Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 360
Like Tree239Likes
  1. #176  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    It can be smaller

    Sgt Jiggy "SG Note II"
    kilofoxtrot and AnnDroid like this.
  2. #177  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I still think you are just being a fanboy for Apple rather than looking at all the options. Check out Google Sync
    Pretty odd comment given that I've never owned an iPhone and likely never will. That Google Sync page you directed us to shows how to sync Google contacts between the phone and one's Google account - whoopie. It offers no help in syncing one's Google contacts with Outlook.

    I think you need an education on what being a "fanboy" actually consists of -- it doesn't mean being a person who can acknowledge actual benefits of a product without wanting to own one.

    I get tired of people slamming products for no particular reason other than they prefer a competing product. I like my Android devices, have since my first one (Samsung Fascinate). I've found Samsung products to be the most attractive within the Android offerings. But I'd recommend iPhones to those whose needs are simple and who want an easy-to-use device on which they can play Angry Birds, check their Facebook account and play music. My needs are more extensive and business-oriented, and the iPhone has nothing really to recommend itself to me. Easier syncing with Outlook, though, is something I continue to look for. You juvenile dolts who throw insults at others (and yes, I realize what I just did there) aren't doing anything to advance understanding of some real shortcomings of Android.
  3. #178  
    Johnly's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,689 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,735 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    I take it back. Grandma is going to use her brain and learn Android for a few days. I want her happy the rest of her days, not bored to tears.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  4. #179  
    bennavere's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Dude I use Android-Sync to trans all my business and personal outlook data. Android-Sync | Sync Android with Outlook via USB works fine for me.
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.
  5. #180  
    The Real X Dawg's Avatar

    Posts
    336 Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffs71 View Post
    Tell that to someone who's never used an Android before. They'll disagree. I agree that JB and ICS have made things simpler, but it's still a lot to figure out if coming from an iPhone.
    It's no different going than from Android to iOS. You're going to be used to doing things the Android way and now have to do it Apple's way.


    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
  6. #181  
    Johnly's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,689 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,735 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Real X Dawg View Post
    It's no different going than from Android to iOS. You're going to be used to doing things the Android way and now have to do it Apple's way.


    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    Except Apple is great at importing......horrid at exporting. At least both lanes are clear with the Android highway

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  7. #182  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck View Post
    Pretty odd comment given that I've never owned an iPhone and likely never will. That Google Sync page you directed us to shows how to sync Google contacts between the phone and one's Google account - whoopie. It offers no help in syncing one's Google contacts with Outlook.

    I think you need an education on what being a "fanboy" actually consists of -- it doesn't mean being a person who can acknowledge actual benefits of a product without wanting to own one.

    I get tired of people slamming products for no particular reason other than they prefer a competing product. I like my Android devices, have since my first one (Samsung Fascinate). I've found Samsung products to be the most attractive within the Android offerings. But I'd recommend iPhones to those whose needs are simple and who want an easy-to-use device on which they can play Angry Birds, check their Facebook account and play music. My needs are more extensive and business-oriented, and the iPhone has nothing really to recommend itself to me. Easier syncing with Outlook, though, is something I continue to look for. You juvenile dolts who throw insults at others (and yes, I realize what I just did there) aren't doing anything to advance understanding of some real shortcomings of Android.
    I will forgo the back and forth. I sense you are getting upset and I apologize for the fanboy comment. But it honestly sounded that way. I gave you a solution for syncing your contacts and calendar and tasks using Sync calendar, contacts, tasks and notes to Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry - CompanionLink and you chose not to use it so I'm sorry if my suggestion wasted your time. The program works perfectly and I have been using it for over 2 years now. There is a 14 day free trial so there is no risk to try it. I think you would find that it's worth the $40.
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by 2:
    Johnly, raziel and TomsAndroid like this.
  8. #183  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    CompanionLink ... There is a 14 day free trial
    Thanks for that information; it may be enough incentive for me to try it. I was burned by the awful MarkSpace product that never worked correctly and had no refund opportunity.
    Thanked by:
  9. #184  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Real X Dawg View Post
    It's no different going than from Android to iOS. You're going to be used to doing things the Android way and now have to do it Apple's way.


    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    So true. I had to get used to using swipe features to get additional features in iOS because there's no menu key.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
  10. #185  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Why would someone chain their PIM info to a desktop app without being on exchange????

    I quit Outlook years ago.... and have never looked back.
    1812dave likes this.
  11. #186  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Why would someone chain their PIM info to a desktop app without being on exchange????

    I quit Outlook years ago.... and have never looked back.
    one thing I like to use outlook for is sorting my mail into folders and applying rules. I get a massive amount of client mail so I have to even break it up into separate PST files.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  12. #187  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by fivegear View Post
    ...It is also comforting that I can grab a replacement back cover if mine gets scratched or damaged and change it...
    Agreed, they cost about 10 bucks at Amazon. You may need to replace one a year, big whoop.
  13. #188  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post
    ...I still find myself wondering which symbol is select all, copy, cut, and paste on my Note....
    A poor aspect of the GN2. Often it's far to difficult or even impossible to move the end tag symbol to end of what you want to select. Real bummer. I hope Samsung fixes it in an update (of course without a bootloader update. :-)
    Tunnelrunner likes this.
  14. #189  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by universeand View Post
    A poor aspect of the GN2. Often it's far to difficult or even impossible to move the end tag symbol to end of what you want to select. Real bummer. I hope Samsung fixes it in an update (of course without a bootloader update. :-)
    Yes. It is very choppy and hard to pinpoint sometimes.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  15. #190  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    The big thing and the only thing about iPhones is the better feel. I can say without a doubt that the device feels better in hand despite it being easier to scratch etc. No one can really say otherwise that the plastic feels better than the matte aluminum. The better feel also is contributed by the many cases that they have. For example the Note 2 does not have element cases and I, for one, think this is a big thing. I'm a huge show off and would consider changing back to the iPhone just because I can get the 200$ element case. ( Seriously )
  16. #191  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    812 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by kennethkilo View Post
    The big thing and the only thing about iPhones is the better feel. I can say without a doubt that the device feels better in hand despite it being easier to scratch etc. No one can really say otherwise that the plastic feels better than the matte aluminum. The better feel also is contributed by the many cases that they have. For example the Note 2 does not have element cases and I, for one, think this is a big thing. I'm a huge show off and would consider changing back to the iPhone just because I can get the 200$ element case. ( Seriously )
    Personal preference I prefer the feel of Sammy phones yes there are iphones in my house. And $200 for a case! OK you go ahead and enjoy that lol:rolleyes:.

    Sent from my refrigerator
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid and TheOtherBill like this.
  17. #192  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I gave you a solution for syncing your contacts and calendar and tasks using Sync calendar, contacts, tasks and notes to Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry - CompanionLink ...
    OK, so I went to the CompanionLink website and it looks like the software doesn't sync the Outlook contacts and calendar with the GMail one, but rather with a third one called "DejaOffice." Does DejaOffice sync with Gmail, or not?
  18. #193  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Personal preference I prefer the feel of Sammy phones yes there are iphones in my house. And $200 for a case! OK you go ahead and enjoy that lol:rolleyes:.

    Sent from my refrigerator
    :P I know, that's just me though because I'm legitly a huge show off :P I love those cases!
  19. #194  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by kennethkilo View Post
    :P I know, that's just me though because I'm legitly a huge show off :P I love those cases!
    Haha that case better be made of gold or chrome or something. :P

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    badbrad17 likes this.
  20. #195  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    I feel like the only things the iPhone 5 has over the Note II is the iCloud sync of everything, and the portability (for people who are too insecure about having a large phone). They're not really competing devices though in my opinion. One is a small, portable smartphone and one is a smartphone/tablet hybrid all-in-one.
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.
  21. #196  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Originally Posted by universeand
    A poor aspect of the GN2. Often it's far to difficult or even impossible to move the end tag symbol to end of what you want to select. Real bummer. I hope Samsung fixes it in an update (of course without a bootloader update. :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post
    Yes. It is very choppy and hard to pinpoint sometimes.
    Playing around with the cut and paste tag pointers a bit more, I see that one trick to handling them better is to position them by moving the pen or your finger on the screen well off to side (outside) of the text you want to select. Such as if you want to move the end tag to the end of next line, place the pen off to the side of line the tag is on and drag it down to the next line, while still remaining off of the line. That works reliably and allows you to easily move the tag back up as well. (I've had this great device for 2 months and I'm still exploring it's features and how best to customize and use it.)
  22. #197  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Iphone 5, can't do anything better. The new iPhone 5S won't do anything better either. The only thing that it might be able to do is take better pictures then the Iphone5 since they messed up that camera.

    What kind of camera is in the iPhone 5 anyway? I was reading something about light leaking so the pictures were coming out with a purple hue.

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
  23. #198  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    812 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Onemoa View Post
    Iphone 5, can't do anything better. The new iPhone 5S won't do anything better either. The only thing that it might be able to do is take better pictures then the Iphone5 since they messed up that camera.

    What kind of camera is in the iPhone 5 anyway? I was reading something about light leaking so the pictures were coming out with a purple hue.

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    I think its a Sony aperature

    Sent from my refrigerator
  24. #199  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck View Post
    OK, so I went to the CompanionLink website and it looks like the software doesn't sync the Outlook contacts and calendar with the GMail one, but rather with a third one called "DejaOffice." Does DejaOffice sync with Gmail, or not?
    you have to download the one for outlook and gmail. Never heard of the deja office thing. Go here and click the link http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  25. #200  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by joshuapingley View Post
    I feel like the only things the iPhone 5 has over the Note II is the iCloud sync of everything, and the portability (for people who are too insecure about having a large phone). They're not really competing devices though in my opinion. One is a small, portable smartphone and one is a smartphone/tablet hybrid all-in-one.
    do you mean for backing up your phone?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What phones are better than the Charge?
    By bl4ke360 in forum Verizon Droid Charge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 12:08 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 09-18-2012, 04:25 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 12:00 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 11:13 AM
  5. 10 things Android does better than the iPhone
    By slinky317 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions