape, fixed with free app called adaptive rotation which requires few permissions

Could not hide the home screen dots, fixed with nova launcher not rooted.

Could not change the number of items next to the app drawer icon, fixed with nova launcher not rooted.

How clear Talkatone is on the Note 2

How easy it is to read on this small screen.

Surprised by how limited the apps were for the app bar.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings and go to voice commands and turn them on. You can even control phone,, alarm, and music player with voice commands.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
How do you set that up I can't figure it out?

The things I found surprising are...
On the speaker grill there is a bump that works great for attaching a wrist strap

Could not rotate 360 degrees and that the home screen would not rotate to landscape, fixed with free app called adaptive rotation which requires few permissions

Could not hide the home screen dots, fixed with nova launcher not rooted.

Could not change the number of items next to the app drawer icon, fixed with nova launcher not rooted.

How clear Talkatone is on the Note 2

How easy it is to read on this small screen.

Surprised by how limited the apps were for the app bar.

While in the camera, go to settings and scroll down.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359583672135.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359583672135.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 65

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My biggest surprise is how quickly I got used to the size. I had gone from the iPhone 4 to the S3 and then iPhone 5. I remember the S3 feeling big at the time. For some reason this phone just feels great. I can do most things one handed when I need to without using the one handed modes in the settings. It is just an amazing device. I'm truly impressed.

Sent from my Really Big Phone

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It fits in my pocket (with the leather (or leatherette) case ) very easily and withdraws easily, without slipping out accidentally. I had expected putting it a pocket was out of the question.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty surprised how well it is pocket able too. I just got the hyperion extended battery and tpu case, it still fits pretty well in my pocket.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

canadoc

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Last night I discovered you can add stickers to appointments. If you have a medical, lunch, or a host of other type of appointments you can insert a sticker to spruce up your calendar :)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

I tried this but for some reason all of my categories are blank.
Any way to redownload them?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae