Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree239Likes

Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

Wait! Let's make this clear: Do you want a photo of the phone or of that guy's ****?

BIG difference.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
    Wait! Let's make this clear: Do you want a photo of the phone or of that guy's ****?

BIG difference.

I think the phone would be preferable. :P

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
    Just picked up a brand new Nexus 4. This phone is nice. I think I found and Android winner. The keyboard is easy to type on. I got a deal for $260 for the 16 GB. Using it with Att. It feels nice.
    Wow $260? That's a crazy price.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    I think the phone would be preferable. :P

What! You're a weird man... :-D

Tom (Yes, I was joking ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I remember when Instagram came to Android, the iphone users got SOOOOO passed off. I laughed so hard.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Yeah now they aren't the only ones that can ruin good pictures with a stupid filter. Although I liked how instagram functioned on my old iPhone better than my DNA.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by croppz View Post
    Yeah now they aren't the only ones that can ruin good pictures with a stupid filter. Although I liked how instagram functioned on my old iPhone better than my DNA.

Yup, and android users could join in with the people that upload stupid pics with stupid filters onto their Instagram profile and pretend that that makes them a photographer.

Thanked by:
    bigoldthor likes this.

Yup, and android users could join in with the people that upload stupid pics with stupid filters onto their Instagram profile and pretend that that makes them a photographer.

Not mine.. but still

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Not mine.. but still

I said stupid pictures. :P

kilofoxtrot likes this.

I think that iPhone will be used for people who just want a simple smarthphone and nothing else. Android is for experienced users who want to root and devolop apps. That is my opinion.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by txgranville View Post
    I think that iPhone will be used for people who just want a simple smarthphone and nothing else. Android is for experienced users who want to root and devolop apps. That is my opinion.

Basically yes. Also android users like to customize their phone and being able to use it how THEY want to.

Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by txgranville View Post

That's about as far from correct as it gets lol only about 1% of the total android users root and fewer still dev anything. Also Apple if memory serves has roughly the same or more app developers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    That's about as far from correct as it gets lol only about 1% of the total android users root and fewer still dev anything. Also Apple if memory serves has roughly the same or more app developers.

What he said was still true to an extent so to say that his post couldn't be further from the truth is further from the truth than his post. :P

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

What he said was still true to an extent so to say that his post couldn't be further from the truth is further from the truth than his post. :P

How is it true at all he said people buy android to root and develop apps there is absolutely no truth in that at all. The numbers don't lie add up the biggest sites for android and you will only get roughly 1% of the estimated 750,000,000 android smartphones assuming android still holds a 75% market share out of the estimated 1billion smart phones active worldwide.

Your point of customization is putting words in his mouth for one, and two how can you conclusively say a majority are grabbing launchers, icon packs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    How is it true at all he said people buy android to root and develop apps there is absolutely no truth in that at all. The numbers don't lie add up the biggest sites for android and you will only get roughly 1% of the estimated 750,000,000 android smartphones assuming android still holds a 75% market share out of the estimated 1billion smart phones active worldwide.

Your point of customization is putting words in his mouth for one, and two how can you conclusively say a majority are grabbing launchers, icon packs, etc.

Did I say anything about majority? I said to an extent he's right. If you want I can grab you a dictionary. Also my post has nothing to do with this but I laughed at your wording. "Putting words in his mouth", funny. More like I'm giving him advice on why else people buy Androids, which 1000's of others do here yet I never heard that kind of wording used.

Besides, for all either of us know there are people who buy Androids because of rooting. A very small minority if they exist but they still count.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Did I say anything about majority? I said to an extent he's right. If you want I can grab you a dictionary. Also my post has nothing to do with this but I laughed at your wording. "Putting words in his mouth", funny. More like I'm giving him advice on why else people buy Androids, which 1000's of others do here yet I never heard that kind of wording used.

Besides, for all either of us know there are people who buy Androids because of rooting. A very small minority if they exist but they still count.

His comment had an implied majority as he was using generalized blanket statements for both brands.

You clearly were backing up his position leaving me to believe you also had an implied majority.

Edit: customization is a valid one to me honestly but rooting and development not so much. Root is really the means to getting more customization. Apps could be seen in some cases for the same argument.

Nothing it's just overhype

xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KingAL View Post
    Nothing it's just overhype

Not true my friend.

It can collect dust!
    TomsAndroid likes this.

I think IOS offers a superior gaming experience to Android.

This is due to the selection and quality of the games rather than technical limitations or hardware form factor. But the iPhone 5 has a world-class GPU.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by friendscatdied View Post
    I think IOS offers a superior gaming experience to Android.

This is due to the selection and quality of the games rather than technical limitations or hardware form factor. But the iPhone 5 has a world-class GPU.

If you're a big mobile gamer you might see it that way, personally I think the difference is negligible. I've found lots of high quality, enjoyable games on the Play Store.

Thanked by:

Just playing devil's advocate. I don't really game in the mobile environment (my computer is too high-end) but I agree that Android has improved recently with games like Dead Trigger, NFS, Bard's Tale, the GTAs and such. iPhone 5 definitely has a far superior GPU though and the GPU is probably the Achilles heel of the Note 2.

Global Posts
    5,721 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

One thing that the iPhone 5 does WAY better is being receptive to being urinated on. Of course, I've never tried that with the Note 2 because I don't think the N2 would appreciate it. The iP5 seemed not to mind at all.
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

What gets me is how a lot of Google apps work better on IOS. I have both a Note 2 which I am trying to make my daily driver and an Iphone 5but things like this irritate me. For example, I have an XLS file sent to me on email and I save it to Google drive. It contains a list of hotels we use for volunteer work to place clients that have had a disaster along with their addresses and phone numbers. With my iPhone, I just open the file on Google drive, find the closest hotel, click on the number and it dials it right up. With the Note 2, I have to physically dial the number. The only Google apps that I like better on the Note are Gmail. Just my take on it, while it's true, you can tweak an Android more, IOS is a pretty good user experience, even for a fairly advanced user.
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    5,721 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by pstmstr View Post
    What gets me is how a lot of Google apps work better on IOS. I have both a Note 2 which I am trying to make my daily driver and an Iphone 5but things like this irritate me. For example, I have an XLS file sent to me on email and I save it to Google drive. It contains a list of hotels we use for volunteer work to place clients that have had a disaster along with their addresses and phone numbers. With my iPhone, I just open the file on Google drive, find the closest hotel, click on the number and it dials it right up. With the Note 2, I have to physically dial the number. The only Google apps that I like better on the Note are Gmail. Just my take on it, while it's true, you can tweak an Android more, IOS is a pretty good user experience, even for a fairly advanced user.
    That specific example is because of a lawsuit over a patent. Android used to have the same functionality with being able to just tap a number and have it dial, but Apple sued over it and now it's a 2 step process. On most websites it'll still work by sending the number to your dialer and you just have to hit send, or call. Otherwise, you can copy from original and paste in the dialer as well, but it's a 2-3 step process instead of 1 because of BS litigation. I say BS because Apple didn't invent that functionality, it existed prior to the iPhone.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    That specific example is because of a lawsuit over a patent. Android used to have the same functionality with being able to just tap a number and have it dial, but Apple sued over it and now it's a 2 step process. On most websites it'll still work by sending the number to your dialer and you just have to hit send, or call. Otherwise, you can copy from original and paste in the dialer as well, but it's a 2-3 step process instead of 1 because of BS litigation. I say BS because Apple didn't invent that functionality, it existed prior to the iPhone.
    So did everything else that Apple has patented.

Last edited by xlDeMoNiClx; 02-03-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Probably but it is pretty amusing how Google is putting apps out that are very good on the iPhone. I really enjoy different aspects of both devices and think that both platforms are causing innovation to continue which is a good thing for us. We could argue IOS vs Android forever but the truth is that both are getting better. I'm sitting here hoping the jailbreak is released today so I can make my iPhone more usable.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast