Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The official "Biggest Surprises" thread

Thought this might be fun. Post your biggest surprise(s), both positive and negative (if any). Please focus only on surprises - things you didn't already know about it or things you didn't expect. For example, don't list that it only has 16GB of internal storage as a negative, since we all already knew this (unless you honestly didn't!)

For me:

• Positive: The sheer size of it is not an issue. At all. I thought it would take me a long time to get used to it, if ever. Not the case.
    • Negative: This is minor, since I use Nova launcher, but the fact that you can't delete or hide the home screen indicator dots annoys me. It takes up an entire row, and for most of us, is virtually useless I would think.
    stronggeek and donec like this.

Default Re: The official "Biggest Surprises" thread

I think the gesture which you swipe the edge of your hand across the screen to take a screen capture is pretty cool!
    underdonk likes this.

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

my biggest surprise was not the size of the phone, I took to it like a duck to water. The surprise was when I picked up my GSIII a couple hours later, how small it felt.
    dwd3885 and BillJr106 like this.

There is a little red light by the proximity sensor. If the phone is sitting flat on a surface and you put your finger over it, it will display messages, missed calls, and a battery life indicator for a couple of seconds.

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.
    Thanked by:
    lpt2569 likes this.

Cool Re: The official "Biggest Surprises" thread

I'm not using the S-Pen and I have put my Tablet to bed.

Biggest Surprise : Order the original white G-Note from Amazon. Received the white G-Note 2 instead. Took me a damnn while tu realize I was holdin the G-Note 2 n not the original one. Godamnnn, I felt so removed ed...............cause it says Galaxy Note 2 on the box and the phone itself. Now, thats what I call a Big *** Surprise!!! But foreals, the real surprise about this phone is, u can answer it juss by sayin Answer or Reject

Negative : The size. I was hopin for a bigger phone. Alot more smaller than I anticipated though. removed, I would give my removed for a 6" screen godamnittt. Only if its 16:10 Aspect Ratio though

Please watch the language.
    Last edited by Paul627g; 11-26-2012 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Edited for language.

I second this!

I walked into a T-Mobile store to check out cases and while I was just browsing I walked up to the S3 that was displayed and it felt like I was holding a phone from 2005.

I previously owned the S3 (actually I had one up until about a week ago) and that's how quickly I got used to and comfortable with the Note 2. The Note 2 feels "just right."

Some issues come up occasionally with the size, like one-handed texting (despite using the one-handed operation option) but the positives of the large display outweighh the negatives by miles

Quote Originally Posted by vr002sh View Post
    my biggest surprise was not the size of the phone, I took to it like a duck to water. The surprise was when I picked up my GSIII a couple hours later, how small it felt.
    THIS^^ I was shocked when I held my friend's GS3 after spending a few days with my Note 2, and realizing how "small" it felt. It was like I was holding an iPhone. How weird is that?

Good surprises:

1. That I loved Touchwiz on the Note 2. That was the biggest surprise for me!
    2. How well handwriting recognition worked even in cursive. I'm a doctor. My handwriting is far from pretty. :P
    3. I agree with how all other phones are suddenly tiny
    4. It's sturdy. Dropped my phone from a height of 4 feet, fell flat on the screen. No cracks or scratches.

Not so good:

Beaming is not as easy as it looks. Hahaha. Not really difficult either but the videos and commercials make it seem so simple!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

If you are in a video and hot the power button, the video locks. So while it is playing, now is the controls work until you hit the power button again. This had been a really helpful feature to me.

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    Thanked by 2:
    lpt2569 likes this.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams#AC View Post
    If you are in a video and hot the power button, the video locks. So while it is playing, now is the controls work until you hit the power button again. This had been a really helpful feature to me.

Not for me when I first got a phone with this feature I was watching a video at work and my boss walked in so I hit the button to shut it but instead it locked and in a panic I couldn't figure out how to stop it. Lol that sucked

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by 2:
    skafri#WN and lpt2569 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Not for me when I first got a phone with this feature I was watching a video at work and my boss walked in so I hit the button to shut it but instead it locked and in a panic I couldn't figure out how to stop it. Lol that sucked

Almost the exact same thing happened to me this AM, but it was just a senior co-worker and not my boss. The dude said he wanted to vent to me about how he has no time to do all his work, but he said he'll go find someone who wasn't watching videos and could relate to his problem. I said OK and went back to the phone to figure out that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinTech View Post
    Almost the exact same thing happened to me this AM, but it was just a senior co-worker and not my boss. The dude said he wanted to vent to me about how he has no time to do all his work, but he said he'll go find someone who wasn't watching videos and could relate to his problem. I said OK and went back to the phone to figure out that feature.
    Ahaahahahaha I'm sorry but that's hilarious.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

I was absolutely gobsmacked by the battery life. I still can't believe it sometimes.

No negative surprises here. The worst part of the phone is the lack of Sprint LTE, but I knew that going in.

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

I can pinch the keyboard in to activate one handed operation..wow

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by vr002sh View Post
    Exact same thing with me.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

This is great find. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acbuescher View Post
    I can pinch the keyboard in to activate one handed operation..wow

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II
    This is super useful. Thanks

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

For me, it is the buddy page.

When I take the s pen out, a additional home screen pops up. When I roam in another country, a new roaming page pops up with useful features and apps.

That's cool. I didn't know that it did that.

i see what your saying what stupid feature. duh how about a double tap or the home button. not the power button!!!

The Good
    1. Battery life amazes me! Freak’n awesome.
    2. The LED light top left flashes green when I receive a notification or txt message.
    3. The ability to swipe hand over motion sensor when phone is asleep to see a quick preview of missed emails, texts and phone calls.
    4. I am with ATT so I knew the multi-tasking window did not work but was pleasantly surprised to find that using the native video player I can pop out a video and continue working with it playing on top.
    5. Slide hand across screen to capture screen.
    6. Size is not that big of a deal.
    7. How well the handwriting recognition works.
    8. Google voice works great for me, especially for sending text messages.

Negatives
    1. ATT disabling multi-window.
    2. Not being able to move documents to SD card!! That bites boogers.

Quote Originally Posted by alikoyyy View Post
    Good surprises:

1. That I loved Touchwiz on the Note 2. That was the biggest surprise for me!
    2. How well handwriting recognition worked even in cursive. I'm a doctor. My handwriting is far from pretty. :P
    3. I agree with how all other phones are suddenly tiny
    4. It's sturdy. Dropped my phone from a height of 4 feet, fell flat on the screen. No cracks or scratches.

Not so good:

Beaming is not as easy as it looks. Hahaha. Not really difficult either but the videos and commercials make it seem so simple!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    Ouch do you have a case on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post
    I was absolutely gobsmacked by the battery life. I still can't believe it sometimes.

No negative surprises here. The worst part of the phone is the lack of Sprint LTE, but I knew that going in.
    Same here the battery life is insane. I unplugged my phone yesterday at 5:30 am and I still have 13% battery left!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Metro2033 View Post
    The Good
    1. Battery life amazes me! Freak’n awesome.
    2. The LED light top left flashes green when I receive a notification or txt message.
    3. The ability to swipe hand over motion sensor when phone is asleep to see a quick preview of missed emails, texts and phone calls.
    4. I am with ATT so I knew the multi-tasking window did not work but was pleasantly surprised to find that using the native video player I can pop out a video and continue working with it playing on top.
    5. Slide hand across screen to capture screen.
    6. Size is not that big of a deal.
    7. How well the handwriting recognition works.
    8. Google voice works great for me, especially for sending text messages.

Negatives
    1. ATT disabling multi-window.
    2. Not being able to move documents to SD card!! That bites boogers.

I hear multi window is coming soon to ATT
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast