Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree239Likes

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

Quote Originally Posted by croppz View Post
    Facetime is for teenage girls.

Taste it. Im sorry but as a previous iphone owner, there is nothing an iphone does that an android device cant do better. I am so glad I dont have to go to itunes for every little thing. You cant do anything on an iOS device unless steve jobs' ghost says you can. Ive jailbroken my old iphone quite a few times and it was still behind android in terms of functionality. And thats with the android device remaining stock.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Former iphone user here love my note 2!!!!
    One thing iphone does better naturally is itunesU. There is no official app for it though there is tunes viewer. Problem is if the lecturer makes his lecture private, you need an ios device to login and see the content....
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justafew View Post
    Camera quick start. This is the one feature that I miss the most. I loved being able to just drag up on the camera directly from the lockscreen on the iPhone and the camera would open w/o unlocking your device. This was an outstanding feature as I am required by my company's policy to have an alpha/numeric password on my phone which often hampers me from getting my camera open in time to catch that priceless snapshot. Even though you can put a camera shortcut on the lockscreen, I still have to unlock the phone before the camera opens and anyone with kids knows, if you take too long you miss out on the opportunity for a great shot.
    I would argue against this point.With the iphone you still have to hit the home button to turn on the lockscreen and then swipe up on the camera softbutton.
    This is no different than having the camera as a shortcut on the Note 2.
    Hit home button and swipe up on the camera.
    Alternatively you can even set it so when u hit home button with your thumb on the screen and rotate into camera position it auto launches the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I will neverEVER use apple products.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    HEHE! Sort of a variation on my personal position: I will never purchase another Apple product of ANY KIND. I got caught up in the ipod craze and own at least 10 ipods of various models. heck between my wife and I we have FOUR touches. Never again will I be going into an Apple store to consider the purchase of ANYTHING they have got for sale. It is a promise that is easily kept.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    HEHE! Sort of a variation on my personal position: I will never purchase another Apple product of ANY KIND. I got caught up in the ipod craze and own at least 10 ipods of various models. heck between my wife and I we have FOUR touches. Never again will I be going into an Apple store to consider the purchase of ANYTHING they have got for sale. It is a promise that is easily kept.
    I had 1 ipod touch, and it fried after 2-3 years. That plus knowing how bare bones iOS is, made me now very wanna touch an Apple product again.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    1812dave likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by canadoc View Post
    One thing iphone does better naturally is itunesU. There is no official app for it though there is tunes viewer. Problem is if the lecturer makes his lecture private, you need an ios device to login and see the content....
    I have no idea what you were taking about.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by canadoc View Post
    Yeah, one thing that annoys me is when people (such as lecturers) don't accommodate for Android users :-(

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by TomsAndroid View Post
    Yeah, one thing that annoys me is when people (such as lecturers) don't accommodate for Android users :-(

Tom

Been in the you section at Wal-Mart recently? Lots of toys that include the iPhone or iPad app. Think it off the entire section, I saw one or two that accommodated android. I'm stuck of everyone playing iPhone favoritism... look at market share, accommodate us who don't want the same old iCrap.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock and TomsAndroid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tirith View Post
    Been in the you section at Wal-Mart recently? Lots of toys that include the iPhone or iPad app. Think it off the entire section, I saw one or two that accommodated android. I'm stuck of everyone playing iPhone favoritism... look at market share, accommodate us who don't want the same old iCrap.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network
    It's pretty sad. But Amazon has some great stuff for Android phones.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tirith View Post
    As iPhone's market share keeps shrinking and Android's keeps growing, those that want to only support iPhone will eventually be replaced by former competitors who chose to support Android.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
    As iPhone's market share keeps shrinking and Android's keeps growing, those that want to only support iPhone will eventually be replaced by former competitors who chose to support Android.
    And I can't wait for that time...

tirith and Darth Spock like this.

And I can't wait for that time...

Hopefully it comes soon.

Sounds like the Andfans are getting restless.
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
    Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE

Quote Originally Posted by donec View Post
    Sounds like the Andfans are getting restless.
    Aww, aren't you clever. :P Never heard that one before.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Nothing. I've used both. Apple is going downhill. Long live Samsung!

Galaxy Note 2 - Tapatalk HD 2 - Best Buy - SiriusXM Radio
    Thanked by 2:
    xlDeMoNiClx and TomsAndroid like this.
    c_Hacks Avatar

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

Default What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

The iPhone certainly can't get people laughing when you hold it up to your ear, or make you look like you have a pizza box in your pocket. Lol. I honestly tried to get my wife to consider a Note 2 and she just gave me the evil eye - then she laughed and laughed when I told her it really was a phone.
    Retired Ambassador

The iphone makes a good paperweight.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Darth Spock and zapfrog like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mattmatt299 View Post
    The iPhone certainly can't get people laughing when you hold it up to your ear, or make you look like you have a pizza box in your pocket. Lol. I honestly tried to get my wife to consider a Note 2 and she just gave me the evil eye - then she laughed and laughed when I told her it really was a phone.
    Woman prefer the S3 over the note because it's a little smaller with similar features minus the s-pen. I already promised my gf to get her the new S4 when it comes out because she hates her iphone 5 with a passion lil

TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

Not that I'd get an iphone, mind you, but you can get it with more then 16gb of internal storage. I'm hoping the next round of Android phones (GN3, GS4, etc) rectify this.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by blackberrymamba View Post
    What do you guys think, is the iphone still competitive with the galaxy note 2 or are we talking apples and oranges?
    The iphone 5 has nothing on the galaxy Note 2. Not even close.

Apple's advantage used to be that you can just pick it up and use it because it was just so simple but now android is just as some if not easier than an iphone.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXM View Post
    Woman prefer the S3 over the note because it's a little smaller with similar features minus the s-pen. I already promised my gf to get her the new S4 when it comes out because she hates her iphone 5 with a passion lil
    What does she hate about it?

I think the Note 2 is overall superior to the iPhone 5 but I like the 3d sculpted look of the iOS buttons and some labels. I also like the flipping transitions between screens and the use by developers of deep looking transparent color icons.
    Last edited by universeand; 02-11-2013 at 08:41 PM.
    TomsAndroid likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by universeand View Post
    I think the Note 2 is overall superior to the iPhone 5 but I like the 3d sculpted look of the iOS buttons and some labels. I also like the flipping transitions between screens and the use by developers of deep looking transparent color icons.
    You mean these icons? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....Iphone5Screen
    The ones that are available on the Google play store by the boat load? I skinned my daughters SGS2 to look just like an iphone. The best part is even though it looks the same as an iphone it still does way more.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:

What does she hate about it?
    She hates that the iphone 5 has very rudimentary user interface, she hates the restrictions that service providers place on the phone, she hates the small screen, and she hates the lack of customization.

Thanked by 2:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Eww I hate the look of the iphone. Everything you just described makes me cringe lol. Android has surpassed the iOS with ice cream sandwich and jelly bean.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXM View Post
    Eww I hate the look of the iphone. Everything you just described makes me cringe lol. Android has surpassed the iOS with ice cream sandwich and jelly bean.
    To each their peach. I have a Note 2, so I use Jelly Bean via TouchWiz, but I still like the 3d sculpted look of the iOS buttons and some labels, the flipping transitions between screens and the use by iOS developers of deep looking transparent color icons. Not that the Note 2 is the pits or anything, it's nice and it's the first Android user interface that I like, but I do like those those touches of iOS.
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.