Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree239Likes

Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

I miss the hardware mute button. The volume controls still confuse me. Also, the keyboard/typing is easier on iOS. Otherwise I luv my N2. Like the previous poster said, the screen size makes up for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Why is everyone saying apple is easy, my son just got an ipod and its a piece of , the touch screen only works in fits and starts and there are no ing menus or info on the bloody thing. But what really bugs me is the problems I had putting some music on it, loads of hoops to go through with that damm itunes bollocks with an android you just load the music to a chip, plug in and play. Sorry I've had a very frustrating day with the ipod
    Thanked by 2:
    petaf, 1812dave, Sashreek and 1 others like this.

Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pstmstr View Post
    I've tried and returned the Note 2 twice, really wanting to make the switch. Thinking seriously about trying again. To me, the iphone is simpler to use and "just works" , the upgrade process on Andorid, especially with Verizon is frustrating as was some of the other things. I love the screen size and was getting close to keeping it when my 14 days was drawing to a close. My girlfriend and I share reminders, I Facetime with the grandkids out of state, and I love Tweetbot and how it synchs read tweets via iCloud between my iPhone, iPad, and Macbook Air. Convince me guys, what similar Android programs will help me make the jump and stick with the Note 2, Verizon is 3 miles down the road and calling my name again.
    Just keep the iPhone. I've done the same thing with other phones-- try them twice and still go back to the iPhone each time. I'm going to keep my iPhone for now and hope the rumors are true about the Galaxy Note 8. I've found an iPhone and a small android tablet make a pretty good combination.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Thanked by:
    Tunnelrunner likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by richard hodge View Post
    Why is everyone saying apple is easy, my son just got an ipod and its a piece of , the touch screen only works in fits and starts and there are no ing menus or info on the bloody thing. But what really bugs me is the problems I had putting some music on it, loads of hoops to go through with that damm itunes bollocks with an android you just load the music to a chip, plug in and play. Sorry I've had a very frustrating day with the ipod
    The menus are under settings. What's so difficult about putting the music on there? You plug it in to itunes an sync music. Itunes will find you music if you tell it to find your music. It's, at most, a 3 step process.

Quote Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
    The menus are under settings. What's so difficult about putting the music on there? You plug it in to itunes an sync music. Itunes will find you music if you tell it to find your music. It's, at most, a 3 step process.
    tewest86....Just from my short time participating in these forums, it's plain to see that you are an Apple fanboi. The bulk of the posts I see you post on are ones comparing iPhone and Android. And you are ALWAYS praising Apple. Just honestly curious as to why you even post on here? It is an Android forum after all.
    Thanked by 3:
    1812dave and kurosenpai like this.

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

There are also apps for Android that let you do the same thing. Easy Phone Sync is what I used to use. I just drag and drop files. I don't see how it difficult to do so?
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by jhinson52 View Post
    tewest86....Just from my short time participating in these forums, it's plain to see that you are an Apple fanboi. The bulk of the posts I see you post on are ones comparing iPhone and Android. And you are ALWAYS praising Apple. Just honestly curious as to why you even post on here? It is an Android forum after all.
    I'm glad its not just me lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

I may be in the minority here, but I don't store my music on my main system drive. I actually don't store any of my media files on the main system drive.

I have worked with I tunes, Wmp, Kies, Zune etc. All of them are the same in that you "have" to point the application to the directory that had your media files. All of them will default to your documents, music, etc. So in that sense, they are all the same. They all scan, etc with just a few steps. For that matter, the I tune interface is a pain to change "and stick". Some versions are better than others, but it's not any better at all. If anything, I found I tunes to not support the amount of formats, resolutions and bit depths that the others have, due to apples closed loop thinking process.

The only thing I found I missed from the iphone was the massive amount of peripherals that are made for it. For me, that is it.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:
    cinnamin likes this.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    I've used Facetime on my Touchs. I use Google Talk video chat. either one will work. Apple doesn't get "extra credit" for having Facetime, IMO. AAMOF, unless u have certain Apple products, you are left out of Facetime. I can chat on Google Talk from my PC or tablet, or phone...to anyone with a Google account and (drumroll) their PC, tablet or phone... So which program do YOU think has the most utility? The google product is hardware agnostic. works on a myriad of devices, including Apple.
    "Extra credit"? I simply said the Facetime feature on the iPhone is a neat feature in which I've seen used in many cool ways in the healthcare field. In case you haven't noticed, a LOT of people own iPhones, so it's easy to just pick up your phone and facetime from any location, anywhere that receives a signal or wifi connection.

How is having an entire family bringing out a laptop or having to sit down in front of a PC and then arranging the OTHER party to do the same thing EASIER than two people whipping out an iPhone and facetiming anywhere they get a signal?

I don't even own an iPhone, I just think it's a great feature that's quick, convenient, and easy to use that's provided into the interface of the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jollydogg View Post
    "Extra credit"? I simply said the Facetime feature on the iPhone is a neat feature in which I've seen used in many cool ways in the healthcare field. In case you haven't noticed, a LOT of people own iPhones, so it's easy to just pick up your phone and facetime from any location, anywhere that receives a signal or wifi connection.

How is having an entire family bringing out a laptop or having to sit down in front of a PC and then arranging the OTHER party to do the same thing EASIER than two people whipping out an iPhone and facetiming anywhere they get a signal?

I don't even own an iPhone, I just think it's a great feature that's quick, convenient, and easy to use that's provided into the interface of the phone.
    Lol, if you don't have when iphone, how do you know? And as was stated, you can do the sane thing with Google. It's just a thing that "no one thinks it to that innovative" that apple tries to make it seem so special. Same thing with all the rest of the things android users consider "basic" because it's just a standard feature.

That's why apple gets no "extra credit" or imho, credit at all. Too be honest and blunt, there really is nothing better the iphone can do besides take pictures nicely out of the box. THAT'S IT! Anything else is being kind and politically correct. That's just the truth.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

I'm a fan boy because I help people when they claim " it's so hard to get music on my ipod?" I use what phone I think is better and right now I believe it to be the iphone 5. I bothers me when I see people post lame excuses about what the iphone can't do but when I correct them I'm a fanboi? Sorry, I just don't like people posting false information. I'm here because I had/have a SG3, SGN2, HTC One X, HTC One X+, and Nexus. Oh, and 2 Nexus 7. I come here to figure out ways to make these phones better.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

What android phone u HAD doesn't mean jack lol. U praise apple bro IMO. Getting music on iTunes will NEVER EVER be easier than android or BB. DRAG N DROP OR GTFO

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 3:
    GrooveRite, Kid1da and Sashreek like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chaze8 View Post
    I miss the hardware mute button. The volume controls still confuse me.

See if this works better for you...

Press the power button so that the screen lights up, then press & hold it (again) for just a second. A menu will pop up with options to Mute, Vibrate or turn the Ringer back on.

It's a little more of a process, but still very quick.

Imo, and from what ive noticed, Iphone can get accessories WAY faster than any other phone made. Very irritating IMO!

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nlitenme View Post
    See if this works better for you...

Press the power button so that the screen lights up, then press & hold it (again) for just a second. A menu will pop up with options to Mute, Vibrate or turn the Ringer back on.

It's a little more of a process, but still very quick.
    Better yet, pull down the drop down menu on the home screen, tap Sound (might have to tap twice, goes from Vibrate to Mute), done.
    Macbook Air 13" 2013 | iMac 27' 2011 | iPhone 5s 64GB | Nexus 5 32GB
    visit me at www.thegeeksoffice.com
    Thanked by:
    cdf3 
    cdf3 likes this.

The post honestly wasn't a praise. I don't understand where the confusion with iTunes comes from.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the back cover may feel thin and plasticity but it will last probably longer than your 2 year contract
    Actually broke the back cover on my GS3 in a month and a half
    Nexus 5-Galaxy S3-iphone 4-iphone 3-original iphone
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by raziel View Post
    Better yet, pull down the drop down menu on the home screen, tap Sound (might have to tap twice, goes from Vibrate to Mute), done.
    This requires your phone to be past the lock screen already. I was offering an option from when the phone is sleeping, which is when the hardware switch on the iphone 5 is the handiest.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

It's not that I'm wishy washy, I seriously wanting to make the switch, does anyone have any productive comments on the uses I've mentioned that are good alternatives in Android. I realize this is an Android forum but not all of us Apple users are out to bash you guys. I like the idea of the things you can do with Android that aren't possible with IOS, just looking for some alternatives for the IOS features/programs I like to use on an almost daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by raziel View Post
    Just stick with the iphone, seriously. If you are that wishy washy about it you are going to keep wanting to go back.

Each device suits everyone differently. If you are more comfortable with the iphone then it is definitely for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    gadgetman#CB likes this.

This requires your phone to be past the lock screen already. I was offering an option from when the phone is sleeping, which is when the hardware switch on the iphone 5 is the handiest.
    You can pull the notification shade down right on the lock screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    You can pull the notification shade down right on the lock screen.

Not on a N2 on 4.1.1, at least not on mine. If you know a way to activate that, please share.

But yes, that makes it even easier.

Not on a N2 on 4.1.1, at least not on mine. If you know a way to activate that, please share.

But yes, that makes it even easier.
    My GS3 does it and my coworkers note 2 on sprit does. I didn't turn anything on or off in regards to this tho so I'm not sure why there's a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    My GS3 does it and my coworkers note 2 on sprit does. I didn't turn anything on or off in regards to this tho so I'm not sure why there's a difference.

Wow, didn't realize I was missing that.

Thanks again VZW! My wife's S3 doesn't either!

Will someone else with a VZW N2 or S3 check to see if yours does? I'd appreciate it.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MatroxD View Post
    Lol, if you don't have when iphone, how do you know? And as was stated, you can do the sane thing with Google. It's just a thing that "no one thinks it to that innovative" that apple tries to make it seem so special. Same thing with all the rest of the things android users consider "basic" because it's just a standard feature.

That's why apple gets no "extra credit" or imho, credit at all. Too be honest and blunt, there really is nothing better the iphone can do besides take pictures nicely out of the box. THAT'S IT! Anything else is being kind and politically correct. That's just the truth.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
    Um, I know because I've owned and used an iPhone before.....? It's much more convenient to facetime over a connection for two families that already own iPhones. I was simply stating one good aspect of an iPhone, not trying to compare everything else. Heel.
    quicksilver53 likes this.

Maybe you mistyped, because the post at the end said you "didn't even own an iPhone", but whatever, really doesn't matter.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast